Old 13-04-2004   #1
New on Forum

Roxio 7 .iso image burn

I am trying to create a CD of Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 from an .iso image using alcohol 120 and can't seem to get it to work. I extracted the .bin file and created an .iso file and burned it to CD, but the install CD gets to a certain point and I get an error that says: Can't find file D:\system32\mfc71.dll". Is there any special settings in Alcohol 120 I should be using to create the CD ?

Thanks !
TBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2004   #2
Retired Administrator & Reviewer

The best thing to do would be to scan the original disc to find out what copy protection is on it.

Then using the pre-made profiles make a new image of the disc in Alcohols native format. Then burn it useing the same profile.
Old 19-04-2007   #3
New on Forum

Re: Roxio 7 .iso image burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble
The best thing to do would be to scan the original disc to find out what copy protection is on it.

Then using the pre-made profiles make a new image of the disc in Alcohols native format. Then burn it useing the same profile.
i have done this but when i create and image of the disc i still get loads of disc read errors, but i have used A-Ray scanner and set the proile to be to corresponding protection (safedisc).... does this mean it wont work? please let me know as iv wasted 2 discs trying to get this to work and i only have one blank disc left lol and cant be arsed to go get more
robo_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007   #4
Legal Senior Admin

Re: Roxio 7 .iso image burn

Read errors are normal for safedisc protected cds. Just be patient and allow the reading process to complete. It will speed up dramatically after the first ~10,500 sectors (usually ~3% of the disc) or thereabouts.