Old 08-01-2007   #1
New on Forum

So many P2P sites....how do you choose?

I'm brand new to this, so bear with me if this has been asked a million times, but I'm trying to find a site that I can join that I can download stuff...music, movies, that kind of thing.

There's so many and they all seem to be around the same price.

If I'm going to spend 50 bucks or so, I'd at least like to know that it's a decent site.

Kazaa, Limewire, music etc, napster?

Any recommendations?

Thanks
scott1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #2
CD Freaks Senior Member

Re: So many P2P sites....how do you choose?

Come again? I can't seem to work out whether you're looking for a subscription service or a free service.

You're saying that your willing to pay 50 bucks or so for a p2p service yet, you've also named Kazaa which up until this day is still a free p2p service.
soneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #3
New on Forum

kazaa is not working correctly anymore dont even waste your time downloading it, i tried morpheus it was the third p2p i ever used and it's ok, and most p2p software are free but will include advertisments i think the fee is to get an advertisment free version with faster downloads. i know almost nothing about this p2p so if im wrong please correct me.

if you still want to throw money around then give me the $50 and ill send you my morpheus installer
masty1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #4
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masty1213
kazaa is not working correctly anymore dont even waste your time downloading it, i tried morpheus it was the third p2p i ever used and it's ok, and most p2p software are free but will include advertisments i think the fee is to get an advertisment free version with faster downloads. i know almost nothing about this p2p so if im wrong please correct me.

if you still want to throw money around then give me the $50 and ill send you my morpheus installer
Kazaa is still around as far as I know. I think the latest version is called 'Kazaa Lite Resurrection' or something like that.
Old 09-01-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

Google FileSharingPlace and you will find KLR.
- 6GB DDR3

My GFX Cards:
- Asus Radeon HD 7790 2GB (Crossfire with same card
)

Click Here To Join ClubCDfreaks
Id33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007   #6
New on Forum

OK, perhaps we can rephrase the question...if I were to spend 50 bucks, which sites would you recommend? I don't want all the crap associated with bad files.
Most of the free sites have corrupt or damaged files. 50.00 is worth knowing that the files are good. So, back to my origional question which paysite, and which free site?
That covers both ends of it to avoid any confusion.
scott1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007   #7
MyCE Resident

d'load torrents.....free
Nosmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007   #8
CD Freaks Member

Any private torrent site is good - if a torrent is found to be corrupt, bogus, a virus, or whatever, it gets reported and deleted very quickly. Mind you, if you're just looking for music you shouldn't have to worry about viruses etc... mp3 files don't end in ".exe"...

Demonoid's pretty good, but there's a certain "pink" private site that's the best of the best for music...
Old 18-01-2007   #9
New on Forum

from my understanding the p2p sharing sites that you pay for $30/mo or whatever they are, they are more or less just torrent sites - and you can find those for free. and most of them still seem like they'd be illegal anyway, as i don't think they share their fees with media companies. so don't waste the money. either download legit sources like amazon or something, or do torrents from torrentspy, demonoid, etc, etc...
teamgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007   #10
CD Freaks Member

ok, I've been around this sight for a while & have a simelar question.
so if i'm using lets say ares & i download somthing & get caught(illegal ) then the possibilities are good that I'll recieve a message or letter from the riaa or some such sort. my one child loves ares & lives off it. I've seen the screen on here machine but didnt realy understand the implcations...
thats why ur involving the spyware so to speak...
satelight7430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007   #11
New on Forum

If you download a free one, DON'T GET KAZAA. ITS LOADED WITH VIRUSES.
DoomDenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #12
FMB
New on Forum

Hi I notice that some of the links directing people to Limewire are directing people to a site that cost just $0.50 or so a month, These sites are Bogus, I ended up paying £27.00 and £6.00 with out my knoledge, on 2 seperate payemnts instead of the $0.50 it wasn't untill I actually got to limewire that i was told the It's is indeed 100% free, you should not pay for Limewire, if you do contact your credit card opperater straight away and tell them that you have not concented to this payment!
FMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #13
New on Forum

Just wonder, why such well-known sites turn out to be untrustworthy. There were some bitter disappointments. Really such a variety allows to navigate freely in this sea in hope of finding a safe island
PinaColada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #14
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaColada
Just wonder, why such well-known sites turn out to be untrustworthy. There were some bitter disappointments. Really such a variety allows to navigate freely in this sea in hope of finding a safe island

I have used 360share for the last three years, there is a free ver' but it is quite slow so I paid £10 for the upgrade. in the three years since, I have down loaded HUNDREDS of songs/movies/files. and have NEVER had a problem with a corrupt file or virus.

john
johnx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #15
New on Forum

When you buy music from an online site, you're going to be locked into their system, meaning that you usually will be restricted via DRM (unless you burn the music and rip it again from the burned CD). Chose wisely. There are very few sites without DRM restrictions.

One of the most popular sites is www.itunes.com, for their music store. Remember, you'll be locked into having an iPod and using their software. If you have a taste for more independent music, check out www.emusic.com or www.download.com/music/

I say you should do a search and find out what you can. www.mp3.com has a listing of what different online music stores offer and other details.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
SurfPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #16
New on Forum

well Im running Limewire pro got it free. running ares free and neither no ads and fast downloads and if there is a bad file or corrupt on either they will warn you.I dont think any tha ya pay money for is gonna be different in tha matter then anyother out ther.anyone of them ya will run into bad files.
Ultra_fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007   #17
New on Forum

The issue of corrupted files is really not the worst problem, it can be settled anyway... though sometimes annoying, but the worst thing I had to face is the restrictions implied, like on iTunes.
PinaColada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #18
New on Forum

I have used Ares Galaxy for a few years now and I really like it...........it's free and no spyware.
dunld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #19
Chocolate Aficionado

have you tried Frostwire? its free
http://www.frostwire.com/
Sexy_Southerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #20
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Southerner
have you tried Frostwire? its free
http://www.frostwire.com/
Frostwire hasn't been working for me for about 6 months now.

I havent tried it out since. How is it going these days? Is it back up and running again?
Old 03-04-2007   #21
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where

There are some good Blog sites to get some good stuff.

Click HERE to join CDFreaks.com

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007   #22
Chocolate Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneman
Frostwire hasn't been working for me for about 6 months now.

I havent tried it out since. How is it going these days? Is it back up and running again?
i ditched limewire for it and its been ok...... i'm looking into ares ....looks pretty good as well
Sexy_Southerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007   #23
MyCE Resident

well if you're gonna pay for something, get a usenet account..safer and faster than anything else. More info here: http://www.slyck.com/ng.php i would recommend newshosting or giganews. Usenet might not be as easy to get started with as p2p stuff but its so much better imo.
Old 05-04-2007   #24
CD Freaks Rookie

I used ARES for 6 months or better, we have 3 computers running on it and have had no problems.

USING ARES

If your using Beareshare or limewire or any other peer to peer share downloading program, you should consider using this program ARES, I had almost 7000 viruses from limewire and year ago lost our hard drive from bearshare use. This ares does some different things after download and allows me to scan before opening the download.

First we use AVG for scanning for Viruses download the free version from
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/ This allows to right click and choose to scan when needed.

ARES http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/
Download the version 1.9.3
Select USA and any city
Some wear they ask for a user and email. Downloads icon on desktop “Ares”

To scan and view on hard drive: After downloading
1- go to “My computer”
2- click “local disk C drive”
3- click “Documents and Setting”
4- click “next choose your file “ example if your logged in as user click “user”
5- click “local Setting”
6- click “Application Data”
7- click “Ares”
8- click “My Shared Folders” (for your Downloads)
9- right click on items for scan AVG
10- after scan drag and drop items or do what ever you want with them

ARES ALLOWS MOVIES DOWNLOADS IT SEEMS THAT IF A MOVIES COMES OUT TODAY WAIT A FEW DAYS BEFORE ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD, I RAN INTO FUNKY STUFF. THE MOVIE DOWNLOADS COME IN A AVI FORMAT MOSTLY, WHICH IS A MIRCOSOFT PROGRAM. YOU’LL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT YOUR SYSTEM. SEEMS LIKE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11 AND REALPLAYER WORK GOOD WITH AVI FORMATS. BY THE WAY DOWNLOAD MOVIES ARE 700.000+ KB DOWNLOAD TIMES ARE A FEW HOURS FOR DOWNLOADS, IF YOU SPLEEP AT NIGHT THEN DOWNLOAD AT NIGHT. THERE IS A WAY TO CHANGE THE FORMAT AND BURN ONTO A DVD FOR YOUR CD PLAYERS. BUT THE ABOVE INFO IS FOR WATCHING ON YOUR COMPUTER, WORKS GREAT WE HAVE DOWNLOAD SEVERAL MOVIES IN THE LAST WEEK.

P.S. YOU’LL HAVE TO UNDERSTAND MY SPELLING AND GRAMMER, VERY POOR!! BUT, I CAN REMEMBER NUM
budlightbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #25
CDFreaks Resident

So many newbies around here....

Guys..

Use Emule 047c ( Oficial ).

its free!
And it does have the button Search....lololol

Personally, i prefer Extreme....

Last Month: 200Gigas only on Extreme...

Have a good P2P day....
Plextor 716 TLA#0202 1.10 + Lite-On 167 Hackspeed + Benq 1640 "TLA#May" BSLB + Lite-On 20A1L
Mordorr is offline   Reply With Quote