Old 08-10-2006   #1
CD Freaks Junior Member

Help - Problems With Utorrent - Port Not Open

i use utorrent for things like films, games, etc & just recently formatted my drive & reinstalled windows xp.. i started up utorrent & everything was fine & i was getting speeds of 187KB/S, but now im only getting 12KB/S overall & i have 4 torrents downloading. that works out at 4KB/S as 1 isnt even downloading anymore. in options on utorrent, there is a speed guide for selecting the correct speed & to make sure the port is open & taking connections.. as i said everything was fine, but now the port isnt open anymore, & ive tried different ports, but it keeps saying the port isnt open.. i followed the guide on www.portforward.com about port forwarding, but when i did this utorrent stopped downloading altogether & i recieved an error about an ip conflict with another computer on the network, even though i have telewest broadband.. i have a 4meg connection 7 dont understand this.. does anyone have any idea as to whats wrong? any help or advice is welcome.. thanks its appreciated
neild79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Help - Problems With Utorrent - Port Not Open

Do you have a firewall program installed?
justcallmebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008   #3
New on Forum

hey..

umm im actually having the same problem now..
just i use ZomeAlarm and Utorrent is turst and all just its running by crap speed...
SesshysAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008   #4
Blown to smitherines

Installed any firewalls lately?

Turn on UPNP in utorrent

If you followed a router configuration guide to the letter, you wouldn't EVER get an IP conflict ... you've done something very wrong.

You will be baked ... and there will be cake ... you monster.
Click here to still be alive!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett

Primary PC: 1.4Ghz Quad Core Cortex A9, 2048MB Ram, Mali 400 video, 32GB Primary, 64Gb Secondary, 802.11N 2.4/5Ghz, 1280x800@10.1" with one years supply of Jelly Beans

Secondary PC: i7-Q720@1.6Ghz, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid HDD, Win7 x64 BusPre, Ati HD5470M-1GB, backlit keyboard.

Tertiary PC: Amd Phenom II 945, 4GB DDR2, 120GB Plextor M5S, AMD HD7850(OC) 2GB , Win8 Pro, 24" 1920x1200, cordless keyboard + mouse + gaming mouse.
debro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #5
New on Forum

If you are having trouble downloading...

Check your network connections. If you see an internet gateway icon right click it. Check the display icon when connected box in the bottom left. Then click the properties button in the bottom right. Look for the program you are using to download. If it's not listed you can add it. Click on the program then click edit. Make sure the port that you have forwarded with your router matches that listed here. Then click ok. Now you should be able to download again. Cox recently made changes so you will have to use the internet gateway to connect to the internet. And you will have to configure it to open ports. If you don't see the internet gateway icon in the network connections, try resetting the modem. Watch for it to appear then right click it. I hope this helps people.
omegastar013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #6
Blown to smitherines

Hopefully the O/P has already solved his problem 9 months ago

You will be baked ... and there will be cake ... you monster.
Click here to still be alive!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett

Primary PC: 1.4Ghz Quad Core Cortex A9, 2048MB Ram, Mali 400 video, 32GB Primary, 64Gb Secondary, 802.11N 2.4/5Ghz, 1280x800@10.1" with one years supply of Jelly Beans

Secondary PC: i7-Q720@1.6Ghz, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid HDD, Win7 x64 BusPre, Ati HD5470M-1GB, backlit keyboard.

Tertiary PC: Amd Phenom II 945, 4GB DDR2, 120GB Plextor M5S, AMD HD7850(OC) 2GB , Win8 Pro, 24" 1920x1200, cordless keyboard + mouse + gaming mouse.
debro is offline   Reply With Quote