Old 28-04-2003   #1
New on Forum

DVD2oneX (Mac) - copy to 2 DVD-R ?

Sorry about the dumb question: I just purchased DVD2oneX, and I can´t begin to say how happy I am about it.
However, in order to keep maximum quality of the original DVD, I would like to split it and burn it on 2 DVD-Rs. Is that possible?

Alexander

pS: So far, I have successfully done it using DVD Studio Pro, but this application doesn´t support subtitles.
akulier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2003   #2
New on Forum

The only Mac OSX software that will split a movie over two disks, retaining original quality AND one subtitle of your choice, is DiscomVOBulatorPlus, available here:
http://homepage.mac.com/kaicherry/

Subtitle colors can be unpredictable with this program, and there is no software available for the Mac that will fix the colors if they come out wrong (e.g., pink, red, etc.)

DVD2OneX does not currently split movies over two disks. It's designed to compress a large movie file or DVD file structure down to a 4.4GB disk size.
schmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2003   #3
New on Forum

Re: DVD2oneX (Mac) - copy to 2 DVD-R ?

Quote:
Originally posted by akulier

Sorry about the dumb question: I just purchased DVD2oneX, and I can´t begin to say how happy I am about it.
However, in order to keep maximum quality of the original DVD, I would like to split it and burn it on 2 DVD-Rs. Is that possible?
Have you actually looked at the quality of the final compressed movie after DVD2OneX gets done? You may find that if you can see any pixelation at all, you may still find it very acceptable as I do!

Matt
mcaswell is offline   Reply With Quote