Old 16-01-2009   #1
New on Forum

how do i transfer pc games to flash drive

trying to use flash drive, had the same problem, windows not recognizing, did the manage disk, assign letter and all that jazz,

But how do i transfer pc games to flash frive?
FeliciaZummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: how do i transfer pc games to flash drive

Short answer long...currently you can't copy pc games to flash or another media as there are to many types of copy protection built into the media or the software itself. Thus preventing you from making a copy or backing up the games media itself. This is what software manufacture call copyright protection in their terms. This is for major games not sharware games though my response is to popular and well known brand names software developers.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009   #3
New on Forum

thanks coolcolors.
My 13 yr old son wanted me to put games on his school laptop, his friend said he has done it, so my son is expecting me to know how.

Any games that arent copyrighted i can put on his laptop?

thx
felicia

ps. i tried two older pc games, trophy hunter, etc.
FeliciaZummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009   #4
MyCE Resident

So your saying the laptop doesn't have a CD player? You can get a cd player that is external and plugs into the laptop via USB.
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009   #5
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric93se View Post
So your saying the laptop doesn't have a CD player? You can get a cd player that is external and plugs into the laptop via USB.
I bought several iomega external 650 zip cd writers on e bay and use them on computers running win98 up to win xp. For win 98 make sure seller has the usb updater disc that came with the drive. Most I paid for any of these drives was $15 + shipping. They all-3, still work fine with every burninig program I've used.
aryeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009   #6
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliciaZummer View Post
thanks coolcolors.
My 13 yr old son wanted me to put games on his school laptop, his friend said he has done it, so my son is expecting me to know how.

Any games that arent copyrighted i can put on his laptop?

thx
felicia

ps. i tried two older pc games, trophy hunter, etc.
Is the laptop his or the School laptop? Also can you tell use the make and model that might help us find a solution to your problem. As before I didn't know it was a laptop since I didn't ask that first. As for shareware is what it mean shareware to use freely as long as you don't change or modify it and claim it as your own and or get his/her consent if you changed it from original and said it was yours. But usually the shareware author will inform the user of their policy. Well if those games you currently have installed from a cd/dvd I assuming right now exist on the laptop any games should be able to install without problem the problem only comes from games that install and require you to have the cd in the drive to play. Those games requiring the cd in the drive are good and bad in that you need to carry the original with you to play them. As I mentioned just now there are some games the need the cd to play them and some that don't and sometimes the requirements on the game software box says it or don't so you won't know all the time or they don't tell you all the time til after you installed the game. So if you going to install a game or buy one for the laptop read the requirements and see if they mentioned having the cd in the drive to play or not but like I just said it doesn't tell you til after in installed the game as well.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote