Old 10-03-2006   #1
New on Forum

How to Make a World of Warcraft DVD?

Not sure if this is the right forum -- Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to compile the 4 World of Warcraft Cd's into 1 DVD?
s0me0nesmind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #2
Retired Moderator

Re: How to Make a World of Warcraft DVD?

The name of this forum is "Copy DVD Movie," so probably not the right forum, heh. Moved to a more appropriate forum.

I don't respond to questions through PM that should be asked in the forum
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #3
CD Freaks Member

I guess the best idea is to get a listing of the DVD version and then compare it with the CD one. Basing on this info you should be able to create a DVD, I believe.
Old 10-03-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1
Not sure if this is the right forum -- Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to compile the 4 World of Warcraft Cd's into 1 DVD?
what would be the use of this?
i mean, i don't play WoW, but as it's an online-rpg which is user-account-connected i cannot imagine that you will ever need the discs after having the game installed.
so, trying to make 1 DVD out of the CDs, could take more time than it would take to re-install from CD (if you ever have to...)
Razor1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #5
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1
Copy all Installer Tome 1-4 files to your HDD and burn them. WoW hasn't any protection included
Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3105
DAEMON Tools 4.03
A-Ray Scanner 2.0.2.3
CureROM Pro 1.3.1
CD Freaks Forums
Protected Games List(DAEMON Tools)
NFOrce Entertainment
SecuROM
Starforce
SafeDisk
If you wanna Gmail(2.7GB) account, let me know, and I will give you one.
Gmail POP configuration.
Dr4goNPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #6
New on Forum

I think he wants to make one DVD because then he could add all the updates too (I guess).
WoW is regularly updated and these patches are not really small (300MB,etc.).
maxiepaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #7
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor1982 View Post
what would be the use of this?
i mean, i don't play WoW, but as it's an online-rpg which is user-account-connected i cannot imagine that you will ever need the discs after having the game installed.
so, trying to make 1 DVD out of the CDs, could take more time than it would take to re-install from CD (if you ever have to...)
Actually, there are a multitude of reasons someone may need to re-install WoW. For instance I may have wow installed on my computer at home, but would also like to be able to play at a friend or families house as well.

Often times natural disasters could also require a user to re-install. Examples include power failures leading to wow errors, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, lightning, godzilla, high winds, snow.

Also, related to natural disaster, are unexpected circumstances. A robber may successfully thieve your computer, or he may inadvertently knock the computer over, crashing it to the floor, while he and you battle for victory.

Other concerns include system crashes, viruses, malware, trojans, unexpected conflicts between wow and possibly another program.

Needless to say, there are actually multiple reasons a user may need to re-install WoW. I believe I have experienced 5 of the mentioned scenarios above.

Personally, my reasoning for compiling the 4 cds into 1 dvd also produces advantageous results.

Firstly, I really have had to re-install multiple times, and I must say that it is an arduous install process. On average, I would say the complete installation for the original World of Warcraft is roughly 45-55 minutes (4 cd method). I am not completely sure because I have never formally timed it. Nevertheless, it is not like simply downloading an instant messenger, a random web browser, or an itunes.

You end up having 3 additional prompts. I know many people will choose to surf the web, play other video games, or some other computer related activity during the installation process. However, some people will decide that the precious time during this installation could be diverted to something else (non-computer related).

In conclusion, it really all comes down to a convenience issue. One must also keep in mind the fact that WoW will be releasing content patches as well as full expansion sets, all of which must be installed.

WoW: The Burning Crusade comes standard with 3 cds to install with including another install time of roughly 45 minutes for me. Also, factor in the latest expansion set, and yall probably get the point now.

I was just paroosing around the idea of creating that 1 dvd for each expansion and found this forum. I decided I would register with these forums and make this post to enlighten yall while my wow fully re-installs after a system crash lol. It really isn't a bad idea considering someones frequency of re-installing. Sometimes it relates to performance or technical issues and sometimes it relates to GODZILLLA!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards!
thegreatsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote