Old 21-02-2011   #1

Limewire lawsuit

I haven't used limewire in a while but when I downloaded a file it was a recorded message saying I have been chosen in the suit to receive a FREE Iphone, a FREE X-Box, a FREE computer or another FREE gift. To receive a gift I had to visit Limewirelaw.com. Should I be afraid to do this? Could they seek me out and arrest me for downloading music files?
Teatime60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011   #2
RCM
MyCE Resident

Re: Limewire lawsuit

I'd be wary, even though the site redirects to ifreeclub.com, you still don't know, and limewire doesn't even connect anymore!
Old 21-02-2011   #3
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)

This might help

http://www.who.is/whois/limewire%20law
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011   #4
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Welcome to the forum, Teatime60

I've shifted your thread to our Downloading & File Sharing forum, as it's likely to get even more attention in here.

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #5

i have gone to limewire law, however i cant find out how to even get the free items. Please someone help. Thank you!
kimberlyg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyg33 View Post
i have gone to limewire law, however i cant find out how to even get the free items. Please someone help. Thank you!
Kimberly. Learn to be vigilant with this kind of stuff. This is obviously fake. Do you really think any US court would order Limewire to give out free iPods? To random people who are pirating music??? C'mon!

Use your head or you're going to get taken advantage of.
hafinkle118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teatime60 View Post
I haven't used limewire in a while but when I downloaded a file it was a recorded message saying I have been chosen in the suit to receive a FREE Iphone, a FREE X-Box, a FREE computer or another FREE gift. To receive a gift I had to visit Limewirelaw.com. Should I be afraid to do this? Could they seek me out and arrest me for downloading music files?
IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!! You get ripped off for 39.95. You pay for nothing!!!!! Then they tell you your i pad will be shipped on a certain date and the date is long enough that you can't get your money back from paypal because it has been too long. THIS IS A BIG SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kitz123 is offline   Reply With Quote