Old 10-08-2006   #1
CD Freaks Senior Member

DVD Shrink 3.2 (CSS-Free) doesnt work

Iam having trouble with this program..

Ok i copy an iso (removed that thigny that makes iso unspittable on dvd decrypter) and then attempt to shrink it onto one dvd-r (4.7GB) dvd..the file is approx over 7GB but under 8GB. The video compression is set to automatic. Then i burn it..with the best compression method (also tried the sharp qualtiy compression also with no luck)..it takes 2 hrs to finish or so then when it 'finishes' it ejects my dvd and tells me theres not enough space. Now that doesnt make sense because it is meant to fit on one dvd..

Also when i copy a VIDEO_TS file from dvd dcerypter and attempt to do the same thing with dvd shrink i get the same problem..

Now what the hell is going on :/ Why cant i put a dvd-9 disc onto a dvd-5 with the best compression (best quality)?
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: DVD Shrink 3.2 (CSS-Free) doesnt work

I think sometimes you have to run Shrink twice as there's a limit on just how much compression it'll apply.
So run it the first time saving the files to a HDD folder & then process those files to the final DVD.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #3
CD Freaks Senior Member

Thats what i did..i had an iso/ Video files (form my hard-drive) and it still didnt work
Old 10-08-2006   #4
nwg
CD Freaks Senior Member

It rarely happens (only once in three years for me). Have you taken out all the unecessary parts?

You could also try menushrink to still frame motion video menus.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

Sometimes this happens to me too what I did was add compresion in a few areas to fix this. It does happen from tim to time but the software is no longer updated so what do you expect. LOL
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #6
CD Freaks Senior Member

lol..freewares arent reliable anymorez