Old 08-08-2008   #1
New on Forum

HP PSC 2110v printer will not print black. I tried everything

I have a HP PSC 2110v printer and I have a 2 new HP 58 photo ink cartridges. When I print, it come out with a pinkish color to everything and the black ink does not print. I also have a HP PSC 1510 printer and the same thing happens to that one. I use the same computer and a laptop on both printers. I have removed and reinstalled all the drivers/software. I did all the toolbox maintence/cleaned everything and still it has a pinkish color to everything. Does anyone know what might be the problem? I will respond fast because I can get the message on my phone and respond.
mad55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #2
Batchshrink Author

Re: HP PSC 2110v printer will not print black. I tried everything

I don't have experience of these particular models, but have had various inkjet printers over the years. Sometimes I've had to run the nozzle cleaning routine 5 or 6 times to get normal printing. What results do you get if you run the nozzle check routine?

Sláinte

midders
"Some people bring happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go" - Oscar Wilde
midders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #3
New on Forum

I have cleaned it over 15 times and still the same pinkish color. It has been like this for the past 2 weeks and it has been driving me crazy!!! I already bought a new printer but it's still coming in the mail. Should I just keep trying to clean the nozzle? I have not did it 5 times in a row.
Old 08-08-2008   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad55555 View Post
I have a HP PSC 2110v printer and I have a 2 new HP 58 photo ink cartridges. When I print, it come out with a pinkish color to everything and the black ink does not print. I also have a HP PSC 1510 printer and the same thing happens to that one. I use the same computer and a laptop on both printers. I have removed and reinstalled all the drivers/software. I did all the toolbox maintence/cleaned everything and still it has a pinkish color to everything. Does anyone know what might be the problem? I will respond fast because I can get the message on my phone and respond.
If you are trying to use the same carts in two different printers with the same results, then the problem is likely with the carts.

HP 56, 57, 58 cartridge family is complex with the printhead on the cart as opposed to inside the printer.
Are you using refilled carts ?
jflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #5
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
If you are trying to use the same carts in two different printers with the same results, then the problem is likely with the carts.

HP 56, 57, 58 cartridge family is complex with the printhead on the cart as opposed to inside the printer.
Are you using refilled carts ?
No, I bought 2 brand new HP 58 print carts for the 2110v and one new HP99 for the 1510 both are photo ink carts.
Old 08-08-2008   #6
MyCE Resident

This is very odd to have two printers failing with new, genuine carts.
It's possible to receive one bad, genuine cartridge but not three.

Make sure that the carts are venting properly, IOW, make sure that any wrappings that need to be removed, have been removed from the cart(s).

To test whether or not the printhead is clear try this :
Take a paper towel and fold it into quarters.
Thoroughly moisten the PT with water...distilled if you have it (tap is OK).
Take one of the carts and gently blot it onto the PT.
You should see a black mark on the PT with light pressure.
jflan is offline   Reply With Quote