Old 16-12-2006   #1
MyCE Rookie

How can you record internet music?

Can anyone tell me how I can record the music that I listen to over the internet. I would like to record it so I can burn it to a cd. I am talking about internet radio that you can listen to for free, not music that you have to download.
firecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006   #2
CD Freaks Junior Member

Re: How can you record internet music?

Quick look on Google reveals a lot of different programs ranging from Free to $49 and up. Audacity is free but cumbersome for some to use.

Radiotracker searches for songs that you want that are playing on the internet, there is a small but growing backlash against radiotracker. Radio Vermont has started banning IP addresses for those using Radiotracker and other streaming programs. (Radio Vermont often plays the old classic William Cooper programs).

Replay radio is fairly simple to use and you can record to MP3, but a little pricey for some. But you can try it before you buy it (with limitations of course).

http://www.applian.com/
8Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006   #3
CD Freaks Junior Member

There are two ways to record programs off the internet.One is to download the stream into a file and then work with that file. This keeps the original quality. The second way is to record the sound from the computer sound card and then turn this audio back into a digital format of your choice. I prefer to download the stream whenever possible. To do this you need to use a download mgr. type program , such as ..
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html
With the download mgr. you have to find the URL of the stream which sometimes is not easy to find. After you have the file downloaded you will need a program to edit the file (pull out songs) as you wish. I use ...http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html for mp3's. Both these programs are free. Maybe this will get you started.Good luck.
Old 16-12-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

If you are unsing WinAmp try using RipCast. For ASX files try asx to mp3.
- 6GB DDR3

My GFX Cards:
- Asus Radeon HD 7790 2GB (Crossfire with same card
)

Click Here To Join ClubCDfreaks
Id33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006   #5
New on Forum

Try Web radio recorder by Magix
philar is offline   Reply With Quote