Old 31-12-2003   #1
New on Forum

if dvd is locked how to burn?

Hi
How do you burn a dvd if it has locked vob files?
thanks
Old 01-01-2004   #2
Administrator

You have to remove the protection on the dvd. Use DVDDecrypter to get it to your hard drive, or DVDShrink if you need to reduce the size of the movie to fit onto a dvdr disk.

Look through the guides at the top of the forum on how to use DVDShrink. Or go to www.dvdshrink.info to look at their tutorials.
Kerry56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004   #3
New on Forum

Hi Kerry, thanks for your reply. I used dvd decryptor, it is excellent and does the whole process, but the last dvd i tried had read errors, and the vob files were locked,it is a newly released dvd. i tried alot of different programs. smart ripper said files locked try opening with player, so i did and both programs continually crashed. I have reformatted so maybe there are some codecs or something missing from pc that i had accumulated before hand that made things work. also i notice dvd decryptor says does not support files over 4gb, on my fat32 drives, should i make a ntfs partition??? I dont know about that one. thought thats why it didnt work cos the movie is 8gb. I cant tell you exact error message cos it was lots of numbers and it couldnt read a section, the disk had no scratches. had only css/cppm protection i think. smart ripper was great at unlocking files before, but this movie, nothing worked. is there some new protection system, or something? p.s before dvd decryptor did the whole lot,i used smart ripper, dvd2one and clone dvd together.
ducatigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004   #4
Retired Senior Moderator

Have you tried running the newest version of AnyDVD before trying to rip it?

Ssseth likes pickles, loves wallpaper and lives for bacon.
Ssseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004   #5
Administrator

I doubt that it is using a new protection scheme. And I don't think you have to worry about the size of the files, in file mode DVD Decrypter breaks it into 1Gb chunks you know.

Can't figure out why you are getting read errors. Does the original movie play ok on your computer? Is everything else stable since your reformat? Opening the disk with your player and then using smartripper or dvddecrypter should not cause crashes.

Try Ssseth's suggestion and get back to us.
Kerry56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004   #6
Retired Moderator

AnyDVD only bypasses CSS encryption, which dvd decrypter does with ease, so i don't think that'll solve the problem. as i stated in the other thread, copy the error msg for us.

I don't respond to questions through PM that should be asked in the forum
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004   #7
New on Forum

well I got the same error and can't seam to fix it.

He doesn't really give an error, but just slows down until he reaches 0.0 speed and keeps retrying and then says that he can't read the data ( DVD Decrypter that is .. )

Tried to run AnyDVD in the background, but now Decrypter only says that there isn't any protection anymore but gives the same error. I try decrypt the DVD U Turn, and stops at 2%

Any ideas .. ?
Guoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004   #8
Author of DVD Decrypter & ImgBurn

Its probably just a bad sector on the disc, or at least one that your drive cannot read.
Try reading the disc in another drive, it may work.
Old 12-01-2004   #9
New on Forum

well I don't it's a bad sector. I already tried it at 3 readers and gives same error. Might be the CSS/CPPM protection .. or can DVD Decrypter deal with this normally ?
Guoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004   #10

CSS/CPPM is normal and is the whole reason for DVD Decrypters existance. So yes, it can deal with it.

What exactly is the error you're getting?

'Unrecovered Read Error' ?
'Seek Error' ?
'L-EC Uncorrectable Error' ?

They are all caused by a disc your drive cant read. It could be due to dirt, a scratch or just the fact that the disc is faulty.
If you've already tried it in another drive, take it back and ask for a replacement.
Old 24-01-2004   #11
New on Forum

same prob as ducatigirl

I've been able to rip and burn dvds successfully using dvd x-copy platinum, dvd decryptor, dvd shrink, and smart ripper 2.41. However dvd decryptor has worked everytime when the others have failed, except for now. I tried to rip U571 and Goldmember, and can get about 90% of the way before I get the following I/O errors:

Device: [3:1:0] HP DVD Writer 200j 1.65(E

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 3B BD EF 00 00 01 00
Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector:3915247

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 3B BD EF 0C 00 00 00 00 15 82 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Unkown (Positioning Error)

This error is from U571, Goldmember's error is similar with different #s, probably from the encryption keys being different. I'm not sure what to do next, there are some light scratches on the original discs, I guess maybe that might be part of the problem but I'm not sure. So I'll let you guys chew and this and see if anyone can figure it out. Thanks to anyone who can help.
merton21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2004   #12

Quote:
Interpretation: Unkown (Positioning Error)
Yup, basically, your drive can't focus on that sector. The scratches you speak of are probably to blame.
Give the disc a good clean and try again. I hear toothpaste can help smooth out the surface!
Old 07-02-2004   #13
New on Forum

Thanks for 'anydvd'

Yes Anydvd is excellent!
I have been able to copy since it, except when i tried to burn nemo, nothing i tried would copy it.
Nero has been saying that the file wont fit on the media, the file size is 3.99 GB so I dont understand.
What do I do if I have copied the dvd with nero and it is a mds or nrg file, and nero says its too big, what then can I do?
I opened it with dvd decrypter, and it actually copied it onto dvd disk, with copy successful it said. BUT wont play in dvd player.
Now I have done 3 dvd's different ways and they are all stuffed.
Is my dvd burner stuffed?
Old 07-02-2004   #14
Original author of CloneCD and CloneDVD Author

Quote:
Originally posted by AZImmortal
AnyDVD only bypasses CSS encryption, which dvd decrypter does with ease, so i don't think that'll solve the problem.
Basicially you're right, but...

The major advantage is, that AnyDVD only needs to decrypt sectors which are actually read.
If read errors are just unreferenced garbage on the disc, DVD Player software - and intelligent copy software like CloneDVD - will probably not read them in the first place, and AnyDVD will allow you to access / copy the "usefull sectors", where DVD Decrypter might fail.
Such DVDs are most likely violating DVD specs, but the copy protection industry doesn't care too much about specs... we've learned that from the "so called" Audio CD protections.
Old 10-02-2004   #15
New on Forum

read errors

thanks very much for the replies. Today I made (apparently successful backup movie) with smart ripper, dvd2one and clone dvd. all went well. Put it in the dvd player and it wouldnt play, put it in pc opened with power dvd and it played.
They are new disks Laser 4x dvd-r, should be compatible. Dvd player plays all sorts of disks and previous burnt dvd's so I dont know whats happening.
It has just crossed my mind, that 'i reinstalled nero 6 with the aspi layers and all my dvd copies were stuffed. Didnt even get this far to make one to the end. Have wasted 4 dvds.Yesterday I reinstalled the force aspi back to version 4 and I got this far.
Do you think nero might stuff up my other programs if it is installed in a different order than how I had it before when the copies were successful?
I am trying to eliminate all possibilities, there seems to be so many reasons why I cant make a dvd now when I have made heaps before. The problems are getting fewer, initially I had errors reading and writing now I can actually make one but it wont play.
what would cause the movie to copy successfully, but not play in the player (there is nothing wrong with the player, I am certain!)
thanks so much to everyone who takes the time and energy to reply, slowly we are getting there.
I would be suicidal without this forum!
P.S Things have been a lot better since using anydvd. Smart ripper rips the files now, before it didnt. I'm sure there will be some I cant, but it made them fewer, I'm sure.
Old 09-01-2005   #16
New on Forum

Re: if dvd is locked how to burn?

i succesfully backed up my dvd then dvd decrypter tried to read it after finalizing it and came up with an I/O error, it says at the end of the error illegal mode for this track...what can i do to make a working copy...?

i used dvd decrypter to make the iso, then dvd shrink to compress as it was dual layered, then burned it with dvd decrypter...

the original disc had CSS/CPPM protection... (i thought dvd decrypter fixed this)
snoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #17
MyCE Member

Hi,

Since the disc has an I/O error just before finalization, I would suggest you use something called Batchdisc which has a tool called Finalize. I and many others have had great success finalizing everything(CD's and DVD's). This MIGHT work. The utility used to be available as freeware(NOT SURE now).Google for it.

Hope this helps.

PS. The disc will be readable till the point of the error after finalization.

PS: Am inactive member currently. So please don't PM me.
unicorn23` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #18
MyCE Member

@ducatigirl, try different media - Laser are CRAP!! Try Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim (Mitsubishi Chemical), or another well known brand - search the forum for more info on this.

Cheap/bad media can cause many errors, such as not playing or being recognised by your player to all sorts of skipping/freezing problems. Trust me, get good media & your hassles will be 90% gone.

EDIT: Woooh, just noticed how old this thread is - guess @ducatigirl would have this one solved already!!

Intel Core i7-2600
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD Radeon HD 6800
16GB DDR3-RAM
256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD
6TB RAID 0 (Hardware) Array
Lite-On iHBS212 BD Writer
Agent_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005   #19
New on Forum

my backup said it was succesfull and it had finalized then i tested it with dvd decrypter to see if it would read, and it did'nt it came up with this error....

I/o error

device [0:1:0] dvdrw ide 16x a063 (f: ) (cata)

scistatus:0x02 interpretation: check condition

cdb: 28 00 00 22 5e da 00 00 09 00
interpretation: read (10)-sectors: 2252506-2252514

sense area; 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00
interpretation: illegal mode for this track.

p.s i made backups of other dvd's that had no css/cppm protection and they read and play perfect...
Old 09-01-2005   #20
MyCE Member

Hi,

I was replying to Snoogle's problem of an I/O error while finalizing the disc.

Old 09-01-2005   #21
MyCE Member

Hi Snoogle,

Have you upgraded to the latest version of DVD decrypter. If not do so. Then tell us how it goes. If you have already done so, then I think Lightning_UK should be replying to this soon. He is the author of DVD decrypter and does check into the forums to find problems with the software.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-01-2005   #22
New on Forum

yes i have the latest version installed, released january the 5th right...later i will try burning only the movie...i will let you know if it works...

thanks.
Old 10-01-2005   #23
MyCE Member

@snoogle, what media are you using?

Intel Core i7-2600
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD Radeon HD 6800
16GB DDR3-RAM
256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD
6TB RAID 0 (Hardware) Array
Lite-On iHBS212 BD Writer
Agent_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #24
New on Forum

pakard bell dvd+ 4.7gb 2.4-4x, i used it for other dvds so i know they work alright...