Old 12-10-2003   #1
New on Forum

FIX!: CRC errors, unreadable sectors, (DVD Ripping)

ive come across this form of copy protection before, mainly only with big name dvd movie titles though such as 2001, and NBK.

this lockup,crasher can be got around alot simpler than i first thought.

using dvd decrypter in file mode: goto Tools, Settings;

-under general tab: make sure "detect mastering errors" is checked.

-under device tab: make sure "fast error skip" is checked and the drop down menu for retries is low like "2".

also

-under I/O tab: make sure "ignore read errors" is checked and the two drop down menu's near are low like "2".

thats it, hopefully this helps ne1 out there having trouble

nothing is garunteed. (sp)
Old 12-10-2003   #2
Retired Senior Admin

Hi thanks. What Region are we talkin' here?
Who Are YOU?
Old 12-10-2003   #3
Author of DVD Decrypter & ImgBurn

Geez you must be busy! You've posted this rubbish on all the forums i've visited!

Here is a copy + paste job from my response on another forum - I cant be bothered to type it all out again.

=============================
Maybe you should ask me before posting things like this?!

All you're going to end up with if you follow these intructions is a bad copy.

Detect Mastering errors is NOTHING to do with what you're talking about at all. Do you even know what it does?!

I dont recommend fast error skip at all. It will lead you to getting more errors than are actually there as it will fail at reading anything that isnt perfect when normally the drive would just retry a couple more times itself and read it ok.

If you're getting read errors, either the disc is dirty, scratched or faulty.
So basically, if your drive cant read the disc, clean it, try it in another drive or have the disc replaced. Its as simple as that.
=============================

*SIGH*
Old 13-10-2003   #4
New on Forum

whatever

//FutureProof: Hi thanks. What Region are we talkin' here?

--Region 4

//Geez you must be busy! You've posted this rubbish on all the forums i've visited!

--I am, and for all those out there i only posted on another forum called digital digest, so obviusly your the one who's not very busy as "all the forums i've visited! " equates to 2! hah

///=============================
//Maybe you should ask me before posting things like this?!

--how would i know to ask you specifically?

//All you're going to end up with if you follow these intructions is a bad copy.

--all im saying is it wouldn't rip past 3mb of chapter 28 in Natural Born Killers, tried everything (even attempted to capture every frame (6000) and then compile into avi), but i changed to the settings mentioned and it didnt lockup nemore.

///Detect Mastering errors is NOTHING to do with what you're talking about at all. Do you even know what it does?!

-no i dont , i just changed it along with the others , so prob not neccessary.

///I dont recommend fast error skip at all. It will lead you to getting more errors than are actually there as it will fail at reading anything that isnt perfect when normally the drive would just retry a couple more times itself and read it ok.

--when your dealing with 1-10 frames/dodgy sectors i dont think it matters when in the long run you get the vob rather than not. but it actually didnt impact on the avi at all no probs!

///If you're getting read errors, either the disc is dirty, scratched or faulty.

--true, it was a hire disc with a fair bit of noise on the surface, but as i stated before ive had this happen before and the fact that using this method enabled the extraction of the vob compared with not and the subsequent ripping of one of my now favourite movies, im not the one complaining.

///So basically, if your drive cant read the disc, clean it, try it in another drive or have the disc replaced. Its as simple as that.

---not an option as is in a laptop and dont have access to another computer/drive. was considering using an internet cafe but they dont have dvd drives here.
Old 13-10-2003   #5
Author of DVD Decrypter & ImgBurn

Well, I'm the moderator of the forum you posted in over at Digital Digest and I also wrote the program.

It seems you just joined both forums and this was your very first post on each one. Hopefully next time you wont be so quick to shout your mouth off.
Old 19-09-2009   #6
New on Forum

Re: FIX!: CRC errors, unreadable sectors, (DVD Ripping)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING UK! View Post

Well, I'm the moderator of the forum you posted in over at Digital Digest and I also wrote the program.

It seems you just joined both forums and this was your very first post on each one. Hopefully next time you wont be so quick to shout your mouth off.
Forgive me for THIS being my first post... but the whole hopefully next time you wont be so quick to shout your mouth off... erm... did i not just read you saying the guy posted on alot of forums to find out it was 2? I guess if hes shouting his mouth off hes not doing a very good job.

I mean honestly whats the point to forums? Information and socializing. So really asking the same question in many forums isnt a problem. Only people who know about it are the ones who LOOK for it to be rude about it.
Old 19-09-2009   #7
RCM
MyCE Resident

geez! this is almost a 6 year old thread!!
Old 19-09-2009   #8
New on Forum

Hahah my bad didnt read the date, i get distracted when people are rude to other people. Its my unintentional nature to step in, even if it is 6 years later hahaha
Old 19-09-2009   #9
RCM
MyCE Resident

lol
Old 19-09-2009   #10
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
lol
In my defense, any good self respecting forum page should do a yearly cleanup to avoid this stuff from happening lol
Old 19-09-2009   #11
MyCE Resident

I think you should read Post #1 & then read Post #3, in fact read this old outdated thread all over again. Any rookie, newbie or whatever you want to call them, or for that matter anybody who comes upon that information in Post #1 & uses or tries using it, is headed for disaster. Then who are they going to blame? The program & the author of the program of course. I think there was a lot of restraint shown.
Old 19-09-2009   #12
Administrator & Reviewer

Quite right beef barley.

I can see no purpose in churning up old arguments or perpetuating this erroneous information any further, so thread closed.

Wombler
Closed Thread