Old 25-03-2007   #1
CD Freaks Junior Member

How do I unprotect WMAs?

I want to transfer a large number of songs from Windows Media Player to ITunes but I get the message " Protected WMA Format and could not convert?

How do I unprotect these WMA's so I can transfer to ITunes?
kanamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #2
CD Freaks Junior Member

Re: How do I unprotect WMAs?

Are there any intelligent people out there who can answer my question?
kanamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #3
MyCE Resident

You could either re-record them using analog in- and outputs or remove the WMA protection with the aid of a handy tool.

I will not help you with this, because removing the WMA protection may be illegal in your country. Try google.
Old 26-03-2007   #4
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Assuming you don't have Windows Media Player version 11 installed, the utility FairUse4WM should help unlock your protected WMA music. Note that as the tool mentions, you must already be able to play the protected files in order for the tool to work. E.g. if you copy DRM protected files to another PC which does not have the license to play the music, the utility will not work.

Microsoft has improved its DRM (copy protection) system in Windows Media Player version 11.0.6000 and later, which prevents the tool from working. To see which version you're using, go into Windows Media Player, right-click the title bar and then Help => About Windows Media Player.
Seán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

Try this: http://www.rockassoftware.pt.vu/
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007   #6
New on Forum

An easy and legal way to unprotect your WMAs in order to be able to transer them is to use Tunebite. It´s legal because it re-records them, like Mr.Belvedere says, without the protection.
I mean, all this topic, whether it´s legal or not, is sooo old and debated...I think it´s legal, as long as it is for personal use. It is your right to use the WMA´s like you want, be it on a PC or a mobile device.
You can read more about the way Tunebite enables you to have your music always with you audials
fresh_daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007   #7
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Are there any intelligent people out there
Intelligent peole don't use wma's and avoid DRM in general and try to avoid any commercial apps for conversion(spam)
Old 21-09-2007   #8
MyCE Resident

If you can hear it you can record it!...did I say that?

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
t0nee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007   #9
CD Freaks Junior Member

If you bought a drm wma, burn it to a disc and then rip that disc back into your computer as a MP3. Or put a microphone up to the speakers and hit the record button on the cassette recorder.....
8Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007   #10
New on Forum

I think the easiest way to do this is by using Tunebite. I have been using it for some time and must say that it's really fast and the quality of the sound is high.
NoCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007   #11
RS2
CD Freaks Junior Member

DaChew....
'Intelligent peole don't use wma's and avoid DRM in general and try to avoid any commercial apps for conversion(spam)'...
Laugh? I nearly bought my own beer!
RS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007   #12
Former Moderator

I use SoundTaxi
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz running Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Corsair H50 Hydro Cooler CWCH50
Intel BOXDZ77GA70K LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard
Corsair DOMINATOR 16GB (4 x 4GB)
ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5 GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
SAMSUNG 840 Pro 512GB Series MZ-7PD512BW
WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Pioneer BD-RW BDR-206D
when needed...
Lite-On LTR-52246S 6S0F (via USB 2.0 to IDE)
Lite-On JLMS XJ-HD166S DS1C (via USB 2.0 to IDE)
NEC 3500AG 2.TC Quiet (via USB 2.0 to IDE)
Lite-On SOHW 1673S JS07 (via USB 2.0 to IDE)

Found a Solution here helpful? Like the forum's?
Well then, what are you waiting for JOIN NOW!!!
xtacydima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007   #13
CD Freaks Member

Ohh..I just love re-activated old threads, can I advertise too ? pls pls pls

Actually there is no need to advertise something else, Tunebite rules them all anyway
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007   #14
MyCE Resident

Kind of throws me off, even a more respectable company when they start to spam

makes me wonder, if they have no ethics, what else I have to watch out for
Attached Images

Old 26-09-2007   #15
MyCE Resident

then even if their program is legitimate and a good deal, it's too late,
Attached Images

Old 26-09-2007   #16
New on Forum

And why would that be too late DaChew?
Old 26-09-2007   #17
MyCE Resident

When I see a pattern of a few members all having few posts that are reccomending a certain family of commercial software in a forum, that prohibits spamming, I presume those members are just here or there to spam. Regardless of the software they reccomend, they have lost credibility. I reccomend ImgBurn and even nero from time to time, I have no financial interest in either program, and I try not to play favorites.

Over at another forum where I moderate we noticed a whole thread turning into an advertisement for certain german software, the posters all had few posts and were almost all from germany. I expect this from a lot of the chinese softare, not germany tho. They may have a good product but they need to show a little more dignity promoting it.

I have a tendency to shoot first and ask questions later with spammers
Old 26-09-2007   #18
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChew
When I see a pattern of a few members all having few posts that are reccomending a certain family of commercial software in a forum, that prohibits spamming, I presume those members are just here or there to spam.
coathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007   #19
New on Forum

Hi,

Well, excuse me, that I don't seem to have more time to post on the forum, to collect the number of posts, that entitle you to speek about a program you like/enjoy without getting in some sort of group of spaming guys.
Also, please accept my appology that I only have a few tools installed on my PC, like Tunebite, Alcohol, Skype and Nero...
Ups, I did it again with that spaming your talking about
I joined this forum only to gain a little more knowledge about PCs and to share my experience about the few programs I use, looks like I was wrong....you have to be some kind of computer freak, with many, many posts in order be "accepted" in a chat and not to be flagged as a spamer
Old 27-09-2007   #20
CD Freaks Member

Maybe we got you all wrong...it's not necessary to have a lot of posts to be accepted in the community and it's also not prohibited to talk about softwares... I debated about Tunebite many many times a year ago and there was no problem with it.

What caught my attention and perhaps the attention of some others here, was the way you wrote it, it really sounded like a promotional text.

Anyway, from my point of view you are clean, now that you explained a bit, but dunno about the other guys.

P.S. "Also, please accept my appology...Ups, I did it again with that spaming" - sarcasm is not the right way, try a sincere apology in the future
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007   #21
New on Forum

I was new on this forum and this thread caught my eye...so I decided to share what I use. Anyway I wonder if I really want to be part of a community that from the beginning welcomes me as a spammer. I don’t have too much spare time to post on forums so if I need any info I think I can ask for it without writing that much, but maybe I am wrong. So I’ll try to stick to my own questions and not answer to anyone else’s. Such a warm welcome!
Old 27-09-2007   #22
MyCE Resident

rightous indignity? I apologize to anyone who is not spamming. Unfortunately this thread fit a certain pattern.
Old 27-09-2007   #23
New on Forum

I‘d like to say that I accept your apologies, but I am afraid that they will call me a spammer again!! Anyway from one joke to another I already have 3 posts, so... soon I will be able to advertise all the things I want and no one will call that spam because I have lots of posts
Old 27-09-2007   #24
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCloud
I was new on this forum and this thread caught my eye...so I decided to share what I use. Anyway I wonder if I really want to be part of a community that from the beginning welcomes me as a spammer. I don’t have too much spare time to post on forums so if I need any info I think I can ask for it without writing that much, but maybe I am wrong. So I’ll try to stick to my own questions and not answer to anyone else’s. Such a warm welcome!
Welcome NoCloud to CDF.

@NoCloud & Fresh_Daisy

Unfortunately numerous members here take it upon themselves to decide that someone is spamming, discussing illegal downloads etc rather than just reporting their suspicions to the Admin staff. This is easily done via Report Bad Post and then a mod will decide whether any action is necessary.

It's perfectly OK to recommend products (free or otherwise) that you use & believe will provide a solution to a members query. I often recommend Acronis & DVDLab Pro as I believe they do a brilliant job for what they cost and I don't ever spam.

So please continue to answer any query that you believe you can help with & ignore such remarks that have been posted so far in this thread.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007   #25
New on Forum

@TimC
Thank you for the warm welcoming! I totally agree with you on the fact that it's ok to recommend or to say the truth about one product that you have tested. In the end it can also be a negative remark not only a positive one.
Thanks again!