Old 01-02-2006   #1
SlySoft Team Member

CloneDVD mobile released

I am happy to tell you, that SlySoft has just released a new product: "CloneDVD mobile".

You can find more information here:
http://www.slysoft.com/clonedvd-mobile.html

I hope that you like it!

Owners of other SlySoft products who consider buying this program should wait a few days, as we will offer a special discount for owners of AnyDVD, CloneCD and CloneDVD2.
Details will follow.

SlySoft products
SlySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: CloneDVD mobile released

Wow... must have it. Can't wait to see the special discount.

ET
Old 01-02-2006   #3
CD Freaks Member

Hi
Words f_ _ _
Old 01-02-2006   #4
MyCE Resident

Neat product. I don't use anything but MPEG2(both SD and HD) myself, but, I can definitely see where this would appeal to a GREAT many people. Well done!
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #5
MyCE Resident

I can't wait. Consider another cdfreaks discount on bundles. I have a number of potential buyers on the brink.
Old 01-02-2006   #6
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Just tell me when, I will order right away. I would also like to see the discount as I already own Clone2 and AnyDVD.
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #7
MyCE Resident

Great
BenQ 1620pro
BenQ 1640, 1650, 1655
LG GSA 4163 B
LiteON 832s
NEC 1300A, 4550A
rapid fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #8
MyCE Resident

I take it, this is a slysoft product, not an elby one, as i don't see it on there site.

does this product now free up Olli ?

Bj

click HERE to join cdfreaks
Bjproc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
Retired Moderator

Does it allow conversion to things like QuickTime or RealPlayer formats or any streaming formats?
rdgrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #10
CD Freaks Junior Member

I just tryed it out. You can not use subtitles in this one. Is it only for english speaking people. Made a DVD to divx/avi file, but no option to make subtitles.
kunolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #11
CD Freaks Member

Well, concerning me, I have no use for CloneDVD mobile at the moment because of lacking an appropriate device (and probably I will never have one), but I hope it will generate even more income for Slysoft, as we need more companies like them that care for user interests. And granting a 15$ rebate to us loyal customers is a nice move as well.

And as a positive side-effect it may be that the original CloneDVD will participate in the upcoming and ongoing development of the mobile thingie? That would be great, but I do not intend to highjack this topic.

So, keep the sheeps coming you little devlish foxes!

Ladies just love my PI/PIF scans
[+|Echelon|Provehito in altum|+]
[©|I cannot find the other half|]
a²° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #12
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunolobo
I just tryed it out. You can not use subtitles in this one. Is it only for english speaking people. Made a DVD to divx/avi file, but no option to make subtitles.
I thought I read somewhere that the subtitle stuff is coming in a future version. Maybe Slysoft can confirm that?
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #13
MyCE Senior Member

It was on the email they sent out:

"As usual we'll release several updates for CloneDVD mobile in the near future with more features like subtitle support, manual cropping, fit-to-stick, etc."
Old 02-02-2006   #14
New on Forum

This new craz about watching movies on tiny screens is beyond me. I personally could not watch anything on those tiny screens.
For those who do I would suggest that you dont do it to much.
TT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #15
CD Freaks Member

i have downloaded several tv episodes like surface from the itunes store. i can only watch them on my computer. i have tried to back them up but it will only let you do it as a datadisc. will clonedvd moblie let me back them up so i can watch them on my standalone dvd player?
spiderman_jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #16
MyCE Resident

currently trying out the time-limited trial.
great product so far, very easy to use and it produces good quality movies for my pocketPC.
but i don't like the quality slider the way it works - it has too many steps, and you have to guess how the quality will be.
is it possible to make a small preview rendered out of the current movie, just to show the user the picture quality before converting?

and there is my next question: is the transcoding speed-limited in the trial, or is it normal that a 90 min. movie will take around 70 minutes with 100% cpu usage on an AMD Athlon 64 3200+?
Razor1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #17
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor1982
is the transcoding speed-limited in the trial, or is it normal that a 90 min. movie will take around 70 minutes with 100% cpu usage on an AMD Athlon 64 3200+?
I'd say thats about right - I did a 1.30hr movie and it took 57 mins on 3.2gb P4. That speeds in line with all the other apps I've tried!
Old 02-02-2006   #18
MyCE Senior Member

Well, I did a couple of test movies last night. Plus points are a great interface (as expected as its CloneDVDs), ease-of-use, and a good quality and in-sync output. But... I almost feel this has been released a little late in the day. Theres now a truck load of similar apps for this job, and most are cheaper and/or offer more features. The 3 I use regularly are all cheaper if not free and offer lots more features (I’ve got a list on my forum – feel free to comment and add your own).
Theres quite a few standard features missing: subtitle support, audio bitrate adjust, black-bar cropping and it appears to be impossible to select more than one episode on a DVD. It would also be great if the quality bar showed bitrate rather than a non-informative number and (scraping the barrel now) if you could convert non-DVD movie formats. Without the SlySoft member discount ), the app in my eyes is very overpriced (and even with, it isn't that cheap!) I feel it’s a little rushed in order to get it into the market, but I hope SlySoft have some great new features lined up!
Old 02-02-2006   #19
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k
I almost feel this has been released a little late in the day. Theres now a truck load of similar apps for this job, and most are cheaper and/or offer more features.

Theres quite a few standard features missing: subtitle support, audio bitrate adjust, black-bar cropping and it appears to be impossible to select more than one episode on a DVD. It would also be great if the quality bar showed bitrate rather than a non-informative number and (scraping the barrel now) if you could convert non-DVD movie formats.

Without the SlySoft member discount ), the app in my eyes is very overpriced (and even with, it isn't that cheap!) I feel it’s a little rushed in order to get it into the market, but I hope SlySoft have some great new features lined up!
yes, this is what i also thought. the price is maybe chosen a little bit too high, at least for converting movies optimized for a PocketPC (using DivX or Xvid) the PocketDivXEncoder ( http://divx.ppccool.com/ ) works great. and it's free.
Old 02-02-2006   #20
CD Freaks Rookie

Does "CloneDVD Mobile" have an integrated decryption engine or does it depend on an external one ala "AnyDVD"?
J
schmidtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #21
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtj
Does "CloneDVD Mobile" have an integrated decryption engine or does it depend on an external one ala "AnyDVD"?
J
AnyDVD!
Old 02-02-2006   #22
New on Forum

Sure it just a frontend to ffmpeg - but its a nice one. And its flexible enough to allow you to add/edit device format types in devices.ini.

I'll probably buy it just for ease of use in ripping DVD's but its got a long way to go to match PSP Video9 in terms of functionality (not to mention price)
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #23
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser
Sure it just a frontend to ffmpeg - but its a nice one. And its flexible enough to allow you to add/edit device format types in devices.ini.

I'll probably buy it just for ease of use in ripping DVD's but its got a long way to go to match PSP Video9 in terms of functionality (not to mention price)
Isn't ffmpeg free?
Old 02-02-2006   #24
MyCE Resident

yes it is.
let's say, when purchasing CDVDmobile, you pay for the graphical frontend, only.
Old 03-02-2006   #25
CD Freaks Member

anyone know about my previous question yet?
spiderman_jab is offline   Reply With Quote