Old 03-02-2011   #1

Slimtype DVD A DS8A3S SCSI CdRom Device (Code 19)

I've tried all of the things I could find in the Microsoft forum, including the Fix Its. The DVD fix it said it was fixed but it was not. The tray opens and closes and the motor sounds as though the disc will read. I've checked three lines of the registry that I found on the Microsoft forum (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\IDE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardw are Profiles\0001\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\IDE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}) They then recommend I post here.

I've checked everywhere I can think of to try to manually download the driver but they all say the driver is up to date. I desperately need to get this fixed. I'm a small business owner and I'm down until this is fixed.

PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shades7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Slimtype DVD A DS8A3S SCSI CdRom Device (Code 19)

Most likely a hardware problem that cant be fixed, this drive is known for such issues.

Did this drive come with the Laptop?

Did you try booting from the drive and what was the result?

Is the drive correctly identified in the BIOS?
Did you try cleaning the drive/lens?

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #3
Senior Moderator

Hi and Welcome!

you could also try reinstalling the storage drivers (often called chipset drivers, southbridge drivers or similar). Since device manager reports the drive as "SCSI", it is likely connected to a Sata controller that needs drivers from the chipset or controller manufacturer.

The component makers might have much later drivers than those from the manufacturer of your computer.

Michael
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #4

I purchased an external USB DVD drive and installed it this morning. Guess what? TEAC CD-224E USB Device (Code 19).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades7 View Post
I've tried all of the things I could find in the Microsoft forum, including the Fix Its. The DVD fix it said it was fixed but it was not. The tray opens and closes and the motor sounds as though the disc will read. I've checked three lines of the registry that I found on the Microsoft forum (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\IDE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardw are Profiles\0001\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\IDE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}) They then recommend I post here.

I've checked everywhere I can think of to try to manually download the driver but they all say the driver is up to date. I desperately need to get this fixed. I'm a small business owner and I'm down until this is fixed.

PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shades7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #5
Senior Moderator

There is a problem with the chipset drivers of your computer.

Additionally, try if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ha...vice_problems/

Michael
mciahel is offline   Reply With Quote