Old 24-05-2007   #1
New on Forum

Help torrents will not download!

I've tried everything to sort this problem out...everthing. To start with i had XP pro with bitlord, downloaded torrents fine, then moved up to Vista Home prem downloaded torrents fine...until about 2 months or so with vista no torrents download.
It says that the torrrents are seeding and the heath is good ect, but 0% has downloaded.

I thought this might clear after a few days, but no. I tried diging around the forums to see if anyone had the sames problem, followed a 'Vista p2p fix' instruction, which worked for a day then back to the same problem.

After trying everything from firewalls, regedits, port ajustments you name it i've don it, I turned back to XP...and got rid of Vista. After XP was back on...SAME PROBLEM!...

...and so as a last resort i turn to this forum. I have a talk talk modem speedtouch USB ASDL. NVIDIA Nforce motherboard. I'm sorry if i sound dumb about this, but it has driven me almost to the edge, the last thing i want to do is bore other people about it...but i don't know anyother way round it.
foxbat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007   #2
Optical storage technical expert

Re: Help torrents will not download!

Have you tried port forwarding test to see if firewall is blocking it?

Example, utorrent has the test, and it told me the port it was using was blocked. I found that I had to setup port forwarding on my router.

Maybe, it's just a case of your ISP blocking it. Some ISPs are doing this.
Old 24-05-2007   #3
New on Forum

Yes your 100% correct, my ISP (talktalk UK) is blocking me.
Thanks Truman, i know where to fight it now.
foxbat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbat555
Yes your 100% correct, my ISP (talktalk UK) is blocking me.
Thanks Truman, i know where to fight it now.
i'm not sure how your ISP goes about throttling the traffic, but some simply limit bandwidth on the usual bittorrent ports (6881-6889)

you can try to manually set a port outside of that range in whatever program you use.

if they're using some other traffic shaping or limiting method though it might be time for a new isp
Old 25-07-2010   #5

hey, i have the same problem. im kinda clueless about this kind of thing though. how do i change the settings on my isp?
Kinq is offline   Reply With Quote