Old 16-03-2010   #1
MyCE Junior Member

Speakers play music fine, but no sound from playing videos!

Hello,
I'm a little perplexed here. I use Winamp to playback my Mp3 music. When I go to my local online newspaper to view sports or news videos, I don't hear a thing, I only see video.
I also have an .avi file that I compressed to be small enough to send thru e-mail, which was a .wmv file. When I sent to friends, they can see and HEAR it,but when I try to play it back for myself, I see it, but can't hear it...keep in mind that my speakers work with music, or a few other videos. I went to adobe to update the Flash file, thinking that is the problem, but no.

I posted a video on my facebook page. I can see the video,but no sound on my end. Other people have commented on how good it sounds...They can hear it, but not me..........WHAT?

What do you think is the problem? Realtek HD Audio is my onboard sound. Thanks
rivrbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Speakers play music fine, but no sound from playing videos!

You need to have codecs (player) or add-ons (browser) installed to hear the sound too.

Also check the audio setup in the control panel.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010   #3
MyCE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrbyte View Post
Hello,
I'm a little perplexed here. I use Winamp to playback my Mp3 music. When I go to my local online newspaper to view sports or news videos, I don't hear a thing, I only see video.
I also have an .avi file that I compressed to be small enough to send thru e-mail, which was a .wmv file. When I sent to friends, they can see and HEAR it,but when I try to play it back for myself, I see it, but can't hear it...keep in mind that my speakers work with music, or a few other videos. I went to adobe to update the Flash file, thinking that is the problem, but no.

I posted a video on my facebook page. I can see the video,but no sound on my end. Other people have commented on how good it sounds...They can hear it, but not me..........WHAT?

What do you think is the problem? Realtek HD Audio is my onboard sound. Thanks

Hi, and thanks!
I Do reboot and check it out each time. All my file types (all selected) are enabled in Winamp and I do believe I have the free updated latest version of 5.572.

WinXP SP2-32 Bit / MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR memory/Intel Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with 512MB/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/ Realtek HD Audio Output (No Problems found) / DirectX v.90c/NERO 9/Winamp 5.572.

I also doubt that buying the $20.00 Winamp version will make any difference,because I am able to hear other videos.

Here's an example. I get the video, but no sound.

http://www.ocregister.com/video/?vid...pId=1127690720
Old 16-03-2010   #4
MyCE Resident

update to the latest adobe flash Here, hopefully that will do the trick.
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010   #5
MyCE Junior Member

Thanks, I did the update again and still no sound from videos.
Old 17-03-2010   #6
MyCE Resident

This is definitely a codec issue and I don't know the easy way to fix it. You can also try installing a codec pack like ffdshow or some other 'mega codec pack'. Is it time for a fresh OS install
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010   #7
MyCE Junior Member

Thanks and sorry for wasting your time, and everyone Else's.

Here's the thing. I went to Sound and Audio Devices in control panel, but failed to go into my REALTEK HD AUDIO SOUND EFFECT MANAGER, where I discovered that under the I/O inputs, the LINE-OUT was not on, instead it was on the Rear speaker out, or some other input. But still, the music came out of the speakers, and not with the video… DOH! I love it when a plan comes together!
It works now.
Old 18-03-2010   #8
MyCE Resident

oh, you've just started a The A-Team vs. Magnum, p.i. war!

Just kiddin'. I Love the A-Team as well...