Old 18-05-2005   #1
New on Forum

Multiple movies on one DVD?

Hey guys. I was just thinking tonight - Is there a way to put multiple movies on one DVD? I recall seeing a DVD of two feature length foreign movies that were both on one DVD. Is it possible to do such a thing? Maybe create a supersize SVCD format on a DVD? Or something like that?

I'm just a newbie when it comes to DVDs, so if this is a stupid question I apologize in advance! It would be cool if I could do something like this though, even if the quality is not as good as the original! Thanks!
netsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005   #2
New on Forum

Re: Multiple movies on one DVD?

I did some reading and I've found NeroVision should do what I was thinking of. I'm playing around with it now. Any tips?
netsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2005   #3
MyCE Resident

Try DVDShrink: http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
Here is the guide how to do it: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg...ink31-main.htm

MOTTO:

"Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer." (Dan Brown)

PLEXTOR:
"King of Quality".
alex thyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #4
New on Forum

how can i put two movies on one disc
ocihc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #5
Administrator

Hello ocihc

It is generally not a good idea to try to fit two full length movies onto a single layer dvd...not in dvd-video format. The compression necessary will degrade the quality of the movie more than most people would like.

But it really depends on the running time of the two movies. If they don't exceed 2 1/2 hours combined, then you should be ok.

You could also burn two movies to a double layer dvd and keep good quality. Most people don't like the extra expense of the DL media though, and there is only one reliable brand, Verbatim.

If you'd like to try putting two movies onto a disk, use DVDFlick or AVStoDVD. Both can import dvd video and compress them to fit your target disk.

It is usually better to convert to a format that is better suited for high compression, like xvid, divx or h264. You shouldn't have problems fitting two full length movies using these formats, but you would have to have a dvd player capable of using them. I don't think there are any dvd players that can use h264, though I might be mistaken. To go to xvid, use Handbrake or AutoGK. Burn as a straight data disk, and let the player show you the selection of videos on the disk, rather than having a menu.
Kerry56 is online now   Reply With Quote