Old 14-01-2005   #1
New on Forum

AUDIO CD NOT DETECTED.. Please help!

I recently purchased a copy of 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd. It's a double CD set and I want to save the tracks as wave files on my hard drive and then make a single CD compilation (with Nero) to listen to in my car and for back-up purposes.

However, when I insert the CD into my DVD-Rom drive (it's an NEC DVD-RW+ 1100A), neither of the 2 discs are detected. I'm guessing this is the result of copy-protection?? This CD set was released in 1994 by EMI Canada.. I read on the Net that EMI copy-protects many of their music products.. but I had no idea that they were doing this way back in 1994.. the CD has no mention of any copy-protection.

Anyway, my question is does anyone know how to bypass this so that Windows XP detects the CD?
Alx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005   #2
New on Forum

Re: AUDIO CD NOT DETECTED.. Please help!

You mean the orginal CD's will not get recognised in the drive? Does the drive read other orignal audio CD's fine? I havn't heard of an orignal just not being read by a drive unless the audio disc itself is bad. If the drive reads another audio CD fine then try to put these CD's in another CDROM or even a CD player just to make sure that the discs are good
Viperkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005   #3
New on Forum

Yes the Pink Floyd CD's are not recognized by my DVD-Rom drive (I don't see the tracks when I click on the D: in Windows Explorer drive and Nero says 'There is no CD in the drive'). I tried the CD's on my stereo system and car CD player and they played perfectly.

I think my DVD drive is working fine because I inserted several other audio CD's and they were all recognised and were able to play.
Alx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #4
New on Forum

exactly the same problem with E.Truffaz's "bending new corners album"!

my drive won t detect it.
released in 1999 but brand new.
no copy control logo on it but i suspect some kind of protection here (as it is distributed by emi).
is there any way around?

stef
steflad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005   #5
New on Forum

See here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=125591

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - Linus Torvalds
direwulf is offline   Reply With Quote