Old 14-01-2011   #1
MyCE Junior Member

Multiple DVDs to blu-ray

Hi - I followed the instructions of putting several dvds (4) on a blu-ray disc and the disc was created successfully. However, when I went to play the disc in my blu-ray player, it wouldn't play. I verified that the folders were on the disc and it took about an hour to complete the entire process. My system is Win 7 and I used the trial version of DNC Ultimate.

Is there a reason to why it's not playing or was this process made for the disc to be played on the computer (which I haven't tried yet).

Wyman
smileychgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Multiple DVDs to blu-ray

What titles? What decrypter? Did you use the userguide or my guide?

Link to my guide - http://www.dvdnextcopysupportforum.c...D-s-to-Blu-Ray
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011   #3
MyCE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
What titles? What decrypter? Did you use the userguide or my guide?

Link to my guide - http://www.dvdnextcopysupportforum.c...D-s-to-Blu-Ray
I can't remember all the titles right off but I do remember that 'Things We Lost in the Fire' and 'Our Family Wedding' are two of them. I ripped all of them to the hard drive with CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. I followed the pdf guide from the DNC site, which is pretty much the same instructions through your link.
Old 14-01-2011   #4
MyCE Resident

Pretty much the same but mine is different. Suggest using DNC for it all sometimes DNC has a hard time processing rips on the PC like that.
Old 15-01-2011   #5
MyCE Junior Member

Quote:
Pretty much the same but mine is different. Suggest using DNC for it all sometimes DNC has a hard time processing rips on the PC like that.
I guess I could try that. Is there a way I could burn to an ISO file to test before actually burning to a disc?
Old 15-01-2011   #6
MyCE Resident

Not with DNC.
Old 15-01-2011   #7
MyCE Junior Member

Quote:
Not with DNC.
Ok. Maybe I'll try it with ImgBurn. One other question, how can I create a menu where I can select the movies?
Old 15-01-2011   #8
MyCE Resident

You can't yet.
Old 23-05-2011   #9

Hi, This looks like exactly what I'm looking for except the inability to create menus. I've been directed to multiAVCHD for that and i'll give it a try, but DVD neXt copy looks pretty smooth and user friendly. Do you have any idea if/when a feature to add menus (both a title menu to select the dvd you want, and chapter menu for each of the dvds) might be implemented?
RyoASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011   #10
MyCE Resident

I am not sure I will make a request for such.
Old 19-12-2012   #11

having problems with multiple dvd's on a blu-ray

i have the regular dvdnextcopy program. i tried to follow the steps as best as i could. when i go to burn it doesn't display how much of the blu-ray disc will be filled on the bottom of the screen. also, when i do decided to burn it only shows a portion of the dvd's on the blu-ray disc.

i have a program called ??????? where i can let someone view what is on my computer. if someone would like to help me figure out what i'm doing wrong, please feel free to leave me a message. i'm sure after you visual see what steps i'm doing wrong you can tell me by using the notepad to communicate with me.

it's quicker and easier then me coming back to forum posting messages back and forth.

Last edited by Wombler; 19-12-2012 at 23:42. Reason: Removed dubious content
chroniclesofmnkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012   #12
MyCE Resident

I would suggest a support ticket. I haven't done this in forever now so I am not sure what you may be doing wrong.
Old 20-12-2012   #13
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniclesofmnkd View Post
i have a program called ??????? where i can let someone view what is on my computer. if someone would like to help me figure out what i'm doing wrong, please feel free to leave me a message. i'm sure after you visual see what steps i'm doing wrong you can tell me by using the notepad to communicate with me.
That program you're asking people to install is used for malicious purposes by hackers to gain control of people's machines so I've removed the references to it and would ask that you please don't mention this again.

Quote:
it's quicker and easier then me coming back to forum posting messages back and forth.
The forums are here not just to provide answers to individual queries but also to assist others with similar problems, so all responses should come through the forums whenever possible as it helps others reading the thread.

Wombler
DVDFab/ImgBurn: Choosing the correct Layer Break Position in ImgBurn
DVDFab: BDMV-REC Supported Burners
Reviews: Ideal DVD Copy, Magic DVD Copier, DVDFab DVD Copy v9

Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012   #14
MyCE Resident

Okay didn't know that but do now. Thanks Wombler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombler View Post
That program you're asking people to install is used for malicious purposes by hackers to gain control of people's machines so I've removed the references to it and would ask that you please don't mention this again.

The forums are here not just to provide answers to individual queries but also to assist others with similar problems, so all responses should come through the forums whenever possible as it helps others reading the thread.

Wombler
Old 20-12-2012   #15

um, i don't know what to say...i have been using it for quite some time and i have never had a problem with it. this is the first i have ever heard of anyone saying it was used for malicious intents.
first, i wouldn't have access to anyone's computer.
second, they would have access to mine.
so i would be the one in trouble not the other person.
despite your answer and mine. i will not bring it up again.
Old 20-12-2012   #16
Administrator

I did this process four months ago while testing various ways of getting a dvd compilation on blu ray discs...here is my write up of the process:

Making the blu ray version in the program is not hard at all, once you learn the necessary steps. You set the program to make a blu ray, bring in the first dvd movie, set up a folder to put it in and have the program make a new blu ray video. When it has finished processing the first movie, you back up, refresh the main window and bring in the next movie. This time you add the movie to your existing blu ray structure by making the target the index.bdmv file within the BDMV folder of the blu ray you just made. Continue this till you've got all of them imported.

The major flaw? You have no menu. There is no easy way to select each movie. The original chapter points are kept, so you can skip ahead within each movie, but once you get to the last chapter point in the movie you have no way to get to the end of it quickly. Even fast forward was limited to 2x speed in my player.

I didn't have any problems mentioned by chroniclesofmnkd though.
Kerry56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012   #17
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniclesofmnkd View Post
um, i don't know what to say...i have been using it for quite some time and i have never had a problem with it. this is the first i have ever heard of anyone saying it was used for malicious intents.
first, i wouldn't have access to anyone's computer.
second, they would have access to mine.
so i would be the one in trouble not the other person.
despite your answer and mine. i will not bring it up again.
Thanks for understanding.

It's not that the program is inherently malicious, as there are legitimate uses, it's that it can be used for malicious purposes and we always seek to protect our members from any possible harm.

Wombler
DVDFab/ImgBurn: Choosing the correct Layer Break Position in ImgBurn
DVDFab: BDMV-REC Supported Burners
Reviews: Ideal DVD Copy, Magic DVD Copier, DVDFab DVD Copy v9

Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012   #18
Administrator

Forgot to mention that when you add more movies you change the setting from going to a new blu ray to an existing one under Select your target.
Old 20-12-2012   #19
Administrator

Getting back to chroniclesofmnkd's original issues, there doesn't seem to be a place to keep track of the size of the compilation within my copy of DVD neXt Copy. You simply have to check the size of your target blu ray video as you go, or know beforehand the sizes of the dvds you are adding in.

And I always burn with ImgBurn, outside of any other program, which is what I strongly advise here. But looking at the burn section of DVD neXt Copy, when I import the blu ray video I've built from various dvds, I do see a scale at the bottom of the window showing the size of the compilation.
Old 20-12-2012   #20

thank you so much kerry56..
lol, after 10 blu-ray disks i finally understand how to put multiple dvd's onto a blu-ray disk. i have some questions though...
do i have to continue refreshing my drivelist everytime i add a movie?
after the blu-ray disk was complete and i inserted into my blu-ray player it recognized it as a "Data disk". is this normal?
when i kept messing up the instructions the blu-ray disk that came out played on my player but gave me a title and others just started playing automatically.
um, how do i setup the dvdnextcopy to be used with imageburn? how do i setup image burn to burn a file from dvdnextcopy? these are the steps i was using before i found out about dvdnextcopy.
a. i would take an anime series and use convertxtodvd5 to get an audio/video ts folder.
b. then i would take my dvdshrink to shrink down the file and make it into an iso file that can fit onto a 25gb blu-ray disk
c. now i use dvdnextcopy to take the iso file that dvdshrink made smaller and put it onto a 25gb blu-ray disk.
just wanted to know if there is a way to have the finish product that comes out of dvdnextcopy to have my blu-ray recognize by its name rather than a data disk. when it starts playing the anime series it continues till the whole series is done which great. i don't have to go back to each individual folder to start it up again from it left off.
are there any other programs that i can use to make an iso file smaller but keep the picture looking great. after my project last was completed i put it on my 60" TV and it looked fantastic. i didn't notice any difference when i view it on my computer.
Old 20-12-2012   #21
Administrator

Quote:
Do i have to continue refreshing my drivelist everytime i add a movie?
I think this is the best procedure.

Quote:
After the blu-ray disk was complete and i inserted into my blu-ray player it recognized it as a "Data disk". is this normal?
No, you should have the disc recognized as a blu ray disc. I'm hoping that DNC burns using the UDF 2.5 file system, but I don't know that.

Quote:
How do i setup the dvdnextcopy to be used with imageburn? How do i setup image burn to burn a file from dvdnextcopy?
I don't use DNC much, but I don't believe it can be set up to use ImgBurn automatically. Dr. Who will correct me on this if I'm wrong. To burn blu ray video in ImgBurn, start the program, go to Build mode and import the folders created by DNC. You should set the file system to UDF 2.5 in Options, but if you don't have everything correctly when you start the burn, ImgBurn will ask to change this for you. Let it do so. Set your burn speed to a moderate speed, 4x or 6x is usually best.

You're doing a lot of steps with your previous process. Since you are converting from some unknown format to dvd-video, then compressing, I think you would be much better off converting to H264 and building a blu ray that way. H264 is one codec used in blu ray video and is extremely efficient compared to the mpeg-2 found in dvd-video. We can't really discuss that process here in the DVD neXt Copy subforum, but if you want to explore that, start a thread in our Video Edit forum: http://club.myce.com/f32/ I'll help you there.
Old 20-12-2012   #22

okay,
i will startup a thread on this topic in the Video Edit Forum. in the settings what exactly has to be checked off so that when its done burning my player recognizes it as a blu-ray disc rather then a data disc?
Old 20-12-2012   #23
Administrator

If your last question was about ImgBurn, it will recognize the structure of blu ray video and burn it as such. If you have anything set incorrectly it will automatically ask to change those settings, so if you get such a message, let ImgBurn do the changes.

DNC simply says its making a blu ray disc. So there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust anything within that program when producing the disc, nor are there file types to choose from in the burning section.
Old 20-12-2012   #24
MyCE Resident

Correct Kerry56.
Old 21-12-2012   #25

oh, i should have said which program that question was for, lol. i apologize, the question was for the DNC. i have burned two successful blu-rays so far and both of them are being recognized as a data disc instead of a blu-ray disc. can't seem to figure out why. i created a folder with the name of the show as the title of the folder. inside i have 2 folders one is "BDMV" & the other is "Certificate".
the only reason i use 3 different programs is because i want to have the whole series of an old cartoon or anime on one blu-ray disc. dvdshrink is the only program i know that can shrink a Video_ts and then make it into an iso quickly. other programs don't necessarily do all that they claim. but i do want to know more about h264 from you when i start the new thread.