Old 16-03-2008   #1
New on Forum

AllData Automotive DVDs

I have alot of DVD for ALLDATA and keep scratching them at work at our shop ,dont know if they are DL but just wanted to ask what program would i use to rip these suckers to my hardrive and mount them with daemon tools or alcohol? or is it possible to copy them to the c:/alldata directory by not having to go through that process. Any ideas or suggestions im ready for them. THank You this site is great , found many useful things on here back in the day finally decided to register .
proplaya23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008   #2
New on Forum

Re: AllData Automotive DVDs

Nevermind just called up my friend says he has DVDfab, some program he bought of the internet says its a great tool for this kind of stuff and he will help me out. Thanks any way.
Old 17-03-2008   #3
New on Forum

hey guys just gave it a try at his house and no luck. We tried using the clone method but no luck. It goes to 60% or so and then slows to a crawl then sometimes it says please enable pathfinder or some thing but its already enabled tried it many times. Is there any other dvd backup software i can buy that backs up DVDs for these kind like ALLDATA. Im worried i wont find cuz all i see is movie backups and video DVD. Any way any help will be appreciated.

PLEASE i beg of someone to answer me tell me that i am doing something wrong HEllo anybody?

Last edited by proplaya23; 17-03-2008 at 00:33. Reason: JUst waiting
Old 17-03-2008   #4
New on Forum

sorry for Double posting cant Help it.
Old 17-03-2008   #5
Senior Moderator & Editor

Moved to Copy DVD Movie forum.
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008   #6
Retired Moderator

If they are not scratched to bad and they are not copyright protected you can try ISO Buster it does work great extracting the data to your HD, once you get the data on your computer you can use ImgBurn to burn the data to disc's.
When using ISO Buster you may have to go with Find lost data if they are bad scratches,...But clean the disc's first using a soft lint free cloth and wipe from the center hole to the outer edge
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008   #7
New on Forum

So thats my problem that they are scratched huh, ok I will try that. O and they are copyprotected anyone know of a program that breaks the copy protection on Data DVDs, tried DVDfab and it didnt work gona go try again but trying to clean them this time.
Old 17-03-2008   #8
Legal Senior Admin

I suspect that this one is in the wrong place and that they are copy protected data dvds rather than movie dvds.

Scan with Protection ID and let us know what copy protection is used and we then may be able to help you further.
Old 17-03-2008   #9
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by philamber View Post
I suspect that this one is in the wrong place and that they are copy protected data dvds rather than movie dvds.

Scan with Protection ID and let us know what copy protection is used and we then may be able to help you further.
ok heres the info i guess its n/a. So can i do this with nero basically to just copy as an image to my HDD or is it not Reading the Protection Correctly?
Attached Images

Old 17-03-2008   #10
Legal Senior Admin

^ No, you need to determine if the disc is copy protected. You can't do that with Nero's Info Tool. Scan the installation folder on your hard drive with Protection ID as indaicated in my previous post.
Old 17-03-2008   #11
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by philamber View Post
^ No, you need to determine if the disc is copy protected. You can't do that with Nero's Info Tool. Scan the installation folder on your hard drive with Protection ID as indaicated in my previous post.
Sorry my bad . OK going to google.
Old 17-03-2008   #12
New on Forum

It gives me nothing just scan some exe files an stuff and gives no log of anything like the screen shots just says ready. I used scan file D: and scan sector both with no results.

I think i found a solution to all my problems its called DVD Decrypter. WOW this thing rocks. Put it to ISo read mode and BAM!! just waiting to see if the image works when its done.

Last edited by proplaya23; 17-03-2008 at 02:41.
Old 17-03-2008   #13
New on Forum

Yes it mounts and i can browse all the files perfectly. Now to wait and see if it works with the actual prgram Alldata tomorrow at work. Any Heads up before i go to sleep?
Old 18-03-2008   #14
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by proplaya23 View Post
Yes it mounts and i can browse all the files perfectly. Now to wait and see if it works with the actual prgram Alldata tomorrow at work. Any Heads up before i go to sleep?
Ok so i go to work today and i tried the one DVD that i ripped it works great, -But the other ones will not finish all the way through, i get read errors on some sectors. Those are the ones that are pretty Scratched up.
Old 18-03-2008   #15
New on Forum

http://lifehacker.com/software/macgy...dge-190634.php
Old 18-03-2008   #16
CD Freaks Member

Try using IsoPuzzle http://www.geocities.com/marsoupilamis/DocEnglish.htm and try reading the disc with every pc dvd drive that you can get your hands on.
Architectonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008   #17
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Ok so i go to work today and i tried the one DVD that i ripped it works great, -But the other ones will not finish all the way through, i get read errors on some sectors. Those are the ones that are pretty Scratched up.
Have you tried to contact Alldata support to get replacements? Maybe that would be a better way to go...then when you get those replacements backup those and use the backup instead of the originals. Cause I know AllData uses a doggle on the parallel port so you can use the AllData programs as part of it's encyption and protection of its' proprietary software.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008   #18
MyCE Resident

I like coolcolors suggestion to get replacements.
I think the disc condition is your main problem.Maybe you could get a video rental place or some business that does this to run them through their polisher/reconditioner for a fee.
If not clean them yourself with products available for this.
Them try IMGBurn in build mode to build an ISO.Since it shows ISO9660 try that first in IMGBurn build /options.If it manages to build an ISO you should be able to write it to a DVD.
Yours shows to be a dual layer & I haven't personally tried IMGBurn with dual layer.I'm sure someone will post if this won't work with dual layer disc.
cholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009   #19
New on Forum

Quote:
Hello friend,
I know that this post is old and you probably figured it out by now.
But anyway the solution is to right click on the Alldata icon on the desktop, Click on find target and in the folder that opens up look for a 3 colored cube icon that says copy disc. thats it and follow it from there. good luck...
Sam8917
sam8917 is offline   Reply With Quote