Old 14-12-2003   #1
New on Forum

DVD Shrink: wrong chapter order?

Hello,
Twice, I've tried to re-author a DVD to fit on a single DVD-RW, using only the main movie, a single audio track and a single subtitle track. And twice, the new DVD starts with the wrong chapter! It seems to start somewhere near the middle of the (main) movie, run to the end of the movie and then start with the beginning of the movie.

Clearly, I'm doing something wrong here, but what? Any help appreciated!
Fub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2003   #2
New on Forum

Hello!
What version of DVD Shrink are you using? I've some strangely authored DVDs that gave 2.x fits... and 1.x could handle. I haven't had the 3.0.5 beta long enough to tell if it has the same problem.
If you're using a 2.x version, try the 3.
greengaloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2003   #3
Fub
New on Forum

Quote:
If you're using a 2.x version, try the 3.
I just tried with the 3.0.5 Beta, still no luck... Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Fub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008   #4
New on Forum

Re: DVD Shrink: wrong chapter order?

So i am also having chapter order issues. I am using ripit4me with dvd decryptor and dvd shrink with nero 8. Same problems as well. Starts around the middle or end and jumps back to the beginning. I have tried to re-author just the movie and still have the same problem. This link may have some more information for you. I have not tried using Imgburn in place of nero 8, but will probably give that a try soon.
mnkyrench2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008   #5
MyCE Resident

Do the files play correctly on the PC?
Dialysis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008   #6
New on Forum

no they didn't, using nero to view them in, it just repeated the last few chapters. I just tried using dvdfab platinum and the movie burned great. I still used ripit4me and dvddecryptor, and loaded the files into dvdfab. I would like to use nero 8 to burn these discs as i just purchased it anyways, but maybe i am up the creek and will have to continue to use the dvdfab trial. On second thought, maybe its dvd shrink? I am using version 3.2.0.15
mnkyrench2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008   #7
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkyrench2 View Post
no they didn't, using nero to view them in, it just repeated the last few chapters. I just tried using dvdfab platinum and the movie burned great. I still used ripit4me and dvddecryptor, and loaded the files into dvdfab. I would like to use nero 8 to burn these discs as i just purchased it anyways, but maybe i am up the creek and will have to continue to use the dvdfab trial. On second thought, maybe its dvd shrink? I am using version 3.2.0.15
RipIt4Me hasn't been updated in over a year, so you are going to run into more & more problems using it. Dvd Decrypter & Dvd Shrink haven't been updated in longer than that. You should take a close look at the date above your first post in this thread. DvdFab can handle ripping all on it's own, there is no need to use RiPit4Me before DvdFab. You can take a look here at Posts #67 to #74, but please read Post #78 before asking anything.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab...36/index3.html
beef barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #8
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fub View Post
Hello,
Twice, I've tried to re-author a DVD to fit on a single DVD-RW, using only the main movie, a single audio track and a single subtitle track. And twice, the new DVD starts with the wrong chapter! It seems to start somewhere near the middle of the (main) movie, run to the end of the movie and then start with the beginning of the movie.

Clearly, I'm doing something wrong here, but what? Any help appreciated!
I had the same problem with DVD shrink 3.2 when I upgraded to Nero 8. Seems Nero 8 and DVD shrink are not compatable with each other and DVDs burnt with shrink 3.2 using the nero 8 burning engine result in discs with chapters all over the place.
Suggest you abondon Nero 8 and use an earlier version. I am still using 6 because later verions just keep getting more complicated and buggy (and their new version phones home behind my back). Nero 6 and DVD shrink 3.2 work fine.
nz_flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote