Old 16-09-2009   #301
New on Forum

Re: Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

No chance on alpha settec rom.
But why japans friends can copy alpha settec rom protected cd / dvds from games?
And why we can´t scan the protection on DVD?
Is there a tool to do it?

A good ripper to read the dvd backward ?
Any idea?
switchgott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009   #302
New on Forum

Hello All..

I have had good success copying the Navteq Chrysler/Jeep disk using the CloneCD method with AnyDVD running in the background. In my opinion, and after trying a LOT of different media, the ONLY discs that have been 100% successful have been the Verbatim DL DVD 8X in the jewel cases. The model number of these discs are 95311. If you do a search on Bing for Verbatim 95311 and click shopping, you will find the best price. They will run you about $2.01 per disk including shipping.

I have tried just about every DL disk Verbatim has and it seems that they ALL burn just fine, the issue is that the Nav unit has a hard time reading the disk except for the 95311 discs.

The difference between the OEM discs and "Burnt" coppies lies in the manufacturing process. OEM discs are "Stamped". Burning the disc leaves little indentations in the organic dye.

According to Verbatim, all their DL discs made in Singapore are the same, but I beg to differ. Unless someone comes up with a way for the laser in the burner to burn hotter (if that is even possible) or you have a million dollars to buy a stamping machine, stick with the 95311 discs.

On another note, the new Pioneer BDR-205 12X Blu-Ray Burner has a 450 mW pulsed-operation blu-violet laser, which is significantly stronger than the 200 mW lasers that are commonly used in today’s Blu-ray players. I wonder if this high power laser will burn better discs. What do you think?
Petervann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009   #303
New on Forum

What is the copy protection on Navetec DVD?
Please tell us, same as blaupunkt alpha settec rom?
Old 27-09-2009   #304
New on Forum

There is no copy protection on the Navteq Disc
Petervann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009   #305
New on Forum

How do you know this?
I can´t find on trvelpilot E copy protection too.
No idea how i can make a analyse about it.
Old 28-10-2009   #306

Hi guys
I have been reading this thread with interest as I have a Navteq Jaguar Europe Nav DVD that I wanted to back up.
I successfully backed it up on my old PC (Vista) easily (cant remember how, think it was just copy and paste from one dual layer dvd writer to another) before the PC crashed and I had to buy a new one which ran XP (Sp3) and came with Nero 7.
The copy was damaged shortly (removed it when car was in for warranty work) after so I had to back it up again on the new PC which has 2 DVD DL readers/writers:-
One is an Atapi (Lite On?) DVD A DH20A1P the other is an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200S SCSI
After trying to copy using DVD Decryptor to create an IMG and then burn the IMG with Nero 7 all I got on the burned DVD was 2 files one a huge IMG file which I couldnt open and the other was an MDS file.Dont know what I was doing wrong but I am learning.
6 coasters later and I was about to give up,as a last resort I did this...
Open Nero 7 Burning ROM and select DVD Copy.
Under Copy options select "On The Fly"
The source drive wouldnt allow 'on the fly' for the Atapi DVD DL reader/writer so the Optiarc was used as the source DVD.
Under Read Options I selected 'Data DVD' and 'Reading with error correction'
Under 'Burn' I selected 'Determine Max speed' and 'Write'
The disc copied no problem at 8x and was automatically set to Book Type DVD-Rom.
During the verification the Optiarc could only verify the 1st 50% and then struggled to read any further so I had to abort the verification but the DVD works no problems.
The copied disc is called DVD_1 Copy as I couldnt find a way to add the original title which was 464210-9961 but as said it works.
The discs used (6 coasters and 1 good copy) were Ritec S04 DVD+R DL

I hope this easy method helps someone else who is looking to back up their SatNav DVD.
DickandDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009   #307

thank you all, i've gotten it to work.

I used DVD Decrypter, writing an MDS File from the ISO image and then burning from that MDS File onto Verbatim DVD+R DL Disks using an Optiarc AD 7640S in my Dell Studio 15.

I put in the DVD, the system downloaded new software, and then restarted, and I had POIs GALORE, as opposed to the address bound 2004 version I had, which in the DC area was highly outdated.

Thanks all for your help, I've been using your posts alot and got the job done. Not even one coaster was created in this process.

Best,

Kokowheelman
kokowheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by testerics View Post
If you have the last firmware update on your navigation... say by-by to working copies!
The 2008/2009 discs for this system will only be recognised by the system if an update was performed with an original. With a copy you may be able to perform an update but the system will not recognize the copy dvd to be a valid navigation disc.
As soon as you perform an update the software will check if the DVD is an original PTP DVD. If not, it will not recognize the DVD .
The continued use of copies of the 2007/2008 software is in most cases also blocked depending on the firmware/hardware version of the various navigation units.
So… bad news!

Hello all. I have tried making a copy of my 2010 v4.81 white disk to no succes. I tried to load the original and swap to the backup, still no luck. Has anybody had a succesful backup of a 2008 or newer disk. I think testerics may have found our problem.
focus2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009   #309

philamber; Good evening

I am attempting to creat a copy of my daughters SLNS for her Honda Accord 2004 which although it looks to be in prestine condition continues to prompt an error which says: Check Disk on the car display.

I have follow all of the steps thus far mention in this thread which has been informative. This is waht i have been able to acceratin:

Honda Accord 2004 Sattelite Linked Navigation System v.3.30: H0410A0410VOL13 [ A165DC03 ] size 6.41 gb
  • Right protected check: Used A-Array Scanner v.2.0.2.3
  • Outcome: No Protection Detected
My DVD Unit: Sony Optiarch DVD RW AD-1741s
  • Media Check: DvD Identifier Decipherer v.5.2.0 : Jan 11 2009
  • Outcome: ERROR : Unsupported Medium Detected
I was able to see and copy the files to my Pc Im able to view the jpg file of the map. Do you or anyone in this forum have any idea what maybe causing the non-supported error? in the media identifier? Did i use the wrong software for this check?

I have created a .rar file which i can send to anyone willing to take a look or creat a .iso file for me. I would appreciate any feed back or direction on how to proceed to the burning stage of this mission.

Once again thanks to all in the forum in advance for the help and support.

Ernie
ezz1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #310

Does anyone have links to 05064033AH USA/Canada
Apline REC used in 2006 and up jeep/chrysler
I have the 2006 dvd
Need the latest
simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #311
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplewon View Post
Does anyone have links to 05064033AH USA/Canada
You may have another look into the forum rules
Quote:
Apline REC used in 2006 and up jeep/chrysler
I have the 2006 dvd
Need the latest
Contact your authorized dealer.

Michael
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #312

Looking at your IP these should be your local dealers:
http://www.jeep.com/hostc/fad/findDe...e=&dealerName=

Or have a look here to order online:
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...thAmerica-Site

EDIT: @mciahel, i'm not getting old, was browsing the Jeep site much too long - which actually means i am old
BenQ EW164B(x2), LG GSA-5163D(x2), GH20NS15(x2) & LS15, Optiarc AD-7200S(x4), 7243S, 5280S-CB-PLUS, Pioneer BDR-S08XLT, Plextor PX-755SA, PX-B940SA@Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-B123L, Sony DRU-810A@BenQ DW1640
Terramex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #313

Backed up my Acura 2.05b DVD just fine using the instructions for DVD Decryptor and Nero on a normal 4.7GB single sided Philips DVD. Tried backing up the new 2.70a disc which is now dual-layer. Failed with both TDK and Philips DVD+R DL. Had 4 out of 5 of the Philips discs fail to burn properly. The one that burned and verified fine doesn't work in the DVD-ROM drive. Going to try Verbatim media tomorrow but not holding out huge hopes.
NaviGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009   #314

Went and got Verbatim DVD+R DL 95311. Burned fine with Nero at 4x (lowest option I was given) but it's not working. Put in the original 2.70a disc and did the update and now it won't read my backup 2.05a disc anymore either. Tried copying the 2.70a DVD and burning it with ImgBurn but it didn't work either (set to Book-Type: DVD-ROM in both cases).

Suggestions?
Old 13-12-2009   #315

Only way it worked for me was ON THE FLY as detailed in my post above
DickandDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickandDom View Post
Only way it worked for me was ON THE FLY as detailed in my post above
I don't have 2 DVD drives in this machine right now. May have to pull an old server out of storage and pull a drive out of it to try it that way.
Old 06-02-2010   #317

Backed up My chrysler AI disc with no problem. Made an ISO with Image burn and used verbatim media.
golfman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010   #318

Hi,

I advance my bad english. I`m sorry.

I'm trying advertise it in all forums. I`ve gotten to make work a backup of my original DVD of maps in my MFD2 DVD Navy.

Only modifying the firmware with a simple software that automatically update the firmware in 2-3 seconds.

Who is interested can write me to mitobarrero@gmail.com

Thanks.
mitobarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010   #319

Backuo of Audi 2010 West Europe done here.

XP3, Intel based mobo, and the musthave Pioneer Drive (IDE 112D fw 128 with bitsetting), burned on a verbatim DVD+R DL, speed x4, with ImgBurn !

Made 10 coasters before this last try, same file, same Verbatim DVD, but 2 Samsung, 1 Asus and even a Pioneer DVR S18 drives, plugged Sata on an Amd mobo+ Windows 7.. no succes, and seems at last, that the DVD burner is the only relevant point...
You have to go pioneer...
Found mine for nothing on eBay.
ficanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #320

I have a 2006 Honda Accord and my NAVI disc was ruined by my kids. Is there a way to get a copy of an iso or a backup from someone?
pwjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #321

Easy Success!
I have burned 2 successful copies of 2 different Acura Navi discs without wasting multiple DVD's. After searching numerous blog sites for "How to burn, backup and copy" these types of discs. I've found this site the most useful. HOWEVER, I have followed NONE of the information I have found here and have had instant success!

First, let me begin with my PC. I am using a 2-3 year old HP Pavillion Laptop running Vista with the original DVD multi-recorder drive and the original, Roxio Creator Basic version 9, that came installed in the unit (I made NO changes to the software options for burning).

I have a 2003 TL and it came with the 2.05B version (2002 single layer DVD) black Navi disc. I copied this disc by opening Roxio Creator Basic version 9 > selecting Data > Copy Disc onto a Memorex LightScribe DVD+R. I know Roxio says the Copy Disc is for "non copy-protected media", but it gave not one single error throughout the entire process (guess it's not protected). After the 1st burn completed, I tried it in my car and it worked as if it were an original. I even did a LightSribe image label on the disc and it still works!

Next, I obtained the 2.70A Version (2009 double layer DVD) black Navi disc from a person I just happened to be talking with who had just brought the disc for $200 usd. I didn't have enough time to attempt a DVD burn, besides I didn't have any blanks that could support 6.8GB of data at the time. So I copied the copied & pasted the disc contents onto my external hard drive. Opened Roxio Creator Basic version 9 > selected Data > Data Disc and added only the files & folders I had previously saved and burned it onto a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc from a 5-pack ($17). I tried it in my car......the screen system updated.....the screen blacked out......the disc worked, the first time!! All the updated streets and cities I wanted were there, THE FIRST TIME!!! And it only took about 40 mintues total for both discs! I suggest that everyone try this method. I didn't even try the DVD Decryptor, Nero software and ISO image burning that others advised. And if anyone is having a hard time finding the software, here is a little secret.....try a FedEx Office store. Many of these stores have computers that have this exact software for public usage.
Good Luck everyone.

Last edited by Mecca19; 05-04-2010 at 20:05.
Mecca19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010   #322

I am looking for a copy of the 2.70A Black Honda Nav disc for backup as well. But - I do not have a burner to create one. Anyone who has the disc willing to burn me a copy for a small fee?
jenmehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010   #323

Sorry jenmehl, but you're only allowed to (let someone) make a backup of your own disc.
Obtaining a backup from somebody else's copy is forbidden.
BenQ EW164B(x2), LG GSA-5163D(x2), GH20NS15(x2) & LS15, Optiarc AD-7200S(x4), 7243S, 5280S-CB-PLUS, Pioneer BDR-S08XLT, Plextor PX-755SA, PX-B940SA@Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-B123L, Sony DRU-810A@BenQ DW1640
Terramex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010   #324

Understood completely. I just need to find a way to make a copy then... concerned about scratches on this one.
jenmehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #325

This forum is really good, unfortunately, I havent met with much success yet in making a backup of my Navigation DVD. Here's what I've got-
I have a 2007 Honda Civic and I just purchased the new Navteq Satellite Navigation System DVD, it is set to the US and the disc version is 6.81A. The software version of the navigation unit is 1.91.00. I have a Vostro 1600 laptop with a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T21N ATA dvd burner. I'm using the latest Imgburn software to burn an ISO of the dvd. It creates the ISO with no errors, set to DVD-ROM, and the ISO is about 7.5GB total. I then burn the ISO back onto a blank Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL Recordable DVD. It completes successfully, but when I put the disk in my car's navigation system it comes back with a Problem reading disk error. It works fine with the original disk i purchased. I've also run the A-Ray scanner and no protection was found on the disk. Any suggestions on my next step? Same as most, I purchased a 5 pack of the Verbatim DVD+R DL DVDs and I've already burned through 3 trying previous post suggestions so I'm down to 2 blank media left so I'm hoping for some magic here. Thanks for any suggestions.
kinkazanova is offline   Reply With Quote