Old 24-12-2005   #1
New on Forum

Changing booktype with DVD Decrypter

I have a problem with changing booktypes with DVD Decrypter.

When I check the Disk stats for my original DVD (Eagles Farewell 1 Tour), DVD Decrypter shows booktype to be DVD-ROM, as it should. I then make an ISO copy to my HD and insert a blank Verbatum DVD+ DL into my Plextor DL burner. Disk is shown to be a DVD+ DL. After going into ISO write mode I then change the booktype to DVD-ROM, and proceed with the burn.

The problem is that when the burn is over and I check the state of my newly burned DVD it still shows it as a DVD+ DL.

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't it now be a DVD-ROM? Any help will be appreciated
DerrikM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2005   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Changing booktype with DVD Decrypter

what kind of burner do you have? Some don't support booktyping/bitsetting.

I'm not sure if dvd decrypter allows the setting on drives that don't support it since both of my drives do support it, but it might let it show up anyway.

if your drive does support bitsetting, many times the drive comes with a utility with which you can booktype. For example, my benq 1640 somes with Qsuite. In QSuite I can set booktyping and it makes sure to change to DVD-ROM in any program I use to burn.
reasonsnotrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2005   #3
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasonsnotrules
I'm not sure if dvd decrypter allows the setting on drives that don't support it
Bitsetting is firmware-related, so if the firmware doesn't support it there is no chance that any application can do that...

Regards,

ET
Old 24-12-2005   #4
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltranquil
Bitsetting is firmware-related, so if the firmware doesn't support it there is no chance that any application can do that...

Regards,

ET
right. i should have clarified. what i'm not sure about is whether dvd decrypter will make the option available even though it can't do anything or if it will gray it out.
reasonsnotrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2005   #5
CD Freaks Member

The problem is that when the burn is over and I check the state of my newly burned DVD it still shows it as a DVD+ DL.

You didn't state what model Plextor you have. Mine a 716A came with Plextools Professional. Under drive settings advanced tab, mine has a check in the box next to change book type for dvd+r dl. I don't do anything when I do iso write like you. Check my disc in nero cddvdspeed disc info tab it will say disc type dvd+rdl, book type dvd-rom. I hope this helps.
cdanteek is offline   Reply With Quote