Old 04-01-2005   #1
New on Forum

dvd labels

anyone know a good website to get movie labels, so i can print them and put them on those dvd stickers.
sirhc063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005   #2
CD Freaks Die Hard

Re: dvd labels

Try:CD Covers

AMD 64 4400+ X2 'Toledo' @ 2.6Ghz
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert
2x 1024Mb DDR OCZ PC4000 Gold
2x Sparkle 7800GTX 256Mb DDR3 in SLI (513/1280)
2x Arctic NV Silencer 5 rev 3
120G Seagate SATA
250G Seagate SATA
Benq DW1640
Swiftech Extreme Liquid Cooling Kit
24" Dell LCD
Microsoft Vista Ultimate RTM v6 build 6000
pollushon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #3
CD Freaks Rookie

damn! Thanks!
dan_252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #4
MyCE Junior Member

I used this for a while but got a HUGE amount of spyware and adware installed whike getting covers from this site. BEWARE!!!

It does have a great assortment of covers if you are willing to clean up right after.
Dallyup52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #5
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallyup52
I used this for a while but got a HUGE amount of spyware and adware installed whike getting covers from this site. BEWARE!!!

It does have a great assortment of covers if you are willing to clean up right after.
I use the site (cdcovers.cc) all the time and never get spyware or adware. Try Spybot and Adaware for free protection, they work great and it's free!!!
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #6
CDFreaks Resident

"anyone know a good website to get movie labels, so i can print them and put them on those dvd stickers"

I hope you don't mean you are going to put a label directly on the DVD, but rather on the case only.

You are asking for trouble by putting a label on a DVD, they are not like CD's and are far more critical of any weight imbalance due to the amount of data stored and the method it was written.

Some will say they never have problems using them, but it can in fact damage your DVD stand alone player laser. Word to the wise, don't use them.
itzbinnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #7
CD Freaks Die Hard

Quote:
You are asking for trouble by putting a label on a DVD, they are not like CD's and are far more critical of any weight imbalance due to the amount of data stored and the method it was written.

Some will say they never have problems using them, but it can in fact damage your DVD stand alone player laser. Word to the wise, don't use them.
Not true, people who use standard weight paper labels will always be asking for trouble, but there are ultra light weight, ultra thin (much like tracing paper) brands out there eg tudor or avery, made specifically for such an application, that have no effect whatsoever on disc weight, and dont cause disproportional spinning. Have you ever looked at the silk screening on some stamped DVD's? The ink used is different thicknesses on different parts of the disc, the ink's weight would be close to that of paper, yet never has an effect.

120G Seagate SATA
250G Seagate SATA
Benq DW1640
24" Dell LCD
Old 06-01-2005   #8
CDFreaks Resident

"there are ultra light weight, ultra thin (much like tracing paper) brands out there eg tudor or avery, made specifically for such an application"

Haven't seen those, but then again I never looked since after all my reading on the matter, it was not advised to use labels but rather purchase a printer that can print directly on DVD's.

One thing to consider is the media that you will be using, if the labels are very thin, the text and logo's many DVD's display may show through the label, the ideal situation would be to use media that has no writing whatsoever.

Have you used those thin labels and did they hide any text or logo's on the media?
Old 06-01-2005   #9
CD Freaks Member

Skip the paper labels and get an epson r200 that will print directly on inkjet printable cd and dvd. I got one and it only cost 99 bucks. The labels look awesome as well.
scum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #10
CD Freaks Die Hard

Quote:
Haven't seen those, but then again I never looked since after all my reading on the matter, it was not advised to use labels but rather purchase a printer that can print directly on DVD's.
The paper can be hard to find as they are relatively new, they dont state 'for cd/dvd applications' but unofficially are. As scum1 said though paper labels are a dying breed as disc printers are so cheap, i myself am looking at getting one to put labels to rest.

Quote:
Have you used those thin labels and did they hide any text or logo's on the media?
If the label is a light colour you can make out the media's logo unfortunately.

120G Seagate SATA
250G Seagate SATA
Benq DW1640
24" Dell LCD
Old 07-01-2005   #11
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollushon
The paper can be hard to find as they are relatively new, they dont state 'for cd/dvd applications' but unofficially are. As scum1 said though paper labels are a dying breed as disc printers are so cheap, i myself am looking at getting one to put labels to rest.

If the label is a light colour you can make out the media's logo unfortunately.
Well having almost 300 DVD's all labeled with a sharpie I'm not about to go out and buy another printer for labeling them. All of them have the original cover art work. Once I put the DVD into the drawer I can't admire the label, but with the nice case I can read it while the DVD plays.
Actually it would have been nice, but at this juncture I'm both too lazy and cheap to do it. Nice talking with ya.
Old 07-01-2005   #12
CD Freaks Die Hard

Quote:
Well having almost 300 DVD's all labeled with a sharpie I'm not about to go out and buy another printer for labeling them. All of them have the original cover art work. Once I put the DVD into the drawer I can't admire the label, but with the nice case I can read it while the DVD plays.
Actually it would have been nice, but at this juncture I'm both too lazy and cheap to do it. Nice talking with ya.
LOL you too

120G Seagate SATA
250G Seagate SATA
Benq DW1640
24" Dell LCD
Old 09-01-2005   #13
CD Freaks Rookie

There seems to be a lot of peole here that hate labels kinda reminds me of my friends that only like Macs and hate PC's. I've been using labels for years and haven't had a problem. It sounds to me from reading most of these posts that a lot of the problems are probably user errors. Most probably falling under the ID10T classification. anyway, I am posting this to try to put an end to the label "horror stories" out there. Get rid of the CD top-loader from '83 and you shouldn't havea prob, Bob.
Old 10-01-2005   #14
New on Forum

cdcovers.cc
Beer Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #15
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by scum1
Skip the paper labels and get an epson r200 that will print directly on inkjet printable cd and dvd. I got one and it only cost 99 bucks. The labels look awesome as well.

don't forget to factor in the cost of ink.
spryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #16
CD Freaks Rookie

the cost of ink! oh my.... it's like going to the store and paying them $30 to get @ss r@ped!
Old 25-01-2005   #17
New on Forum

Im having a problem using cdcovers.cc.
#1 If I save as to the program Print CD doesnt recognize the image?
#2 If I save to desktop and open with Print Cd, still doesnt fit right.
#3 If I copy, paste and resize, the inner hub gets bigger and leaves a ring.

To sum it up, I have printed hundreds of lables that worked out great, its just that on hub printable dvd's I can never seem to print all the way to the hub without getting a blank space left about 1/8.

*I'm Using an Epson R200 printer with Ritek Ridata White Inkjet printable dvd's, and software that came with printer.
dacichlidmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005   #18
CD Freaks Member

Try these settings. inner diameter 22 outer diameter 119. Print cd does not like them and will warn you about leting disc dry 24 hours. I use the r200 as well

I got these from someone else don't remember where but they work well for me.
If you save as a bitmap the print cd software should recognize it
I stretch all 4 sides of the dvd and usually it fits pretty well

As for the cost of ink. Yes it is expensive so I don't make a dvd covers for everything but some I do for fun. I still have a bunch of cds and dvds with a sharpie label on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacichlidmaster
Im having a problem using cdcovers.cc.
#1 If I save as to the program Print CD doesnt recognize the image?
#2 If I save to desktop and open with Print Cd, still doesnt fit right.
#3 If I copy, paste and resize, the inner hub gets bigger and leaves a ring.

To sum it up, I have printed hundreds of lables that worked out great, its just that on hub printable dvd's I can never seem to print all the way to the hub without getting a blank space left about 1/8.

*I'm Using an Epson R200 printer with Ritek Ridata White Inkjet printable dvd's, and software that came with printer.
scum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005   #19
CD Freaks Junior Member

Anyone have a link to the "thin" DVD labels?
Urshurak776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #20
New on Forum

well, I have tried 21 22 and 23 innerhub, but to no avail. Seems as though Im always getting the small white circle around the inner hub. *Sigh*
dacichlidmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #21
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scum1
ok well i have something to say about those printers.. i got one of those printers and they are shit.. when the dvd/cd comes out.. it is still wet.. remedy that
pghfilmmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #22
MyCE Resident

Yes they will be wet, so you will have to leave them on a table, etc. for a couple of hours to dry.

& welcome to CDFreaks

Bj

click HERE to join cdfreaks
Bjproc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #23
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghfilmmaker
ok well i have something to say about those printers.. i got one of those printers and they are shit.. when the dvd/cd comes out.. it is still wet.. remedy that

Get a better disc! Make sure you have injet printable and not thermal, make sure you are set right for standard top or premium top (premium takes awhile longer to dry). mine dry in like 10 minutes.

I use the Epson R200 as well and print on ProDisc printable discs. Over 150 and no trouble.

I tried paper labels at first as well. After 5, I stopped that - nothing but trouble.
goober22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #24
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryfly
don't forget to factor in the cost of ink.
http://www.inkrepublic.com/
Mr. Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #25
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober22
Get a better disc! Make sure you have injet printable and not thermal, make sure you are set right for standard top or premium top (premium takes awhile longer to dry). mine dry in like 10 minutes.

I use the Epson R200 as well and print on ProDisc printable discs. Over 150 and no trouble.

I tried paper labels at first as well. After 5, I stopped that - nothing but trouble.
ok.. i have one more question.. do those Prodisc's cost more than normal ones?