Old 25-11-2006   #1
New on Forum

VOBs and Chapter Marks (DVD Decrypter)

Please excuse my ignorance on this matter.

I have ripped a VOB file of a concert DVD including chapter marks with DVD Decrypter.

When I play the VOB file I cannot change chapters.

How can I retain my chapter marks?
bowler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006   #2
Senior Moderator & Editor

Re: VOBs and Chapter Marks (DVD Decrypter)

Unfortunately, chapter marks that are lost during a rip have to be reinserted by a reauthoring step.

If you saved the text file in the appropriate format (selected in the the DVD Decrypter IFO mode settings), then you can use IFOedit to add them back in a reauthor to a DVD-Video title. Unfortunately you also have to demultiplex the audio and video first before the reauthoring.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote