LimeWire 2.04 released

LimeWire, a p2p program operating on the Gnutella network, has been on the market for some time now. Version 2.04 has been released.

Version 2.0.4 has the ability to send and receive metadata queries for more precise category-specific searching, including the ability to search by ID3 fields for MP3s, and other metadata for video, news, and text files. The latest version also includes an integrated MP3 player with Winamp-style playlist support, the ability to view and filter audio search results by bitrate, and the ability to add category-specific information to your files to make them more easily searchable.

A little while ago, it was reported that version 2.02 of this Gnutella-clone had a built-in Trojan horse. Version 2.04 should come without it, according to the the authors of the program.

To be hounest: I don't trust them for the full 100%. They did it before, how can we be sure that they didn't do it again.

Besides that, in my opinion, LimeWire doesn't work all that good. Maybe things have changed since a couple of days, but I doubt it.

Anyhow, I'm not installing it .

Source: CNet

No posts to display