Old 12-09-2005   #1
New on Forum

Legal Music download with no DRM

I have an I-audio M3 MP3 player (also plays OGG, WMA and ASF) which unfortunately does not support any DRM system. Can anybody recommend a legal music download site that I can use to download pay per track music?

I know that I could use Napster, burn the music to a CD and then copy it back but thats a bit of a hassle and in any case I've read that Napster may be changing their DRM to stop that approach.

Zannah
zannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #2
Top Referrer

Re: Legal Music download with no DRM

As for 100% legit sites no, they all have DRM. However AllofMP3.com has a massive selection of DRM free music where you can choose your download format/quality, and it does have MP3 (128-320kbps on most audio files) as an option. It is not clear yet if it is legal, as it is hosted in Russia where copyright laws are very relaxed, it is safe to use, well, I have never heard of anybody having money stolen by them.

Ben
Old 13-09-2005   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn_246
As for 100% legit sites no, they all have DRM. However AllofMP3.com has a massive selection of DRM free music where you can choose your download format/quality, and it does have MP3 (128-320kbps on most audio files) as an option. It is not clear yet if it is legal, as it is hosted in Russia where copyright laws are very relaxed, it is safe to use, well, I have never heard of anybody having money stolen by them.

Ben
As far as i know its legal ...
Old 13-09-2005   #5
Top Referrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
As far as i know its legal ...
I think this is the case, but I know they have often had threats bought against them by anti-piracy organisations. I know they are walking a very thin tightrope. I think it is fully legal in Russia, but the issue is that they are openly serving (a majority) of customers from outside of Russia. It seems that then it is not clear what the law says.