Old 06-10-2012   #1326
MediaCodeSpeedEdit Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii2 View Post
ala42,

It seems like the last few releases of MediaCodeSpeedEdit have provided RPC-2 auto-reset patches instead of removing or disabling of RPC completely (RPC-1), this seems especially the case for LG DVD drives.

Have complications with regards to making drives (and especially LG drives) RPC-1 come about?
In MCSE all Renesas chipset based LG RPC patches are RPC2 auto reset patches, all Panasonic chipset based LG RPC patches are RPC1. I prefer the auto reset patch as it does not require any software installed on the PC, so I used the already available patch from TDB when I implemented the first patch for Renesas LG drives. I did not want to take the effort of supporting both patches.
Old 08-10-2012   #1327

Having checked the list of supported drives I went ahead & ordered the LG GH24NS70, unfortunatly when it arrived it was a GH24NS90, with a note saying the NS70 was discontinued.
Any chance you could add support for the new model in the next issue please?
robby2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby2k9 View Post
Having checked the list of supported drives I went ahead & ordered the LG GH24NS70, unfortunatly when it arrived it was a GH24NS90, with a note saying the NS70 was discontinued.
Any chance you could add support for the new model in the next issue please?
The GH24NS90 uses a Mediatek MT1839LN chip instead of the usual Renesas or Panasonic chips used in LG DVD burners. It is completely new drive, so there will be no support for it soon.
Old 24-10-2012   #1329
MyCE Rookie

Hello ala42, thanks for your support of MCSE. How about add support to Pioneer DVR-220L 1.01? Thanks.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1...20605.zip.html

Active Burners: SONY DRU-830A @ SS25 | SONY DRU-840A @ SS01 | SONY DRU-710A @ BYX5

Burners shelved and in good condition: A lot.
shaoxuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012   #1330
cvs
MyCE Resident

Also supporting the latest version of the DVR-S19L/DVR-219L 1.01_120913 firmware (http://club.myce.com/f87/post-new-fi...s-here-210917/) would be nice, if it is not too difficult to do, as this could well be the last firmware release for this drive ... MCSE only supports the first firmware release for this drive ... none of the other 4 firmware releases since that one are supported.
cvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #1331

Hello forum.

Thank you for providing the MediaCodeSpeedEdit program.

I am sorry for stealing your time. I did not read the complete thread.
So maybe the answer to my question was answered before.

But this is not the question.

Here it comes:

What are these Media descriptors good for?

I am a user of your software for years and I patched DVD burner firmwares
only by editing available DVD+/-R manufacturer entries in the manufacturer list.

Example:
Maybe my DVD burner supports these AML DVD+R media only:

AML 001-000 4x
AML 002-000 8x

I cannot change the speed factors of any entry with the software.
But OK.

So if I purchase AML-003 media with 16x writing speed I can only edit an entry of a different manufacturer if I want to burn with 16x speed which I actually do not do.

Is this no problem?

Are the media descriptors only stupid text strings? There are no different writing strategies for different manufacturers programmed in form of tables or whatever inside media burners?

My burner always welcomes if there is at least any firmware entry matching the used blank DVD. So using DVD+R9 disks this way I can burn with 1x or 2.4x speed. Without matching firmware entry I cannot burn those media.

Check amazon or other DVD dealers for the user comments.
The users try multiple burning programs and cannot burn correctly with their notebook or desktop DVD burners.

Reason: The DVD media are not supported by the burner firmware. The users then blame the blank DVDs.

But the DVDs are perfect.

I usually try to buy only burners supported by MediaCodeSpeedEdit.
This way my DVDs are burnt to almost 100%.
The notebook burners are a problem only. A lot of them are not supported.

To repeat my question:
Are the DVD media descriptors basically just stupid text strings?

Greetings.
CEE_oink
CEE_oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #1332
Senior Moderator

It is entirely possible to choose a poorly matched write strategy, so they are more than just text strings, in many cases. There are drives that will trigger a learning algorithm (such as HyperTuning or SolidBurn) with ProdiscF02 and RITEKF1, but will not try to learn with TYG03. Still, your success likely results from good choices when strategy swapping, but they are more than just text strings.
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #1333
MyCE Member

I was wondering when support will be added for the newest batch of drives. The last update was back in oct 2011 and i'm planning on getting the LG BH14NS40 for my new system. Sadly i can't speedpatch the firmware from firmwarehq.com as MCSE doesnt support it "yet". It loads the exe just fine but every option including the one i want the most (increase read speed) stay greyed out and the firmware rev box simply states "Firmware Flash Program v1.03".
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
I was wondering when support will be added for the newest batch of drives. The last update was back in oct 2011 and i'm planning on getting the LG BH14NS40 for my new system. Sadly i can't speedpatch the firmware from firmwarehq.com as MCSE doesnt support it "yet". It loads the exe just fine but every option including the one i want the most (increase read speed) stay greyed out and the firmware rev box simply states "Firmware Flash Program v1.03".
See http://club.myce.com/f61/mediacodesp...ml#post2655446
Old 11-12-2012   #1335
MyCE Member

hmmz, must have overlooked that part. Shame to hear. I was planning on getting that drive for my new system. Guess i'll stay with my current BH10 and BH08 then for now. Is there so much difference between the 2 chipsets that "disables" MCSE? As i quite frequently buy movies & create backups the speed increase is of high importance to me. If a firmware update comes out or someone manages to extract it (dump is what you guys call it?), any chance you'll add support for it then?
Old 12-12-2012   #1336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Is there so much difference between the 2 chipsets that "disables" MCSE?
They have completely different CPU cores (V850 vs. ARM), so everything is different. The only thing in common is the drive name, which looks about the same.
Old 12-12-2012   #1337
MyCE Member

well i could ask what the difference is between the 2 (im a bit of a techy) that makes it incompatible but i'll trust ya. If an official firmware comes out for drves with that nem ARM (if that's what the new ones use), will support be added then?
Old 13-12-2012   #1338
MyCE Member

I've got final Q besides my previous one. I revisted this last couple pages and perhaps i've overlooked it. I was wondering if the LG GH24NS95 also uses that new chipset that prevents riplock removal. Reason i'm asking is because i found the GH24NS70 in the changelog but not the NS95
Old 20-12-2012   #1339
MyCE Rookie

Hi Ala42,

Great soft, I have had great success swapping strategies around for DL media, in the past. Unfortunately my latest drive an OPTIARC AD-5280S CB PLUS is not supported as it is one of the latest editions to the OPTIARC fleet.

I know your working on adding this drive to the next version of MCSE and was wondering if you received a copy of the developer 1.Z8 firmware yet, if you haven't, I could easily dump it and upload a copy for you.

Finally do you have any idea when it might be released? I, like many can't wait to start swapping strats with this overburn drive.

The drives performance with cheap media is pretty poor to say the least.
drunkenninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #1340
MyCE Member

Well it looks like there's firmware available on firmwarehq.com for the LG BH14. Hopefully support can be added soon. There's even a newer drive http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/p...g-bh16ns40.asp (also 14x burner though)
Old 16-01-2013   #1341

If I understand correctly, there is not support for iHASx24 C and D revs because their MTK controllers are too new?
RhoTrux64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013   #1342

Hello all. I'm new to the board and I appreciate any advice you could provide. I've currently got an external (portable) BluRay Writer that I purchased off Ebay a few years back. It's been ripping and writing fine for years but it seems to be on its last legs. The drive is a Matshita, and is very slow. I use MakeMKV and I'd like to be able to rip faster. I searched online because my read speed (6x) wasn't coming close to that (barely 2x) and I heard about riplock.

I'm not techie enough to want to flash new firmware or anything crazy but I would like to purchase a new Portable BluRay Writer that people have had good luck with and ships without rip lock. I'm on a Mac. If anyone has any suggestions for something that rips fast (without riplock) and is available to purchase I would be very grateful.

Sorry I'm not great with the tech stuff and I also apologize if this is mundane or very basic for this board, but I'd love to get some insight from you guys who seem to have tried all the different brands and drives...

Thanks very much!
epicmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013   #1343

Are there any chances for the inclusion of Lite-On iHBS112 in MCSE?

I'd really like a riplock patch and RPC1/RPC2 auto reset feature for this one.

Is it not possible due to the drive being a BDR-drive?
Muyfa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013   #1344

Guys... I am recently learnin about riplock and how I need it dissabled on my BD drive so it can rip faster. I heard I need to upgrade my firmware.

Anyone have a firmware without riplock for HP bd340i drive?

Thanks.
juan71287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #1345

Liteon iHas324 C

Does MCSE support the C series / revision liteon drives?

Thanks!
SoftCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #1346
MyCE Rookie

Hope all is well with ala42, he has gone very quiet lately, here's to hoping he is in his lab somewhere formulating the code for the latest version of MCSE
drunkenninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #1347

Hi all. I used SmartPack to download the firmware for my driver. I upgraded it. The FW was downloaded to my Documents as "ML05.exe" for my HP 340i aka iHBS212. Now, I want to try and increase the rip speed using MCSE. But when I load the program, then click on load FW, and I load the "ML05.exe", everything is grayed out. Nothing changes at all with the exception that on the top of the program it now shows the ML05.exe and that is all.

Any help? What am I doing wrong?
juan71287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013   #1348

mediacodespeededit Support SH-222BB ? firmware SB00 , SB01?
mottacabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013   #1349
DVD Freak

First of all we`ve to thank ala42 for the great work he has done for this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottacabral View Post
mediacodespeededit Support SH-222BB ? firmware SB00 , SB01?
Trials and errors. Paste the firmware in MCSE and you`ll learn.
BTW. Welcome to myce (aka cdfreaks).
pinto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013   #1350

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto2 View Post
First of all we`ve to thank ala42 for the great work he has done for this forum.

Trials and errors. Paste the firmware in MCSE and you`ll learn.
BTW. Welcome to myce (aka cdfreaks).
I did not understand, he does not open the firmware sh-222bb already tested
mottacabral is offline   Reply With Quote