Old 03-11-2008   #251
New on Forum

Re: Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

Hello!
How could I write a navi-CD in the cd??
If somebody could tell me than send me an e-mail!
My e-mail is //edited by imkidd57: please use the PM (Personal messaging) service. That way you won't get spammed//

Last edited by imkidd57; 03-11-2008 at 23:45.
McStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #252
New on Forum

Re: Make backup a of your CD/DVD navigation disc

I successfully backed-up my 6.1 GEN-5 Lexus navigation dvd. It works in my 2007 ES350 - flawlessly. Here's how I did it (thanks to Newski's post):

1. Insert DVD, run DVDdecrypter 3.5.4.0
2. Ignore DVDdecrypter error
3. Switch to ISO READ mode on Decrypter by selecting: Mode/ISO/Read.
4. Either select File/decrypt or click on the Disc to Harddrive picture at bottom of screen to begin the reading and writing to your harddrive.
5. Open Nero Burning ROM. Cancel New Compilation dialog (if it popped up).
6. Go to Recorder, Burn Image, select the .iso from Step 4.
7. Burn on Memorex DVD+R DL.
8. Pop in Navi, viola it works instantly.

Now I have a 2006 GX470 too, but it's Gen-4 so it can't read my ES350 Gen-5 DVD - which sucks.

Anyone have a 6.1 or 7.1 Gen-4 DVD? or for that matter, a 7.1 Gen-5 DVD?
znelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #253
New on Forum

Can I get some help with copy of Toyota dvd 2008-2009 Europe map please?
I try imgburn, nero 7, dvd decripter all the programs, but the car is giving me dvd erorr disc.
I change the book type to dvd-rom but still no luck.
Any oder advice for me please?
thank you
constantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008   #254
New on Forum

Hi guys. I have a 2007 Chrysler 300c. I leave in Romania , Europe. I need the last navigation dvd. Do you know where can I find it? That is besides the dealer. It costs about 300 euro.
thaMANro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #255
New on Forum

Hello,

I have read all the posts on this forum and still didn't manage to get a copy of a dvd map.

Here are the facts:

I have a Lexus IS250- 2007 with Gen. 5 navigation. A friend of mine has also the same car and he bought from someone a DVD with Eastern Europe coverage 08-09Ver.1 Russia. The dvd is a backup not the original. Now I tried to clone this dvd but no results. The disc is not protected ( tried all the detectors to find out). It is a Verbatim single layer disc DVD+R. The size of the dvd is 1.39 Gb.
I tried all the methods suggested above but didn't worked. I have a LG burner and swiched the booktype to DVD-ROM, it burns the disc as DVD-ROM , that is what DVD decrypter says- all the parameters of the disc are the same when I compared them - but still when I put the disc into the cars navi it says : unable to read data.
Is it possible that the type of media ( disc manufacturer ) to be the reason?( I didn't tried on Verbatim)
Please any suggestions?
vitally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009   #256
New on Forum

Hallo everybody.
After burning around 10 CDs I have successfully made backup copies of Blaupunkt Teleatlas Spain-Portugal 2008-2009. Someone opened my VW Passat some time ago and the only Navi disc was lost, so I needed backup.

I have read most of the comments of this forum, and the main conclusion is that the type of disc you use is essential to have a good copy.

I used:

1. CLONE CD 5.3.1.3 I made a disc image, using the following profile:

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
RegenerateData=1
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
ReadSpeedData=1
ReadSpeedAudio=4
NoErrorReport=1
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=2
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=1
WriteSpeed=1
[CloneCD DefaultReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
RegenerateData=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=1
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
ReadSpeedData=4
ReadSpeedAudio=4
NoErrorReport=1
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=2
[CloneCD DefaultWritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=2
WriteSpeed=4
[Common]
ImageIndex=0
NoDelete=0
[Caption]
DE=SafeDisc ab 3.*

2. With Daemon 347 you mount the previous disc copy image, all emulations ON.
3. You use again CLONE CD, with the same profile, to make a disc copy. Source disc is the virtual unit (daemon unit), and you make the copy "on the fly".
4. I have used an average CD recorder: LG compact disc recorder (not DVD recorder).

THAT IS ALL, I insist, the type of disc is very important. I burned some VERBATIM and the disc was invalid for the car NAVI system. I have tried some other types, and they all work fine: SONY SUPREMAS, DATAWRITE SILVER SILVER and INTENSO, all CD-R 700, naturally.

I hope this will help people to get valid backup copies. Don't get up, perseverate, it is possible! If I made it, you can make it, my PC runs on Windows 98!!

Good luck!! Adieu.
MOARAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009   #257
New on Forum

Hello everybody, sorry about my english because I am portugueses.
I have a Vw Passat RFD2 DVD GPS, and the software is TeleAtlas Europe 2009 EX.
I don´t no how to make a backup disk.
I already burn more than 10 dvd and nothing is ok.

thanks.
akitoueu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #258

OK. Finally! I've been able to reliably make a back up of a Dodge/Chrysler RB1 05064033AG disc. The key is in the media used. Some work, some don't. Some work better than others.
1) Make or obtain an ISO of the disk. DVD Decrypter works fine. I'm sure the others do also. Set the ISO program to stop on an error. Don't try to fix it, don't ignore it, start over. There is no copy protection or other BS on the disc. There should be no errors.
2) As long as your DVD writer allows the book type to be changed it should work. I've used an older NEC IDE 3500AG drive and a newer Samsung sh-203B SATA drive with identical results. Both have up to date firmware.
3) Use Nero 9, setting the Book Type to DVD rom and burn the ISO. Use verify to confirm a good burn. You don't have to change any of the other default settings.
4) Burn using a Sony or Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4 disc. Memorex and Ritek are a waste of time and money for this purpose. Fuji's may work but they're not consistent. A burned Fuji disc may work today but show a read error tomorrow.
I'm convinced the difference is in the dyes used by the disc manufacturers. The RB1 just can't read some brands due to their reflectivity. If at some time in the future Sony and Verbatim change their dyes, they may not work either. I haven't tried Taiyo Yudens. I know they're cheap, high quality discs but I've been able to get the Sony's for $22 for a ten pack. I'm happy with that.
duckfan5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #259
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitally View Post
Hello,

I have read all the posts on this forum and still didn't manage to get a copy of a dvd map.

Here are the facts:

I have a Lexus IS250- 2007 with Gen. 5 navigation. A friend of mine has also the same car and he bought from someone a DVD with Eastern Europe coverage 08-09Ver.1 Russia. The dvd is a backup not the original. Now I tried to clone this dvd but no results. The disc is not protected ( tried all the detectors to find out). It is a Verbatim single layer disc DVD+R. The size of the dvd is 1.39 Gb.
I tried all the methods suggested above but didn't worked. I have a LG burner and swiched the booktype to DVD-ROM, it burns the disc as DVD-ROM , that is what DVD decrypter says- all the parameters of the disc are the same when I compared them - but still when I put the disc into the cars navi it says : unable to read data.
Is it possible that the type of media ( disc manufacturer ) to be the reason?( I didn't tried on Verbatim)
Please any suggestions?
If you have the last firmware update on your navigation... say by-by to working copies!
The 2008/2009 discs for this system will only be recognised by the system if an update was performed with an original. With a copy you may be able to perform an update but the system will not recognize the copy dvd to be a valid navigation disc.
As soon as you perform an update the software will check if the DVD is an original PTP DVD. If not, it will not recognize the DVD .
The continued use of copies of the 2007/2008 software is in most cases also blocked depending on the firmware/hardware version of the various navigation units.
So… bad news!

Last edited by testerics; 06-02-2009 at 09:59. Reason: extra info
testerics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009   #260
New on Forum

Can someone please help me burn my Acura Navigation DVD. I have been trying for weeks, and haven't been able to get it right!....I am using ImgBurn and Verbatim DL DVD's. Any help with be greatly appreciated!

When I select the ISO file, it redirects automatically and chooses the MDS file. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by kalas; 17-02-2009 at 03:40. Reason: merged posts
hpcomputerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009   #261
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcomputerdude View Post
Can someone please help me burn my Acura Navigation DVD. I have been trying for weeks, and haven't been able to get it right!....I am using ImgBurn and Verbatim DL DVD's. Any help with be greatly appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcomputerdude View Post
When I select the ISO file, it redirects automatically and chooses the MDS file. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Welcome to CDF's:

I don't have a Navi disc to try but when you burn a DL using ImgBurn yes you load the .mds file as that has the layer break info.

What drive brand/model are you using to burn the Verbie DL blank with and what speed are you burning them at? Are your Verbie DL blanks 2.4x or 8x?

Click HERE to join CDFreaks.com

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009   #262
New on Forum

I have an LG burner HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L NC08 (ATA). I just got the 2006 version to work, but for some reason I could not get the 2008 version to work. I'm not really sure what I did different for the 2006 version, but it worked

My DVD's are 2.4x

Last edited by kalas; 17-02-2009 at 05:00. Reason: merged posts
hpcomputerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009   #263
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where

Do you have access to a desktop dual layer burner? Laptop burners are ok but desktop burners seems to be better especially with DL blanks.

Click HERE to join CDFreaks.com

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009   #264
Copy Protection Detective

@ hpcomputerdude

Try to write one post and don't split your info into several posts. When you forgot adding some info you can still edit your post for the time period of 30 minutes so it won't be so complex for other members following your problem and the thread in general. Thanks.

Last edited by kalas; 17-02-2009 at 05:23. Reason: added info
kalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009   #265
New on Forum

I too have tried backing up my orange acura navi dvd. I have tried using a tsst and a liteon burner with both ritek/maxell and verbatim dl disks. I have verified that on both drives the booktype is set to dvd rom. I have tried using imgburn as well as nero. I have about 12 DVD DL coasters! Does anyone have any suggestions?
smurfturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009   #266

You have to have the right equipment... the version I have is GM Part Number 25847541. I have this DVD and was able to make a backup copy that works perfectly!

Basically you have to have a DVD recorder that supports writing the booktype to ROM. If it doesnt then you cant make a backup... I used NERO's free version and it worked the first time on my computer but my laptop didnt work... I did some research on the DVD writers in both computers and it turns out the one in my laptop will not write booktype ROM.

Im sure this is the same with most the NAV DVD's out there.

If you are making coasters its because your writer is not what you need... its as simple as that!

If you need help obtaining a working backup copy of the part number I have you can still PM me! I would like to obtain the latest GM part Number 25956245 Nav DVD. Anyone? Ill back it up for you? I do have the 08 version though if anyone is interested.

Thanks
rhuisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009   #267
New on Forum

excuse me for my English but I don't understand someone to be succeeded in copying the volkswagen dvd rns mfd V4 I have the passat 11/09 I have tried but it doesn't work.

does a guide exist?

thanks boys!
maxstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #268
New on Forum

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, and I'm trying to copy a Teleatlas DX 2008/2009 disc. I've tried using alcohol and clonecd, different profiles, and even different pc's, but I keep getting this message:

Failed to read sector

Is this normal and can I continue to copy? Or is there something I missed?
Renegado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009   #269
New on Forum

DVD RAM Drives wont burn DVD ROM I assume.

I have a 2006 TL and luckily a friend down the street does too. So based on the previous posts (thanks in advance for all the good info), I ripped an ISO of the 2nd most recent dvd update for Acura TL 2006 model year - orange disk 2008 version. I ripped it using DVD Decrypter and the file was about 7gb. I also have a very small msd file.

I have IMG Burn and Nero Trial version 9. Unfortunately my PC only has a cdrw burner, not dvd burner. Have a dvd rom drive but not writeable so onto newegg for a good burner replacement. Anyone have recommendations?

Once i get that put in, I imagine a simple burn of the image to the Verbatim 8gb DVD +R DL will do.

Anyone have success?
laafterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009   #270
New on Forum

Can I skype anyone my iso file who is looking for an acura navi ISO and see if you can rip it - Tried IMG Burn with failure, about to try Nero 9..
Old 26-05-2009   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by laafterhours View Post
Can I skype anyone my iso file who is looking for an acura navi ISO and see if you can rip it
You're not authorized to send copyrighted material to others that way.
So please refrain from such requests.

Which burner have you purchased/used ?
Have you set the booktype for DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM (i'm not saying this guarantees your copy to work) ?
BenQ EW164B(x2), LG GSA-5163D(x2), GH20NS15(x2) & LS15, Optiarc AD-7200S(x4), 7243S, 5280S-CB-PLUS, Pioneer BDR-S08XLT, Plextor PX-755SA, PX-B940SA@Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-B123L, Sony DRU-810A@BenQ DW1640
Terramex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009   #272
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
You're not authorized to send copyrighted material to others that way.
So please refrain from such requests.

Which burner have you purchased/used ?
Have you set the booktype for DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM (i'm not saying this guarantees your copy to work) ?
Just purchased a Plextor Drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827249037

Says its DVD rom and IMG Burn picks it up as DVD Rom but I cant select the drive to change the booktype in IMGBurn so i assume its working correctly.

No worries on the skype - sorry i mentioned it.

I ripped ISO from 3.7 version and have an mds and iso file.
Old 27-05-2009   #273
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by laafterhours View Post
Just purchased a Plextor Drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827249037

Says its DVD rom and IMG Burn picks it up as DVD Rom but I cant select the drive to change the booktype in IMGBurn so i assume its working correctly.

No worries on the skype - sorry i mentioned it.

I ripped ISO from 3.7 version and have an mds and iso file.

I should also add I have Nero v 9 (Trial) and within the options to change the booktype, booktype isnt an option to change. THanks in advance
Old 31-05-2009   #274
New on Forum

rhuisman,
I have an OEM p/n 25956245U Ver. 7.3. I've tried coping by using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4 to make ISO and burning with Nero 7 essentials. Nero automatically set book type to DVD-Rom. The files all show up when I read it from a computer but the DVD still will do nothing in the 2005 Tahoe. Any suggections?

Ron
juron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #275
New on Forum

successful backup of p/n25956245 v7.3
using imageburn, rip @ 2x (bout 90 min).and burn @2x also. Booktype-dvdrom. I made many coasters before deciding to lower the rip speed. Used memorex @ first but had long reading delays. Moved on to Verbatims and now reads quicker.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote