Malwarebytes receives lots of criticism for new interface

With the release of version 2.0 of the anti-virus software Malwarebytes, the company also introduced a new user interface, for which it receives a lot of criticism. An often seem comment is that the anti-virus software now looks like malware.  Malwarebytes announced the new version on their website and the comments are clear. Also on forums, including those of the companyand ours, there are a lot of haters.

"My only concern is its revamped interface reminds me of the rogue antivirus products I've seen in the past, probably due to its glossy / 3D interface", an user writes, "What a horrifying interface. Reminds me of Norton / McAfee level glamware",  another one wrote.

myce-malwarebytes

The new GUI was introduced to make it easier to use and provide better access to often used features. Besides the new interface, the company also introduced a new licensing model, the software now costs $24.95 a year for which it can be installed on 3 PCs. A free version also remains available and Malware PRO users with lifetime license can upgrade for free.

The company has also announced it will keep protecting the outdated Windows XP. Microsoft ends support for XP on the 8th of April this year which leaves users on the OS without security patches and updates. Malwarebytes promises to keep those systems safe by continuing to support XP, the company even promises lifetime support.

No posts to display