Old 05-10-2007   #1
New on Forum

Computer won't recognize DVD drive

I've followed lots of tips from this forum in the past but now it's time to post mine...

I have a problem with my DVD drive not being recognized - not by software, not in "My Computer", not even in the Device Manager! It happened once before but started working again spontaneously. This one's lasting longer though.

The common theme is that both times it happened after I used DVD Decrypter, so I'm pretty sure that is the problem and not a loose connection or something hardware-related.

I've tried some of the registry solutions I've found in here or elsewhere but none have worked. I've also tried deleting the IDE Channels from the Device Manager and using System Restore.

I'm using XP SP2 on a HP Pavilion laptop.

Thanks in advance!
jj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #2
New on Forum

Re: Computer won't recognize DVD drive

I have the same problem. I have a Sony DRU-820A and it won't recognize or play rental DVD movies. I put the disc in and the drive grunts a little and nothing happens. If I go to My Computer or Nero Showtime, it just says "drive not ready" or "drive empty" or "insert disc". It will play any DVD that I own or have burned. Any advice very much appreciated. Thank you.
cloudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #3
MyCE Resident

Re: Computer won't recognize DVD drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj44
I've followed lots of tips from this forum in the past but now it's time to post mine...

I have a problem with my DVD drive not being recognized - not by software, not in "My Computer", not even in the Device Manager! It happened once before but started working again spontaneously. This one's lasting longer though.

The common theme is that both times it happened after I used DVD Decrypter, so I'm pretty sure that is the problem and not a loose connection or something hardware-related.

I've tried some of the registry solutions I've found in here or elsewhere but none have worked. I've also tried deleting the IDE Channels from the Device Manager and using System Restore.

I'm using XP SP2 on a HP Pavilion laptop.

Thanks in advance!
What kinda media are you burning to make a difference...Also what kinda burner is it and what is the firmware?? Are you able to play those dvd on standalone players??
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote