Old 08-01-2010   #1

RESETTING CANON PIXMA MP250

HI
Im sitting with a huge problem. i refilled my CANON PIXMA MP250 color and black cartriges. i was advised to download MPtool to reset the ink levels. Did that followed the instructions but had no success with it. my printer now tells me my ink is finished. im in serious need of a reset. please can anyone help me with a answer that works. i know that the cartriges can be refilled and reset but how is my question. thanks in advance for any help.
MAXSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010   #2

[/QUOTE]

OK ppl i found the answer to my own problem. i love my canon MP250 printer. ink levels gets released if you do this. once your ink level runs out and you get the warning that ink is empty. and your only option is to cancel printing. do this: hold down your reset button for 5 or more seconds. this will releas your pc from detectiong ink levels for that cartrige. same works for black and color cartrige. you wont get any ink levels but hey you can refill the cartriges and print. just watch your print outs for ink thats getting finished. and thats it. if you read your warning message that your PC gives you for a empty cartrige it actually explains what i just said. if any one knows how to reset the software to show you how much ink is in the refilled cartrige. please let me know. JUST BY THE WAY MPTOOL DOES NOT WORK FOR CANON MP250. SO DONT WAIST YOUR TIME DOWNLOADING THAT SOFTWARE. please give me feed back to my answer.
MAXSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010   #3

hey man.... I'm from Curanilahue, CHILE and your aswer was correct...I did it and it worked right away.

thanks a lot man...

take care.

greetings from CHILE.
phenous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #4

Re: RESETTING CANON PIXMA MP250

I did that but still have a message: "ink is running low" When I press a stop/reset buton it says" "print job has been cancelled by the operator" What am I doing wrong?
thanks
Greg1
Greg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010   #5

Hi !
... I'm from Romania/Cluj Napoca, and your aswer was GOOOD !!!!
I LOVE YOU!

HAVE A NICE LIFE MAXSTAR !
shebishtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXSTAR View Post
HI
Im sitting with a huge problem. i refilled my CANON PIXMA MP250 color and black cartriges. i was advised to download MPtool to reset the ink levels. Did that followed the instructions but had no success with it. my printer now tells me my ink is finished. im in serious need of a reset. please can anyone help me with a answer that works. i know that the cartriges can be refilled and reset but how is my question. thanks in advance for any help.
Man, You are genius! Such a simple and really saving nerves solution!
Thank You Thank You Thank You
ElinaGor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebishtian View Post
Hi !
... I'm from Romania/Cluj Napoca, and your aswer was GOOOD !!!!
I LOVE YOU!

HAVE A NICE LIFE MAXSTAR !
te rog spune si mie cum ai facut ca si eu am o imprimanta la fel si nu ii dau de cap. daca poti trimite-mi prin email nr tau de telefon si te sun eu. am nevoie urgent de ea

Last edited by eric93se; 31-07-2011 at 00:19. Reason: removed email
sergiuandrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #8

OK ppl i found the answer to my own problem. i love my canon MP250 printer. ink levels gets released if you do this. once your ink level runs out and you get the warning that ink is empty. and your only option is to cancel printing. do this: hold down your reset button for 5 or more seconds. this will releas your pc from detectiong ink levels for that cartrige. same works for black and color cartrige. you wont get any ink levels but hey you can refill the cartriges and print. just watch your print outs for ink thats getting finished. and thats it. if you read your warning message that your PC gives you for a empty cartrige it actually explains what i just said. if any one knows how to reset the software to show you how much ink is in the refilled cartrige. please let me know. JUST BY THE WAY MPTOOL DOES NOT WORK FOR CANON MP250. SO DONT WAIST YOUR TIME DOWNLOADING THAT SOFTWARE. please give me feed back to my answer.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
lecsiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011   #9

Canon PIXMA (go to Canon's site) Photo All-In-One printer driver & software download. good luck

Last edited by eric93se; 31-07-2011 at 00:20. Reason: Removed URL
Aserxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011   #10

thanks a lot from Brazil. I thought my printer was rubbish now it works after I refilled the black cartidge. no more flashing "E" on display.
msmotas is offline   Reply With Quote