Old 25-03-2009   #1
New on Forum

downloading embed to mp3 file

Hello I am new to the forum and I need your help. There is a song on a website that does not allow me to download it but it has an embed code for youtube, myspace, facebook, etc. but I want to download it to an mp3 file so that I am able to burn it on a cd for example. How can I do that? I prefer using an online converter if there is one before using programs to convert. Is it possible? Thanks.
wajdi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: downloading embed to mp3 file

Why don't you post the link? Maybe we'll be better able to help.
Whappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009   #3
New on Forum

Here's the link:

http://www.imeem.com/meemz973/music/...haysa-w-dabke/
Old 25-03-2009   #4
MyCE Resident

O.K. I just checked the site. I downloaded the music that is playing using FireFox with Download Helper. The files are FLV. I don't know what browser you are using but after the song you want has finished playing just check your cache folder and copy the file with the .flv extension to you desktop or wherever you want to save it.
Old 25-03-2009   #5
MyCE Resident

If you can play it, then you can use an audio recording/editing app like Audacity, to record it and save as wav or mp3....

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
t0nee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009   #6
New on Forum

Thanks I just added Download Helper to Firefox but I can't figure out how to use it. When I click on it, I get the list but which one is the one I am looking for? Thanks.
Old 27-03-2009   #7
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

First, open the page with the embedded song and wait until it buffers. Then click the arrow beside the download helper logo (but not the animated helper icon itself):

Click the title that appears below it and in the save box specify where to save it. Once saved, open it with your preferred media player (e.g. VLC)
Seán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009   #8
New on Forum

After I download and save it, it doesn't play. It opens with RealPlayer but it doesn't play at all. I don't know what's wrong. Any help? Appreciate the extra assistance.
Old 27-03-2009   #9
MyCE Resident

Does the file you downloaded have the extension .flv? If it does, you need to convert it to mp3. Use this program http://www.formatoz.com/.
Select the audio tab, select All to mp3, then add your file and convert it.
Old 27-03-2009   #10
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Try right-clicking on it and select "Open with... " and choose a different media player (e.g. Winamp if you've it installed).

It's worth installing VLC or Winamp if you don't have either program, as these will both play FLV files.

Edit: Didn't see Whappo's suggestion until after posting this. That's another option.
Seán is offline   Reply With Quote