Old 31-10-2004   #1
New on Forum

Prologic PL3507 firmware flash problem.

My external enclosure chip is Prologic PL3507. Chip Number is 03541C. And flashrom is PMC flash.Cause the FW is old, I use "ROMWriter ICP 2.0.4" instead of 2.1.4. But When I Click "Read ROM" button to read current firmware date code of device, The software show the chip's firmware revision.But after that it quit without any information. When I Flash the firmware, I check the "Enable verification". At beginning it erase and flash normally, but it fails the verification. And it stilll be the original revision. The 2.1.4 ver uploader fails too. Software said "flash rejected". How can I do? Please help!

My PL3507 info:
ROM size: 32k
fw ver:2003.06.19.241
vendor id:0X02
chip id:0X2C
kkchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005   #2
New on Forum

Re: Prologic PL3507 firmware flash problem.

Hi,
In the Circuit board, near the PL3507 Chip, you can find a resister which marked as R72 with Zero ohm. Please remove it, and then you can update your firmware with ICP. You could also found latest firmware as below link. Good Luck to you.

http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/v_welcome.asp
Teinlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009   #3
New on Forum

Hi !

I cant update one with : PL-3507 LF07012D

I cant find the R72 with Zero ohm resister ! Or in this model is other resister ?

Thanks !
jeam25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2009   #4
New on Forum

HI i posted this in the hardrive forum :

My system have WinXp home , Sp2 , AMD 64 2gb ram

I have 2 hd CD-310-U2 enclosure that im trying to connect by firewire to my pc
I need the both of them working together at the same time but windows cant see they both at the same time .
Fisrt windows cant see them both at the same time before assign any letter .
Second if you start to assign a letter one disk at time when you go for the second windows cant see it .
You turn off the fisrt one then " surprise " windows see the secong one BUT with the letter of the fisrt HD .
If you change the letter again then windows cant see the fisrt one and the history is repeated .

I cheked the Chipet and it says

PL-3507
LF07012D

I tried to to flash the enclosures but i cant !
When i run the utility it said :

Cant acces the chip, ( Be rejected ! )
Old 31-01-2009   #5
New on Forum

Hi !

This is fustrating please someone help me !
Ive tried to contact Prolific support but they didnt reply me
And coolmax support told me that encloures have to work in daisy chain but it doesnt work .

Iv tried to flash my enclosures coolmax 310 U2 combo with Prolific Pl3507 D with all the rom writers and bin files with no success .

Someone tell me that maybe my enclosures chips are locked . And i read that you can desolder some resistor to open it and then flash the unit BUT i cant find the resistor that is mentioned in the post !
Please i just need them to work together with firewire ! On daisy chain or individually .

Some one here have to know what and how to do !!!

Thanks !

Last edited by jeam25; 31-01-2009 at 08:06. Reason: Modify
Old 31-01-2009   #6
Retired Moderator

If your enclosure is connected by FireWire, try connecting it with USB instead when you try to flash.
Old 31-01-2009   #7
New on Forum

Yeah is connected with usb while trying to flash it .

Thanks !
Old 30-09-2009   #8
New on Forum

I know this is just going to necro an old thread, but this advice worked perfectly on my enclosure. It was several years old, and I couldn't get it to flash. It had a different chip number , 05424C. Thankfully not an A. The board was labeled ME-835U2F v1.2, which pulls up Bytec enclosures that looks nothing like it. (Still might be an older Bytec.) There's a PMC PM39LV010 flash chip on there, so I knew I wasn't completely sunk.

Looking at the board, there just happened to be a zero ohm resistor labeled R72. Rather than be careful, I just popped it off with a putty knife and hoped for the best. Worst case scenario, I rationalize purchasing a SATA drive to put inside my machine. (I'm not going to think about any other worst case scenarios. ). I put it back together, and tried the flasher again. It worked!

If anyone else has trouble with this, and doesn't care if their enclosure is trashed (or worse?) then give this a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teinlong View Post
Hi,
In the Circuit board, near the PL3507 Chip, you can find a resister which marked as R72 with Zero ohm. Please remove it, and then you can update your firmware with ICP. You could also found latest firmware as below link. Good Luck to you.

http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/v_welcome.asp
tramusen is offline   Reply With Quote