Old 29-10-2011   #1
MyCE Rookie

DVD wont copy with DVD Decrypter, IMG Burn or DVD Shrink- Help!

Hi there,
I have a stubborn DVD that i cannot copy using any of the programs listed above.
With DVD Decrypter i get the message 'Interpretation: L-EC Uncorrectable Error' amongst other errors messages.

Please can anyone help me with this?
buel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011   #2
Administrator & Reviewer

An uncorrectable error usually indicates a physical problem with the disc (scratches, dirt etc.) so try washing the disc with soap and water or cleaning it gently with either isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirits.

In addition to this, DVD Decrypter is very outdated now and can't cope with the latest copy protections so I'd recommend switching to more up to date software such as DVDFab, AnyDVD or BDlot DVD ISO Master.AnyDVD is a commercial ripper, DVDFab is a full movie copying package with a freeware ripping component and BDlot DVD ISO Master is a freeware ripper that generates ISOs.

Wombler
DVDFab/ImgBurn: Choosing the correct Layer Break Position in ImgBurn
DVDFab: BDMV-REC Supported Burners
Reviews: Ideal DVD Copy, Magic DVD Copier, DVDFab DVD Copy v9

Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011   #3
MyCE Rookie

Hi thanks for that.
It is a brand new DVD you see.

Unfortunately, a new problem has arise. I've attempted to use a trial version of BlindWrite, for some reason it failed and now my laptop wont recognise my external DVD drive, even with any of the DVDs i have inside it? It wont appear in My Computer.
Please could i ask for your help again?
Old 29-10-2011   #4
MyCE Rookie

Ps- i have restarted my Computer but it still wont recognise it?
Old 29-10-2011   #5
MyCE Rookie

Hi there,
Sorry for the confusion.
Now, strangely, my computer is 'seeing' my external DVD burner and using Blindwrite i have just managed a perfect copy!! Phew!!!
Thank you so much!
Old 29-10-2011   #6
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buel View Post
Hi thanks for that.
It is a brand new DVD you see.

Unfortunately, a new problem has arise. I've attempted to use a trial version of BlindWrite, for some reason it failed and now my laptop wont recognise my external DVD drive, even with any of the DVDs i have inside it? It wont appear in My Computer.
Please could i ask for your help again?
I've had brand new discs before that had dirt on them (that I couldn't even see) that prevented ripping. You can also be unlucky and get a faulty pressing.

For the external drive, have the device connected and switched on, go to the Device Manager, find the entry for your drive, then right-click and uninstall.

Turn the drive off, reboot the PC then reactivate the drive and it should hopefully be re-detected.

Wombler
DVDFab/ImgBurn: Choosing the correct Layer Break Position in ImgBurn
DVDFab: BDMV-REC Supported Burners
Reviews: Ideal DVD Copy, Magic DVD Copier, DVDFab DVD Copy v9

Last edited by Wombler; 29-10-2011 at 19:32.
Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #7
MyCE Rookie

Quote:
DVDFab, AnyDVD or BDlot DVD ISO Master.
Hi, please can i have any opinions on which one is best? Or should i say is (free) BDlot DVD ISO Master really that inferior to AnyDVD which is 49 Euros?

Also, im using Blindwrite to copy a DVD but unfortunately the file it has ripped is over 7GB and wont fit on a normal DVD. What can i do please?
Old 07-11-2011   #8
MyCE Resident

Re: DVD wont copy with DVD Decrypter, IMG Burn or DVD Shrink- Help!

Commercial software like AnyDVD or DVDFab are usually updated to handle the newer encryption schemes more frequently than freeware, which may not be updated at all. If you have a lot of new release movies you will be better served with a commercial product. As for fitting your movie on a SL disk, try DVDShrink or DVDRebuilder.
Whappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #9

From my limited use of BDlot DVD ISO Master I would say that it is not inferior as far as backing up a DVD goes, as for the other options of the other 2 programs I mostly use DVDFab as an All in one type program.

You can use DVDShrink to reduce the size from 7 GB to 4.7 GB for a single layer disc.

Forum Rules: http://club.myce.com/f34/announcemen...uidelines.html

GO TEAM GO Fold for team 13505 http://folding.stanford.edu/

Help us save some lives by joining the Distributed Computing Teams : F@H or WGC or BOTH
bean55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011   #10

Hrm i have been out of the game for quite some time, back when i was doing it, i had best success with clonyxxl to detect copywrite alcohol to rip and sometimes burn, and divx converter when i needed to change formats. i would also use dvdshrink, dvdecryptor from time to time as well as nero. whats the general setup these days?
Bramble666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011   #11
Administrator

^Most of us use one of two commercial programs for ripping dvds and blu ray. As mentioned earlier in the thread, AnyDVD and DVDFab are those two, though there are certainly a fair number of other choices.

If you want a free decryption program look at DVDFab HD Decrpter. It is one section of DVDFab, and will continue to function even after the trial period ends for most of the program. It will decrypt both dvds and blu ray. The only caveat is that the free section is not updated as quickly as the commercial version.

There are two other free choices that are current, though neither are as simple to use. One is called MakeMKV. It is free while in beta, and seems to stay in beta status perpetually. You have to go to their website and download a new version each month and replace the beta keys, but as I said, it is effective and no cost. MakeMKV rips dvd-video as .mkv files, but blu ray can be ripped to mkv or as blu ray video structure.

And the second choice is called BDLot ISO Master. It will only work with dvds, and rips as ISO files, which are easy to work with if you mount them in a virtual drive, like Slysoft's VirtualClone Drive. Or you can open them directly with DVDShrink if you need to compress to fit a single layer dvd. To compress dvds to fit onto a single layer dvd with the highest quality you won't get anything better than DVDRebuilder, and there is a free version available.

For burning many of us have switched to ImgBurn. Superb burning engine that was originally seen in DVDDecrypter, but very much advanced from those days. Same author.

Conversion programs....well there are a ton of those. For H264 mp4 or mkv output, I'd recommend Handbrake or Ripbot264. To convert to xvid or divx avi, the old standby of AutoGK works well, though there are many other choices as well, like AviDemux or Xvid4PSP.

Working with blu ray as your source, I'd recommend BD Rebuilder. It can compress to fit smaller size blu ray (to fit onto single layer blu ray disks) or it can convert to mkv files, or even dvd-video. BD Rebuilder is free to use.
Kerry56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011   #12

I appreciate the information, did alcohol 120% fall off the planet it seemed to be the bread and butter of all rippers/burner combo's
Bramble666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011   #13
Administrator

Sorry, I never kept up with Alcohol 120%. I thought it was mostly used for copying games though, and setting up emulation for games. Their website says it cannot be used to backup dvd video that has even simple CSS encryption, much less the newer protection schemes that have come out over the last six years or so.
Kerry56 is online now   Reply With Quote