Old 17-01-2005   #1
New on Forum

How Do I Remove ALL Virtual CD/DVD Devices?

Hi There! I have an annoying problem with virtual CD/DVD Devices.

A couple of months ago I tried out several burning programs (Alcohol 120, Clone CD and Blindwrite). I have Softdisc/Daemon Tools as well but wish to keep as is definitely the best.

The problem is that after uninstaling the main programs I am left with 3 virtual drives that i dont want or need.

Have tried to remove from device manager but come back after reboot (turned off the softdisc one first). Removed both the drives and the scsi devices and even tried to delete in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi)
and still persists in coming back.

The only other alternative is to re-install all the apps and turn off the virtual device before un-installing again. But as I stupidly decided that "she'll be right" when un-installed, i left them. But now as my machine gets more and more apps on it I am trying to "clean up" for faster operation (system, incedently, is a pathetic Celeron 500 with 256 Meg RAM . 120 Gig drive though). And I nearly always change the installation directory so if i don't install to same directories as before it might cause more headaches

To cut to the chase is there ANY way to remove without the hassel of re-insalling the apps?

Any ideas on the matter would be much appreciated

Cheers in advance
Dodgey Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: How Do I Remove ALL Virtual CD/DVD Devices?

It would have probably taken you the same amount of time to install daemon tools and unmount the drives as it would to have written out that post!

BenQ 1655 BCIB
BenQ 1640 BSRB
Philips SPD2400 @ LiteOn SHW-1635S YS0Z FBD
Philips 1640P @ BenQ 1620 B7W9 x3 DEAD
Pioneer DVR-109 8.57
Pioneer DVR-108 @ Piodata DVR-108DX 1.18
LiteOn LDW-851S @ SOHW-832S CG5J
Aopen 1648/AAP Pro 1.04
LiteOn SOHR-5238S 4S09
LiteOn LTR-52246S 6S0F

Click here to join cdfreaks.com
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005   #3
New on Forum

Daemon tools does not recognise the other virtual devices, so I can't use that to shut them off! D-tools is only one I have kept. But only uses/sees the ones created with it. I just don't want to install all the other progs ( Alcohol, Clone and Blind) just to get rid of virtual devices!
Old 17-01-2005   #4
Retired Moderator

Have you looked in "Ad-Remove Programs"?
Have you consulted the support docs of the programs you installed?
rdgrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005   #5
New on Forum

Always look in Add/Remove first. Nothing there.

Good suggestion to look through software docs gonna have a look tonight and see if they can help, but really think their gonna be in the "while the progam is installed" frame of mind. Thanks
And yes everyone I know that by now I could have re-installed them all and taken them off again, but it would still be nice to know if there is a way to do it another way thats all!
Old 11-05-2009   #6
New on Forum

[QUOTE=Dodgey Wombat;826566]Hi There! I have an annoying problem with virtual CD/DVD Devices.

A couple of months ago I tried out several burning programs (Alcohol 120, Clone CD and Blindwrite). I have Softdisc/Daemon Tools as well but wish to keep as is definitely the best.

The problem is that after uninstaling the main programs I am left with 3 virtual drives that i dont want or need.

Have tried to remove from device manager but come back after reboot (turned off the softdisc one first). Removed both the drives and the scsi devices and even tried to delete in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi)
and still persists in coming back.

The only other alternative is to re-install all the apps and turn off the virtual device before un-installing again. But as I stupidly decided that "she'll be right" when un-installed, i left them. But now as my machine gets more and more apps on it I am trying to "clean up" for faster operation (system, incedently, is a pathetic Celeron 500 with 256 Meg RAM . 120 Gig drive though). And I nearly always change the installation directory so if i don't install to same directories as before it might cause more headaches

To cut to the chase is there ANY way to remove without the hassel of re-insalling the apps?

Any ideas on the matter would be much appreciated

IT KEPT HAPPENING TO ME TO.
WHEN YOU GO INTO DEVICE MANAGER AND UNINSTALL THE VIRTUAL DEVICE DO YOU THEN GO TO STORAGE CONTROLLERS (ALSO IN DEVICE MANAGER) AND UNINSTALL THE VIRTUAL DRIVER?
IT WORKED FOR ME.
HOPE THIS HELPS. IM FAIRLY NEW TO ALL THIS BUT IT DEFINATELY WORKED FOR ME.
JONNY COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012   #7

it may good for you to follow that

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/passport-vcd.html
abohashem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012   #8

thanks for the link.
kermbey is offline   Reply With Quote