Old 25-10-2006   #1
New on Forum

Having Problem with my sony dvd dw rw

Hellow any body please help me:

I am having a problem with my "SONY DVD RW DW-G120A".
It was decting in BIOS but can't find in windows.
I found the followinf message when I tried to search for the trouble.

""
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

""
I think Operating system has to be formatted because The regestry key may be damaged. But I am Installed A big stuff in my PC. Now I dont like to format and install all the stuff.

Please tell me how to recover the registry key of else to made it detectable in Operaing system. Problem is only in operating system registry. not in Bios.
I dont have any divers (not provided by the vender). Device manager window a "?" mark is placed on the cdrom and if we try to install the device it asks for drivers . Tell me Please How can i overide this problem or where to get these drivers.

Don't tell me to format my Pc. I am tired of it .

some more details

""
SONY DVD RW DW-G120A

Device type DVD/CD-Rom drivers
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Location Location 1 (1)

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

driver

Provider : Microsoft
Driver Date : 7/1/2001
Driver Verson : 5.1.2535.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

""
Chiranjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Having Problem with my sony dvd dw rw

Optical drives do not need a specific driver. If you don't know what you're doing,then the best course of action is to format the HDD and clean install windows. DO NOT tweak windows! DO NOT install junk software in the PC.
furballi is offline   Reply With Quote