Old 15-05-2007   #1
New on Forum

Matshita dvd-ram uj-850s booktype

I want to change my booktype to dvd-rom however imgeburn doesnt have this option for my matshita drive. how can i change the booktype? is there a program that can change the booktype for matshita drives?
thesmyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007   #2
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where
Re: Matshita dvd-ram uj-850s booktype

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmyster
I want to change my booktype to dvd-rom however imgeburn doesnt have this option for my matshita drive. how can i change the booktype? is there a program that can change the booktype for matshita drives?
Welcome to CDF's

If that didn't work i doubt you will be able to. You could try Nero CD-DVD Speed Good luck.

Click HERE to join CDFreaks.com

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007   #3
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmyster View Post
I have the same drive and have burned a couple of DVD's with it that will not play in my home DVD player, my first thought was the booktype setting, but when I checked the disk with disk info in nero burning rom I found that the drive had automatically set the booktype to DVD-ROM, I have a drive on my desktop that does the same thing. This drive does not allow you to set the book type to DVD-ROM with a software program because the hardware does it on its own, check your disk with a program that can tell you the booktype (such as the info in nero burning rom) and you should find that the DVD Video is already set to DVD-ROM. Now I just have to figure out why it will play in my portable DVD player and not play in my other 2 DVD players. If anyone has any ideals I'd love to hear them, and I don't think it is the brand of disk because I have burned the same brand in other drives and they have played fine.
rjadams60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007   #4
MyCE Resident

Welcome to both of you rjadams60 & thesmyster to the forum! Maybe your other players are not able to play this format? Check owners manual to see what they support.
Dell 17R, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Intel i5 Core (460M), Western Digtial 750GB (Scorpio Black) H.D., 8GB RAM (PC10700), 900p LED HD Display (1600x900) display, 1GB Nvidia Card, Hitachi GBW-10N 6x BD/CD/DVD-RW, SRS Premium Sound System!

PC#2: Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Intel Core 2 Duo T5450, 4GB (PC5300) RAM, 256MB ATI Video Card, 640GB Western Digital HD, PBDS DVD-+RW.

Other Equipment:
1 Pioneer DVR-112D External Drive, 4 External Pioneer DVR-116D Drives, 1 CopyStar Duplicator With ASUS DVDE616A3 DVDRomDrive and 2 Pioneer DVR-116D mounted in it, Mapower enclosure with 2 1TB Western Digital H.D., Mapower enclosure with 2 750GB Seagate HD's, 1 Lacie 2TB 2Big Quadra unit, 8TB MediaSonic ProBox, 2 2TB Western Digital Element drives for backup, and Logitech Pro speaker system!
THE C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007   #5
MyCE Resident

AFAIK, mathista based burner never supported Booktyping and sadly never will.

If you expect help then please use the powerful SEARCH. Try ThreatFire
I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring & HD DVD media. Please PM me if you can help me.

Vamos Tribbles! V-a-m-o-s!!
_chef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007   #6
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chef_ View Post
AFAIK, mathista based burner never supported Booktyping and sadly never will.
For single layer media I believe you are right. For DVD+R DL I think the booktype is set to DVD-ROM.

Bitsetting behaviour on Matshita drives cannot be modified AFAIK.