2 gigs of OCZ daul channel ram
520 watt power supply
ATI All in Wonder 256mb PCI-E
Ltieon 16x Dvd Burner
LG Dvd Rom
Seagate 320 gig SATA Hard Drive
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo e6600 processer
Windows Xp Pro

Just put together my dream machine or so I thought from the above list.
After I install the video card drivers it reboots and when I click anything after that it just reboots over and over. I have downloaded all the updates for windows. Thought the driver cd was bad, so I download the drivers from ATI's website still the same problem. Formatted drive 4 times with KillDisk, please help I am at my wits end.

Thanks for all your help
dabull101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Keeps rebooting after I install video card driver

Well, I don't think it's a driver issue. The newest release (4-18-07) is working fine for me at least. What power supply do you have? Did you properly apply thermal paste for the processor/heatsink? Have you ran a memory test such as memtest?
I love life...Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness.

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.

The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless when in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for the want of an understanding ear. - Stephen King, intro to "The Body."
jhtalisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007   #3
CD Freaks Fartman

Go into control panel>system> Advanced tab> Start up and recovery settings, In the system failure section uncheck "Automatically restart". If it is a driver issue a message with a row of numbers and letters (eg. 0x0000006)will come up on the BSOD, write these number/letter combinations down. Then you can head to google or microsoft put those in and see what they mean.

Join Us! Here at cdfreaks
"Space. . . It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."

Chat Quotes
[4:44pm] * @taHkroW dubs SK the best king of the world.
DO NOT message me asking about diablo 2 .mpq files you will not get a response.
slayerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007   #4
CD Freaks Senior Member

Update mother board bios. A new catalyst driver has been launched today . Try it
Benq DW1640
LG H22L
Andrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007   #5
CE Freak

The All-In-Wonder driver package is a nightmare for any PC. Did you install ATI's MMC? Keep it simple and do the graphics driver only to start with.
Cressida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007   #6
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cressida
The All-In-Wonder driver package is a nightmare for any PC. Did you install ATI's MMC? Keep it simple and do the graphics driver only to start with.
Completely agree with that - I only install the driver anyway with my ATi VGA.

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007   #7
Retired Moderator & Reviewer

ATI drivers require Net frame work for the catalyst and there is a big warning on that site, if you don't have it installed it causes all kinds of issues. If you already have Net framework installed then please disregard.
EDIT: Whoops. I see you downloaded all the windows updates. Hopefully you included Net framework.
Is your Bios Set to PCI-E/PCI?
Click here to join Myce.com

Last edited by crossg; 20-04-2007 at 01:24.
crossg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007   #8
CD Freaks Rookie

I have an Acepower power supply, and I did install all net frame updates. I did install the video drivers only same problem. Thanks for all help guys
Old 20-04-2007   #9
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Only thing I can think of, that I did when I had trouble with a particular set of Catalyst drivers, was to uninstall them and go back to the last version I knew worked, until there was another Catalyst update.

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007   #10
New on Forum

I don't suppose you know anyone with a known working ATI PCI-E card you could borrow? That would at least narrow it down a bit.

I had a card that was bad, it would work with MS drivers but would lock up the computer the moment I installed the drivers. Went through all the same stuff you did, reformatting, trying a million different drivers, ect. Had to RMA.
skeen5675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #11
CD Freaks Rookie

I got a bad card right out of the box. Great quality control from ATI. Passed on a new AIW card, and picked up an Nvida geforce 7300 gt 512 mb. Works like a charm!!!
Thanks Again guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!