Old 17-12-2007   #1
New on Forum

Decrypting DVD file located in hard disc

Hello guys, I have this nagging problem that I can't solve. I have this folder of a movie DVD in my hard disc and had tried to burn it as a video DVD that I can play on a DVD player without any success. The problem is that the DVD itself is copy right protected and I need to descript/decrypt it before I can view it or burn it out. Now here's the hing: how do I descript/decrypt it with the file in my hard disc and not in the DVD rom? DVD Decrypter can only view files (in write or read mode) from the DVD rom and I had tried to copy the files onto the DVD rom (in this case, F: drive) but still, DVD Decrypter cant recognise it. Or is there another program out there that can solve my problem easily?

Thank you for reading and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 17-12-2007   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Decrypting DVD file located in hard disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sads View Post
Hello guys, I have this nagging problem that I can't solve. I have this folder of a movie DVD in my hard disc and had tried to burn it as a video DVD that I can play on a DVD player without any success. The problem is that the DVD itself is copy right protected and I need to descript/decrypt it before I can view it or burn it out. Now here's the hing: how do I descript/decrypt it with the file in my hard disc and not in the DVD rom? DVD Decrypter can only view files (in write or read mode) from the DVD rom and I had tried to copy the files onto the DVD rom (in this case, F: drive) but still, DVD Decrypter cant recognise it. Or is there another program out there that can solve my problem easily?

Thanks in advance!
How could that relate to the content on the hdd?
It cannot be protected anymore.........

Use VLC and let it play the dvd files from hdd.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
Old 17-12-2007   #3
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sads View Post

Thanks in advance!
You can try Free DVD and see if that works.

Wombler
Old 20-12-2007   #4
New on Forum

Well, my problem is that I just downloaded the files and the DVD files in the folder in my hard disc right now, which consists of

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB

cannot be played on VLC player or any other media. There is only a black screen and screeching sounds. If I'm not wrong, its copy right protected. I know some people managed to burn out a proper playing Video DVD of the files only after burning it to a DVD and THEN decrypting it to the hard disc and then burning it out as a DVD.

But how do we burn a proper playing DVD from the harddisc straight away, without having to reimport it? That is my qestion. DVDrs aint exactly cheap ^^

I apologise if I didnt make myself clear the 1st time. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 20-12-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

Your thread was closed on slysoft's forum as you don't even have the original disc.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11071
Old 20-12-2007   #6
Banned

Do we know that sads is Tsat?

Anyway, if the files have simply been copied from a DVD, the answer is trivial. Sadly, I can not supply it as some people consider me a daemon while others think of me as a tool.

Regards
Old 20-12-2007   #7
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
Sadly, I can not supply it as some people consider me a daemon while others think of me as a tool.
LOL!

Subtle but effective.

Makes me think of that Simpson's episode where Homer's pleading with the doctor to give him the hair restoring drug and Homer thinks he's being turned down despite the blindingly obvious hints.

Wombler
Old 20-12-2007   #8
Banned

Not so subtle my friend

MX, HNY

Regards
Old 21-12-2007   #9
Retired Moderator

Closed for piracy. Please read the forum rules.

I don't respond to questions through PM that should be asked in the forum
Closed Thread