Old 10-12-2006   #1
CD Freaks Junior Member

How to bypass DVD codes when trying to make a backup copy?

I am not sure but i have heard that DVD's have some sort of codes and licences that prevent you from making exact copies that caan work. How do you burn your DVDs (for backup) and what software do you use? ( there are many software out there and are confusing).
mrose3211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #2
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Re: How to bypass DVD codes when trying to make a backup copy?

AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 together is one option.....DVDFab Decrypter (or DVDFab Platinum) is another, both of which work for me.

Or, you can try DVD Decrypter, with FixVTS and RipIt4Me, which is a free combination.

All of these should produce a workable backup.

A forum search should pull up some info, if you're interested in any of those programs/combinations.

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #3
CD Freaks Die Hard

I'd agree that the three ripping methods Arachne gave you are the best out there, and possibly the most used and thus the most supported with help by other users on forums such as this. Both DvdFab Decrypter and Ripit4me are free programs. You may find Fab easier to use.
Also, you will need a burner, such as Clonedevd or Nero, neither of which are free.
There are free burners out there such as Imgburn.
jamoskeag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #4
CD Freaks Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne
AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 together is one option.....DVDFab Decrypter (or DVDFab Platinum) is another, both of which work for me.

Or, you can try DVD Decrypter, with FixVTS and RipIt4Me, which is a free combination.

All of these should produce a workable backup.

A forum search should pull up some info, if you're interested in any of those programs/combinations.
Current drives: Samsung SH-S182D (SB02) + Litey SHM-165P6S (MS0P) + Samsung SH-S162L (TS06) + BenQ DW1650 (BCDC) x2 + LG 4163B (A106) + LG 4167B (DL13 TDB) + Litey SHW-1635S (YV6P) x2 + BenQ DW1640@164B (BEFB) + NEC ND-4551 (L&D 1.Z2) + LG GCE-8520B (1.00)
Retired: LiteOn LDW-851@SOHW-832 + LiteOn SOHW-1693S

My spanking new rig

Join us on the CDFreaks Folding@Home Team! Read more here

To become a member of cdfreaks.com just click here to join
i have clone DVD 3 and can i use that to burn DVD from video files that play on any DVD player?
Old 10-12-2006   #5

With the RipIt4Me-FixVTS-Decrypter package, you can use DVD Decrypter to burn, or ImgBurn.

jamoskeag3 is right on the money regarding burning.

Old 10-12-2006   #6
CD Freaks Die Hard

As i understand it, clone dvd is a burner and a compressor, but does not decrypt.
To decrypt, you need a ripper, such as anydvd, dvdfab decrypter, or ripit4me to get encrypted movie to your hard drive as decrypted files..
From there, you can use clone dvd to burn movie from your HD to a DVD disc.

Maybe users of Anydvd and Clone Dvd can help you out more. (Also, i think anydvd rips movies on the fly)
jamoskeag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #7

@mrose3211:

If you're not burning from the original, and have all the files needed (.VOB, .IFO, and .BUP), just open up a DVD-Video compilation in Nero.

You'll be presented with two folders in the left-hand pane: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

Copy all your files into the VIDEO_TS folder, and burn to a DVD.

It works for me when I've backed up to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS on my HDD, and don't want to dig out the original disc again.

The only way that method won't work for you is if you're missing files. In which case you're out of luck unless you dig out your original and grab the missing files from that.

Old 10-12-2006   #8
CD Freaks Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne
@mrose3211:

If you're not burning from the original, and have all the files needed (.VOB, .IFO, and .BUP), just open up a DVD-Video compilation in Nero.

You'll be presented with two folders in the left-hand pane: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

Copy all your files into the VIDEO_TS folder, and burn to a DVD.

It works for me when I've backed up to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS on my HDD, and don't want to dig out the original disc again.

The only way that method won't work for you is if you're missing files. In which case you're out of luck unless you dig out your original and grab the missing files from that.
Thanks for the help, i will try the softwares and give it another try.
Old 19-12-2006   #9
New on Forum

If I am backing up the original, I use and have used for the last few years Anydvd (to remove the protection) and to burn the DVD I use Clone DVD, and you will be hard pushed to see any difference in quality from the original. Both of the mentioned programs have served me very well and IMO you will struggle to find anything better.
Fatboy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006   #10
CE Freak

I really like DVDFab Decrypter (FREE) and the RipIt4Me / DVD Decrypter / FixVTS combo (also all FREE). I prefer both of those solutions over AnyDVD, and I prefer DVD Shrink (also FREE) over Clone DVD for post-rip processing.

I rip to the hard drive to remove protection, then open the thing up in DVD Shrink to tweak and export to either an ISO or VIDEO_TS folder so I can burn to DVD with Nero or ImgBurn (also FREE).

As you can see, there are some great FREE tools out there. You can do it all without spending a dime on software if you want.

Good luck.
BeardedKirklander is offline   Reply With Quote