Old 15-12-2005   #1
New on Forum

shareaza help- downloaded files disappeared, not in library!

Hi, I'm using Shareaza for the first time, I downloaded a few songs, and when down load was complete, they played fine. But they did not transfer to the Library, and today they were completely gone, as well as my search history items. There is nothing in the Library, and I specified a folder from the tools, share files tab.
How to I save the files I've downloaded, and also, how do I then burn them to CD. I'm really not as dumb as I sound, just can't figure this out for some reason. Thanks in advance!
dgreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005   #2
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Re: shareaza help- downloaded files disappeared, not in library!

Welcome to the forum

By default, Shareaza automatically saves all downloads in the 'Downloads' folder within your 'My Documents' folder, so if they are not listed in its library, you should be able to find them here. Alternatively, click Start -> Programs -> Shareaza -> Downloads. If your content is not located at either of these two places, perform a search on your 'C' drive with a few keywords that are in the titles of your songs that you have downloaded. As you mention that Shareaza has lost its library and search history, chances are that it lost its configuration and thus may have orphaned off the old folders it used for storing downloads as a result.

Burning MP3 and WMA tracks to CD is fairly straight forward. As I'm not sure what burning package you use for writing CDs, I'll mention how to create an Audio CD using Windows Media Player 10:
  1. Go into the Shareaza download folder.
  2. Select the tracks you wish to write (hold down the control key while clicking each track to select more than one).
  3. Right-click on any icon in your selection and click on 'Add to Burn List'.
  4. Windows Media Player will now launch and once it loads, click on the 'Burn' tab.
  5. Insert a black disc and press 'Start Burn' to burn the selection as an Audio CD.
Seán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005   #3
MyCE Senior Member

I Thought that the RIAA had Got at Shareaza n Closed it Down....If it's still running I bet it's Full of RIAA Files......BEWARE!!
MrScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005   #4
MyCE Resident

i have used shareaza and lately i wasn't getting to d/l anything form it so i uninstalled it.

Bj

click HERE to join cdfreaks
Bjproc is offline   Reply With Quote