Old 19-11-2007   #1
New on Forum

Optiarc AD-5560A

Hey i have some problem with my Optiarc DVD drive. As mentions above i have a Optiarc 5560a and it should burn with 8x speed but it doesn t burn so fast. Another Problem i have with the Burning QUality. I think its not that good. I burned a Windows Recovery Image on the DVD and it took ages to burn it and even longer to read them out.

Someone can say whether i new firmware is coming soon ? or what Dvd's i have to use ?
Developper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Optiarc AD-5560A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Developper View Post
Hey i have some problem with my Optiarc DVD drive. As mentions above i have a Optiarc 5560a and it should burn with 8x speed but it doesn t burn so fast. Another Problem i have with the Burning QUality. I think its not that good. I burned a Windows Recovery Image on the DVD and it took ages to burn it and even longer to read them out.

Someone can say whether i new firmware is coming soon ? or what Dvd's i have to use ?
Please show a burnlog, NO drive can even start burning dvd at 8x.
Regarding the writestrategy used, it starts up at 4x or 6x and increases...........

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007   #3
Senior Administrator

It's a slimline drive. So it might start writing at an even lower speed than 4x.

Unrequested PM about drive problems will not be answered!
Liggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007   #4
New on Forum

No it just start with 2X and ends with 2x.
Developper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

Yes Optiarc drive are known for this, for The CSS protection in the firmware. I reflashed my AD-5540A and it is now peaking at 6.3x. I will also say my slimtype always starts at 0.08x and then moves up every minute or so until it reaches 6.3x.
Dell 17R, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Intel i5 Core (460M), Western Digtial 750GB (Scorpio Black) H.D., 8GB RAM (PC10700), 900p LED HD Display (1600x900) display, 1GB Nvidia Card, Hitachi GBW-10N 6x BD/CD/DVD-RW, SRS Premium Sound System!

PC#2: Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Intel Core 2 Duo T5450, 4GB (PC5300) RAM, 256MB ATI Video Card, 640GB Western Digital HD, PBDS DVD-+RW.

Other Equipment:
1 Pioneer DVR-112D External Drive, 4 External Pioneer DVR-116D Drives, 1 CopyStar Duplicator With ASUS DVDE616A3 DVDRomDrive and 2 Pioneer DVR-116D mounted in it, Mapower enclosure with 2 1TB Western Digital H.D., Mapower enclosure with 2 750GB Seagate HD's, 1 Lacie 2TB 2Big Quadra unit, 8TB MediaSonic ProBox, 2 2TB Western Digital Element drives for backup, and Logitech Pro speaker system!
THE C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007   #6
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE C. View Post
Yes Optiarc drive are known for this, for The CSS protection in the firmware. I reflashed my AD-5540A and it is now peaking at 6.3x. I will also say my slimtype always starts at 0.08x and then moves up every minute or so until it reaches 6.3x.
Muhahahaha, that made my day.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE C. View Post
I just got a new dell M1730 with this annoying Optiarc drive. I know it's not made for scanning, but I tried it anyway and it stays at 2x. Would I need run the official flash utility for my specific drive, or could I use a firmware for the 5540A, for example?
natureboy is offline   Reply With Quote