Old 31-12-2005   #1
New on Forum

Computer hard powers off randomly

I havce 2 Asus barebones Terminator puters that are AMD platform. This is very similar to the machines I have http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=150931

Both machines will simply power off as if the power cord were removed from the supply. All the fans are operating correctly, and I can't trace the shutoff to a specific temp. I have run them with the case open with the same result. Often they like to do the first power off during a prcessor intensive action. After that, they will continue to just power off at random. They both have the same RAM, and I have swapped every part(processors, fans, RAM, cd drives) I can between the 2. One of them was even returned for a replacement for the same machine. All of them do the same thing.

Any troubleshooting suggestions?
Old 31-12-2005   #2
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where
Re: Computer hard powers off randomly

165w power supply doesn't seem very healthy to me. Does it power off or restart?

Click HERE to join CDFreaks.com

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote