Old 25-07-2010   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Help! Can't download torrents

Hi, whenever i go to download torrents, every thing looks fine and i get no error msg but it just doesn't download. it just stays at 0%. anyway i think it's my isp but i haven't got a clue how to change the settings. or even where to find my isp.
Kinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010   #2
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,101
Re: Help! Can't download torrents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinq View Post
Hi, whenever i go to download torrents, every thing looks fine and i get no error msg but it just doesn't download. it just stays at 0%. anyway i think it's my isp but i haven't got a clue how to change the settings. or even where to find my isp.
They can and have...so your ISP and your IP address can be found. But further to the point what software are you using and what kinda broadband do you have? Without providing more info then stating general errors doesn't help us know what is going on.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolors View Post
They can and have...so your ISP and your IP address can be found. But further to the point what software are you using and what kinda broadband do you have? Without providing more info then stating general errors doesn't help us know what is going on.
Oh sorry. I have never done this before. I'm running Vista, I've gotten this with Limewire first and then Utorrent, and lets see What kinds of broadband are there? sorry I'm so clueless
Kinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010   #4
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,101
Re: Help! Can't download torrents

Usually when something on torrent stays at 0% means the seeder is no longer seeding or there are no seeders just leechers...so you will either have to find it but other means or wait a long time til someone seeds the files or movies....that is the nature of p2p....
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
What if a torrent had 8 seeders? then what could it be?
Kinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010   #6
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,698
Re: Help! Can't download torrents

Are you using your own connection or one from a university/library or company? Have you ever been able to download a torrent? Do you have any firewall program running?
Whappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Re: Help! Can't download torrents

I'm using a home connection through a wireless router, I didn't used to have any problems with torrents. I have windows firewall turned off. I use norton normally but i tried with that turned off too. also I don't know if this helps but this particular torrent giving me trouble is a lot larger than what i usually download, is there some feature you know of that would block it because of the size?
Kinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010   #8
MyCE Resident
 
Mr. Belvedere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: (╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
Posts: 19,338
Re: Help! Can't download torrents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinq View Post
I'm using a home connection through a wireless router, I didn't used to have any problems with torrents. I have windows firewall turned off. I use norton normally but i tried with that turned off too. also I don't know if this helps but this particular torrent giving me trouble is a lot larger than what i usually download, is there some feature you know of that would block it because of the size?
Your "particular torrent " could be a password protected torrent or otherwise have some special credentials necessary. If an official Ubuntu ISO torrent is working and your "particular torrent" isn't, i highly doubt there is anything wrong with your computer.
__________________
"Use the force Harry!" - Gandalf
Mr. Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010   #9
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Re: Help! Can't download torrents

When you click on a torrent file on a web site, it runs your torrent program, telling it to add that file to its download list. The torrent program is probably in your system tray (by the clock on the bottom right of the desktop).

If there's someone seeding the file, it'll start downloading. If not you'll just have to wait until someone is. (You're downloading files from people running torrent programs, not from a web site.)
mrajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010   #10
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Yeah i understand the concept of file sharing. and it had 8 seeder's when i was downloading it. i just remember reading that something blocks the default router settings or something like that whenever a a file is over a particular size.
Kinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #11
MyCE Resident
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,101
Re: Help! Can't download torrents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinq View Post
Yeah i understand the concept of file sharing. and it had 8 seeder's when i was downloading it. i just remember reading that something blocks the default router settings or something like that whenever a a file is over a particular size.
Are you referring to the program or the firewall?? Since you didn't provide us with what the torrent program your using the help your getting is all general help. Without more specific problem or software getting to a solution will be hard to get...
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #12
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolors View Post
Are you referring to the program or the firewall?? Since you didn't provide us with what the torrent program your using the help your getting is all general help. Without more specific problem or software getting to a solution will be hard to get...
i think i said what i was using in my second post, but i don't mind telling you again. limewire and utorrent, but i think this specific problem is with the firewall or router
Kinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #13
MyCE Member
 
Ayiramala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kerala
Posts: 168
Re: Help! Can't download torrents

Try to find another file, one with more seeders, and try to download it. See if it will work.
Ayiramala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help torrents will not download! foxbat555 Downloading & File Sharing 4 25-07-2010 23:18
Please Help: Torrents wont download anymore?? thehybrid Downloading & File Sharing 5 31-08-2009 15:49
How can I improve my download speeds for bit torrents crizzut Downloading & File Sharing 2 14-06-2009 09:23
How to download using torrents jaffacake2000 Downloading & File Sharing 5 25-08-2005 02:40


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:06.
Top