Old 08-01-2008   #1
New on Forum

DVDs Stop Playing & Freeze

I use Clone to duplicate. Some DVDs work great, others sporadically (jumpy, skipping chapters, etc.), while others play about 25% of the movie, then freeze. Tried different players...no good. Tried different media (Verbatim, Memorex, Taiyo and even Staples generic)...no good. Downloaded latest codecs, no good. I need help as I've wasted several 8.5GB disks. If you need my operating system and all that stuff, it's a gateway PC with 2 core processor and 4GB RAM. Processing speed is "fast." Oh, I also use AnyDVD to scan before cloning. Any help would be appreciated. I have a wonderful old movie that I'm trying to capture right now, but it's freezing any DVD player I use. I look forward to hearing from the experts. Thanks.....jb
jayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: DVDs Stop Playing & Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb View Post
I use Clone to duplicate. Some DVDs work great, others sporadically (jumpy, skipping chapters, etc.), while others play about 25% of the movie, then freeze. Tried different players...no good. Tried different media (Verbatim, Memorex, Taiyo and even Staples generic)...no good. Downloaded latest codecs, no good. I need help as I've wasted several 8.5GB disks. If you need my operating system and all that stuff, it's a gateway PC with 2 core processor and 4GB RAM. Processing speed is "fast." Oh, I also use AnyDVD to scan before cloning. Any help would be appreciated. I have a wonderful old movie that I'm trying to capture right now, but it's freezing any DVD player I use. I look forward to hearing from the experts. Thanks.....jb
What version of the software are you using?? You say "clone" but which software of Clone are you asking about?? What is your burn speed and also what is your burner type and firmware? Also multitasking makes for good coasters....The problem your describing is a result of bad burns and burning too fast....that I know from experience in burning using slysoft programs...Codecs have nothing to do with how good the burns are....DVD don't need codecs to run....also what other burning program do you have installed could be causing bad burns as well...so we do at least need more info to know what is really going internally in your system and O/S??? Also just cause the media claims that name doesn't mean it is the good quality type so you have to do a scan to make sure your getting the best media for your price as well....

Last edited by coolcolors; 08-01-2008 at 12:48. Reason: revision
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #3
MyCE Resident

The media counts here most: use Verbatim DL only.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #4
MyCE Resident

@ jayb,

What is the Name(s) and Version Number(s) of the software program(s) you are using to make your BackUp copy?

What is the Manufacture, Model Number, and Firmware version of your undisclosed DVD Burner? Suggest using a utility software program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) to obtain this information. What is the Burning speed that you are using to make your BackUp copy?

The only DL Media that consistently provides quality error free results is Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM0003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media. All other DL Media is suspect and should be avoided.

Regards,
bjkg
bjkg is offline   Reply With Quote