Old 29-03-2002   #1
CD Freaks Junior Member

CPU Overclocking SOFTWARE

Overclocking software - (removed)
Can someone please tell me a good cpu overclocking software to overclock my AMD processor? The overclocking software should auto detect the mobo and should be working with (almost) every mobo.
Thank you

Last edited by mciahel; 20-04-2011 at 23:13. Reason: Ad-Server link removed
GrefdigGloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2002   #2
MyCE Resident

Perhaps here .

Though it's software you're typing about , i won't move this thread since it considers hardware , but it's on the edge
Old 29-03-2002   #3
CD Freaks Senior Member

You don't use software to oc AMD cpus. You bump up the FSB speed , the CPU clock or the multiplier. You do this with mobo bios settings or mobo jumpers/switches typically.

I have a couple K6 systems all running with about a 100 MHz oc, both done by changing the CPU clock via mobo switches. I'm OC-ing my AthlonXP by upping the mobo FSB speed by a BIOS setting.

There's forums that deal specifically with this stuff like hardocp, amdzone, amdmb, socketa.com, etc.....
Tremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2002   #4
MyCE Resident

In a way you can trigger some hardware components with software , so overlocking could be done with software.

Compare it with Nvidia GPU's and overclocking tools to make the trigger in the GPU to process things on different frequencies or wider bandwith.

But usually it's done via jumpers or on a setup/bios screen.. Which in a way is software as well.

But as i've already typed .. it's on the edge ..
Old 30-03-2002   #5
CD Freaks Member

Personally I'm not agree with soft OC,for it can result you system into an unstable status,and nowadays,boards are just so "humane"that you can do an easy oc within the BIOS Options,so why don't you get yourself a try ocing by BIOS rather than by software?
Old 31-03-2002   #6
CD Freaks Junior Member

Thank you all.
I now that overclocking can be done in the Bios, but I think a Windows Software is much more comfortable than always restarting and so on. I have allready overcklocked my friends AMD Athlon 1200mhz to 1380mhz in the Bios. Its only a little bit warmer now but there is a good cooler master fan on his cpu so the temperature is only about 35 c /90 f .
By the way which temperature is the beginning of danger for a cpu ? I think 60 c is this true ?
Gräfdig Gloner
GrefdigGloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2002   #7
CD Freaks Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GrefdigGloner
Thank you all.
I now that overclocking can be done in the Bios, but I think a Windows Software is much more comfortable than always restarting and so on. I have allready overcklocked my friends AMD Athlon 1200mhz to 1380mhz in the Bios. Its only a little bit warmer now but there is a good cooler master fan on his cpu so the temperature is only about 35 c /90 f .
By the way which temperature is the beginning of danger for a cpu ? I think 60 c is this true ?
Gräfdig Gloner
Absolutely.
I mean,hardware oc is more safe than soft oc,and more stable.
Old 17-06-2008   #8
New on Forum

Re: CPU Overclocking SOFTWARE

How can i overclock my AMD 4200 athlon 64 x2 dualcore ? Is on a MSI mobo. If you know, can you let me know ? Oh, and can i have a detailed explation (step by step) ? Thanks
airways92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008   #9
MyCE Resident

If you want to do it right, follow a guide such as this:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

Can you list exactly what model MSI mobo you have? If it has voltage options for the CPU and memory you should be able to get quite a bit more juice out of it. That is if your PSU is up to the task, what make model is your PSU?

http://stats.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=adict2jane
adict2jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008   #10
New on Forum

Ok, thanks, ill have a look and ill tell you if it worked or not... I have a MSI K9N SLi, and my PSU is 550W, with 120mm Fan
airways92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009   #11

If you use AMD CPU, just go to AMD website and download AMD Overdrive and install and start over clocking your System.
TiTrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009   #12
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTrex View Post
If you use AMD CPU, just go to AMD website and download AMD Overdrive and install and start over clocking your System.
If you haven't notice it is over a year old and plus that software works on the AMD chipset not the CPU. So it be be advised before sayings it's CPU you should download it yourself and test it. That software is for the 7 series AMD chipset not for CPU oc. How you got that info wrong and didn't check it yourself before posting makes for confusing others and misleading.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #13

My brother just bought a brand new PC with AMD CPU and Windows 7 pre-installed. He said to me: if you are looking for the best cpu overclocking software, you should definitely try AMD Overdrive - it's very easy for novice users. Check it out here: AMD Overdrive cpu overclocking software. Hope this helps!

Last edited by mciahel; 20-04-2011 at 23:21. Reason: repaired link
c4m3r4 is offline   Reply With Quote