Old 29-01-2010   #1

Split BluRay Movie Onto TWO Bluray discs?

I have the hardware to read/write bluray. I can easily copy smaller movies to 25gig BD-R.

When I have a 45gig movie (Like Gone With The Wind) I would like to break it in half and burn on two BD-R's.

Any suggestions on software or process. Have rippers, but they don't seem to go from Bluray to Bluray.
Ruggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010   #2
Administrator

Re: Split BluRay Movie Onto TWO Bluray discs?

One tool for splitting blu ray movies is tsMuxeR, but I have never used it for that purpose, so I can't advise you on how to use it.

I'm going to move your thread into our HD software forum, in hopes that Zevia or some others familiar with this function in tsMuxeR will be able to help you.
Kerry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010   #3
MyCE Senior Member

Re: Split BluRay Movie Onto TWO Bluray discs?

Okay, I don't know why you would want to split the Movie in two, just get a BD-R DL that holds 50Gb. I know that the Dual Layer Disks cost more, but you defeat the whole concept of HD Blu-ray. I believe in doing Back-ups to enjoy the Movie in it's full splendor. I enjoy watching my Back-ups more than the Original Disks, because I only Back-up the Movie and take all that other junk off, and it Stops and Plays better than the Original Disk. You can find some good deals on BD-R DL, on eBay.
alchav21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010   #4

YES YOU CAN SPLIT A BLU -RAY IN TWO PARTS AND REATIN BD-50 QUALITY. IT'S ACTUALLY EASY! ON (DVDFAB 8) AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TITLE PAGE, CLICK ON :"title start/ending start” -- THEN CLICK ON CHAPTERS 1-10 AND COPY - THEN REPEAT THE PROCESS AND COPY CHAPTERS 10-THROUGH 20.(EXAMPLE: GONE WITH THE WIND.)
EACH DISC WILL HOLD 25 GB'S AND SO YOU CAN DO UP TO A 50GB MOVIE! PROBLEM SOLVED!! PERFECT QUALITY EVERY TIME!!
calihan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012   #5

Thanks Cali, for some reason this information is not east to find on the net, but I guess it must be self evident. I guess the confusion comes from dvdfab not having a blu ray split feature like for dvd...
dommyce is offline   Reply With Quote