Old 18-09-2003   #1
New on Forum

Fully uninstalling CloneDVD

I just bought this computer from a friend and I was interested in the 30 eval download. Everytime I install it and try
to run the .exe it gives me "Your 30 day eval time has expired." The program was not on the system when I bought. It
is possible though that he took it off from an expired install. Is there any way I can install this program again to try it out? I am running WinXP. I have uninstalled the prog and went through the regisry deleting everything I saw associated with CloneDVD. Thank you for your time.
SlaveUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003   #2
Retired Senior Admin

Re: Fully uninstalling CloneDVD

Quote:
Originally posted by SlaveUnit
...is possible though that he took it off from an expired install. Is there any way I can install this program again to try it out?
1) Seems like it - just ask the friend

2) Yes, google is your friend. I'm not specific because that advice is simply a way to circumvent purchasing it.
Who Are YOU?
FutureProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003   #3
New on Forum

Yeah I understand why you wouldn't want topost something like that. I have looked for hours on google on finding a way without reinstalling my OS. Think there is any way you could email me a more specific url or post. Everyone talks so higly of this software. I would really like to test it on making multiple copies of DVD I author. Nero sometimes isnt the most accurate on doing this. Thanks again. djcynical @ hotmail . com

So yeah I called my buddy and he did have it on there until it expired a couple months ago. Just an FYI.

Last edited by FutureProof; 19-09-2003 at 03:08.
Old 19-09-2003   #4
Retired Senior Admin

I hope that 'buying' that PC included the licences and discs for the installed software. This means that you can scrub the hard drive and set up the PC in the way you'd really like to, including evaluating CloneDVD for yourself
Who Are YOU?
Old 19-09-2003   #5
New on Forum

Yes, I have everything legally. Thing is, as I was saying I do DVD authoring on this machine and on this machine I have 2 Hds consisting of 300Gb total. A decent amount of which is used. Finding a backup solution for all my personal data will not really be possible without buying a tape drive or new HD. All the data will not fit one one drive either. DVD backup is not really a possibility for this much. I do this for a business so it is not really a money factor, I mean the program doesn't cost a lot but if it does not work how I want it to then I see no reason in wasting the money. I ahd to go through a lot of testing for video editing and dvd authoring software to find exactly what I wanted...If I didn't get to try out software before I bought them then I would have spent over $10,000, when in the end I was happy with about $1,000 worth of software. This is a custome built PC not and HP or Dell with a single recovery cd. IF you can help I would greatly appreciate it. If not I understand and am not trying to hassle the forum or start a "legal" battle with the admins. Thanks again for your time.
Old 19-09-2003   #6
Retired Senior Admin

Please don't misunderstand me. There's no hassle or legal battle going on here. Maybe CloneDVD will not suit you.

I was only suggesting that a reformat may well be your only option. CloneDVD has some important uses; I primarily employ it to copy just the main movie although I found that GoNY and LotR-TT were down around 50-52% with just the movie and AC3/DTS track. In these cases, I ripped the main movies to disk with another ripper, convert to .ISO, mount in D-Tools and play through my Hollywood MPEG2 card on my multimedia box.

I have a 120GB movie disk, a 120GB backup disk, an 80GB MP3 disk and so on. I've got over half a terrabyte of space on one machine and several hundred between the others. I forget that a lot of other people aren't yet able to build to what I've achieved since 1988 so please don't think I'm dissing you. I'm just being thoughtless.

Given what you've stated you may well do better with Instant Copy 7 or 8. Have you had a look through here?
Who Are YOU?
Old 19-09-2003   #7
New on Forum

Nah, I didn't think you were dissing me. I just figured that you thought I am some guy looking for a way to install the software and use it for 30 days then uninstall and do the same thing over and over. Maybe I will look into other solution. Thanks for the replies.
Old 19-09-2003   #8
Retired Senior Admin

Sure, you're welcome. You sound like you know what you're doing so let us know how it turns out...we could do with more member reviews on DVD soft apps
Who Are YOU?
Old 24-09-2003   #9
Original author of CloneCD and CloneDVD Author

Re: Fully uninstalling CloneDVD

Quote:
Originally posted by SlaveUnit
I just bought this computer from a friend and I was interested in the 30 eval download. Everytime I install it and try
to run the .exe it gives me "Your 30 day eval time has expired." The program was not on the system when I bought. It
is possible though that he took it off from an expired install. Is there any way I can install this program again to try it out? I am running WinXP. I have uninstalled the prog and went through the regisry deleting everything I saw associated with CloneDVD. Thank you for your time.
A new version of CloneDVD will be released pretty soon.
As with every major release, this will reset your 30 days trial period.
So, best thing is to wait for CloneDVD 1.3.
Olli is offline   Reply With Quote